Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cjsaya

Design 4 Space - Please Advice

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My 4A resale HDB was done by Design 4 Space, my designer is Andrew. As the house is quite old, I have decided to do a total make-over, including rewiring.

I would review the service by Andrew and his company in 3 aspects:

1. Price

I asked for quotation from 4 companies. I was quoted around 45K by Design 4 Space, including rewiring. Their price is reasonable.

2. Knowledge

Andrew is very experience. He has many years of experience in this line. He is able to change the design to suite my needs. He shortlisted a few tiles, colour combination, doors etc for me to chose, so that I did not have to chose from 'seas of item'. I like the drainage system in my bathroom, and the divider in my master bedroom.

3. Service

Andrew was very prompt in answering queries. He answers calls and sms quickly. During innovation, he is also flexible enough to ask his supplier to change certain things. I remember the shampoo holders in one of my bathroom is not suitable, Andrew was flexible enough to call his supplier to ask for a replacement. Thus minimise my hassle. When my adjustable down lights and washing machine did not work as they were intended, he was fast to ask his supplier and plumber to rectify them.

In conclusion, you can chose Andrew and Design 4 Space if you want a hassle-free renovation. Please PM me if you want to see the photos of my renovated house.

As a newbie when it comes to renovating, I had headaches and restless nights since the day I got quotations from various IDs. But that's when I started to learn and slowly becoming a so called "expert" in it. Comparing and finalising from few quotations I had in hand was really difficult and mind-taxing.

That is when I met up with my designer Tan from Design4space. Our meet-ups was always comfortable and relaxing. Not only, did he patiently listen to my wife and mine ideas and requests. he also slowly guided us throughout our discussions. He also proposed good and constructive ideas to meet our requests. Aside he is responsive to calls and most of our discussion was over the phone, so things were settled quickly. He always does his best and do not over commit and give empty promises.

Though, it is the initial stage of the whole renovation, I am very impressed with his professionalism and responsibility. In addition,. he is also very knowledgeable and often advise us the pros and cons during discussion. I hope my whole renovation process with him will be an enjoyable and hassle free one. So far, I am very satisfied, I would definitely recommend Tan to others. :jammin:

Hi, just recently moved into my new house and wanted to share my first renovating experience with Design 4 Space.

As a first timer and recall reading some of the horrible experiences online, I was pretty anxious about engaging an interior design firm. As what most people do, we went to a talk to a few ID firms and got our quotes which we eventually narrowed down to 2 ID firms. In the end, we decided to go with Design 4 Space. Two reasons why we eventaully went with Design 4 Space (1) Our consultant, Edwin looked very sincere when we first engaged him (2) We were assured that the quotation were transparent and our VOs would be minimal given our budget constraint (which in the end turns out to be true).

Because the buyer of our existing flat is not willing to grant us any extension, we needed the ID to finish the job within 6 weeks (which effectively equates to 3-4 working weeks after taking away weekends and public holidays). Ours was a 4 room resale flat which we requested to do up the whole house. During the course of the renovation, we had to leave most of the coordination work to Edwin due to our work commitment. Luckily for us, he was very responsible and had taken the effort to update us on the progress. He was patient when answering our queries and gave us quite a bit of advice on the material selection and layout design as well. In the end, it turns out that he was able to complete the whole renovation within the time given when we had only requested for him to furnish up 2 rooms for us. We were very satisfied with the quality of work especially on our kitchen.

All in all, am glad that we had a very smooth renovation experience. Even after handing over the house to us, Edwin was still very responsive to one or two minor issues we had even though they are not related to the work done by him. I would definitely recommend Edwin from Design 4 Space Concept.

Just concluded the makeover of my 3rm resale flat, courtesy of Design 4 Space Concept. Frankly speaking, i did have my reservations on the quality and service of this company as their quotation was very competitive.

To my pleasant surprise, it was a breeze throughout the renov works. My consultant, Roy was contactable 24/7 (that's very important!) to answer all my queries and updates on the renovation. As it's a fairly 'old' flat, we decided to give it a full makeover, and that would require lots of permit applications for hacking, etc. Fortunately, Roy was around to handle all the necessary co-ordination. Plus, he's also a very resourceful guy who could "magic" all my impromptu requirements efficiently.

Overall, i would say that my experience with Roy from Design 4 Space Concept far exceeded my expectations. Thumbs up to him for handing over a good job within a reasonable budget without compromising on quality.

Guest Dervin Lee

anyone engage zen chua before? how's the review? my wife wanted to engage him. i find him not bad too. but i'm still worry as there are mixed up feedbacks about design 4 space.

Did anyone engage Jack from Design4Space before? Seems that there are alot of mixed reviews about this company. Would really appreciate any feedback!

• Like 1

Im considering design4space for 4rm flat new bto no flooring i their package price of 11k to 15k true enough or will there be alot of additional or hidden costs after signup...appreciate if u can recommend who is your ID for lavender or paya lebar branch???thanks

Just concluded the makeover of my 3rm resale flat, courtesy of Design 4 Space Concept. Frankly speaking, i did have my reservations on the quality and service of this company as their quotation was very competitive.

To my pleasant surprise, it was a breeze throughout the renov works. My consultant, Roy was contactable 24/7 (that's very important!) to answer all my queries and updates on the renovation. As it's a fairly 'old' flat, we decided to give it a full makeover, and that would require lots of permit applications for hacking, etc. Fortunately, Roy was around to handle all the necessary co-ordination. Plus, he's also a very resourceful guy who could "magic" all my impromptu requirements efficiently.

Overall, i would say that my experience with Roy from Design 4 Space Concept far exceeded my expectations. Thumbs up to him for handing over a good job within a reasonable budget without compromising on quality.

My Fren used them as well. Workmanship quite awesome!

Made us very comfortable with them! I highly recommend our ID Vincent!

Now a few of us at woodlands treetrail signed with him already!

Those who keen to get his contact can pm me :)

Has anyone worked with Desmond before? I heard not very positive feedbacks on some of their IDs although I also heard of their quality workmanship at the same time. I would appreciate if anyone can advice me before I sign up with them. Thank you!