Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jasminnie

Typical Singaporean: Ai Pih Ai Chi (Cheap Yet Good)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I am thinking of buying PVC cabinet from taobao and using in my tiny toilet, which will have no shower screen so water will get constantly splashed. How is your experience with the one you installed?

Mine's good so far cos the shower screen prevents water from getting into contact with the cabinet. May I suggest if you don't plan to get a shower screen, use a shower curtain instead? On taobao there is those with curved curtain rod (something like this: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.LVUEU1&id=20662683395&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail ) .Its good for corner shower and water won't touch the pvc cabinet. No matter how, in the long run, water isn't good for any surfaces.

Edited by jasminnie

Thanks for the quick feedback! Unfortunately the toilet is really tiny! Even shower curtain will have problem AND going to be used by my parents, don't think they will be bothered to pull the curtain. Maybe I need to put the sink outside the toilet and create an area for it..

• Like 1

A bit overkill with the cargo box-textured kitchen cabinet when whole cabinet looks like rough wood, it can be very purplexing and make sure you hide all the cutleries, crocheries and utensils. Such textured designs look nice without any add ons. the only u display other stuff, it breaks their uniformity and look very messy. Also, use the wrong colour plates or saucers or vase, the whole picture can be very eye-sore.

Also bathroom cabinet doesn't go well with the sink at all. Consider replacing either.

Edited by jabbathehutt

Appreciate the honesty but that's truly very rude to talk that way. There's a fine line btwn blunt and coming across as rude.

FYI, all designs looks nice when there is NO cutlery, CROCKERIES or utensils.

If you don't like it that's not my problem.

• Like 2

And whether I replace the sink or not it's my business, nothing to do with you. If you ain't happy with what u see u can don't follow.

• Like 2

Hello Jasminnie, able to share ur quote n Nick's contact... Thx :) my email is hoseiboh88@gmail.com

Edited by KHLLKH

(continued)

The last few of my Taobao loot also gets installed today:

Common toilet.

This PVC bathroom cabinet only costs S$150 including DOMESTIC shipping:

PVC more lasting than wood because they don't get moldy or mildew as compared to using wood.

1) Closed cabinet door

2) Opened cabinet door

For $150 it comes with a towel hanging bar, side cabinets for storage and a larger bottom cabinet for more storage.

2014-07-31%2013.51.49.jpg

2014-07-31%2013.53.55.jpg

$25 waterfall tap also installed:

2014-07-31%2013.47.14.jpg

Kitchen tap:

The very functional and nice kitchen tap that a gf recommended. Long hose allows pulling the nozzle off the holder to wash further off corners of sinks and table. $67 inclusive international shipping. Saw at Hoe Kee this selling for $200+ for the same tap.

20140731_131457.jpg

HI Jasminnie,
Can i have the link of the waterfall tap and the kitchen tap?
May i know which forwarder did you use?
Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,

I am currently looking for contractor. Do you all have any reasonable and reliable contractor to share?

Pls pm me or email me at yvonne_nxl@hotmail.com. Thank lots