Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cjsaya

Design 4 Space - Please Advice

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 6/27/2016 at 8:07 PM, Samuel Chan said:

I happen to have the same name as the ID, Samuel Tan of Design 4 Space, but I'm the Chan version :P

Our BTO flat is currently being renovated by him. Below is the photo I took just last week (secret night inspection)

Screen_Shot_2016-06-27_at_7.10.31_PM.png

So far so good. I also did my research here to find out that they have good workmanship, so can't wait for those built-in cupboards, desks and cabinets to be up :D 

Yea FITJAY, Samuel is pretty friendly and has always being contactable throughout. We do sometimes message him at wee hours and still got a response (but felt really bad after that. lol.) 

To get a sense of the quotation, I got a few contractors to quote me before I went to Design 4 Space. So with the package, I think I got a quite reasonable (in fact lower, since its package) quote for the amount of work I ask for.

This is our first time renovating so I also don't know what else to expect, but at least it is smooth and pleasant. 

I also had quite alot of ideas and concepts which were all translated to 3D accurately. He did mention that most house-owner took at least 2-3 time to revise until they are satisfied with the design. However, I was quite satisfied on the 1st revision. I have to crack my head to think of things to change.... but end up I can only comment on colour, the design were exactly what I wanted :) 

Here's the final 3D design of my house before start of the work. 

3.jpg

Wanted brick liked effect on the featured wall

1.jpg

Converted one room into study. Decided to hack the wall to have an illusion of space.

4.jpg

Hack the kitchen wall to have food easily serve to the dining table outside. Also tempered glass panel across.

Pretty happy of the design :D

Screen_Shot_2016-06-27_at_7.10.31_PM.png

You got neat design out there. Can you pm me his contact info if you dont mind? I'm new and on the look out for reputable/trusted IDs. 

On 7/9/2016 at 1:05 PM, Samuel Chan said:

Yea, I heard lots of story too. Especially in our HDB private Facebook page. I got quote first individually from various contractors... And it's definitely cheaper if it's part of a package. One of their basic package for 4 room is 12k-ish... 

The package is pretty reasonable, but I ask for this and that and more stuff... Up till it cost 30k-ish. 

Heres more recent photos...

I'm building a home office base on my need. If not for the "office", should be around 20k-ish

We will be getting a lot of other decorative stuff from ezbuy.sg (Taobao), so can save quite a lot. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I really can't help but comment on this. Nice idea to create illusion. 

On 7/24/2016 at 3:34 PM, Fxman111 said:

I've contacted ID Daniel from Design 4 Space @ Ang Mo Kio. His quotation and 3d drawing was completed in 2 working days for my 5i resale flat. Total make over with tiles,false ceiling, plumbing ,wardrobes,kitchen cabinets,doors and windows @ 50k iincluding GST.  Price is reasonable. 3 other ID firm quoted the same thing at 60k to 97k.You will find him a pleasant and friendly guy to work with. I'm signing up with him next week. I will update on the workmanship when it's done.

Kindly pm me his contact info if you dont mind?

On 11/16/2016 at 4:14 PM, cancan83 said:

Kindly pm me his contact info if you dont mind?

You could just google for Design 4 Space and look at the AMK branch number and call to ask for him.

Better don’t engage ID Adrian Tay from Design 4 space Paya Lebar branch.Everything he will say ok,end up he didnt do whatever he suppose to do.And i need to keep chasing him and keep texting him to follow up those works.He also didn’t communicate with those contractor properly to let them knw what they sld do for the house.When I asked Adrian why didn’t do?He will says he already informed the contractor to do it.Then when i asked contractor why they didn’t do?They says Adrian didn’t inform  them.Carpenter workmanship is sucks and Carpenter also very rude.U can see my kitchen cabinet door have 2 black dots on it,it suddenly appears.When i feedback,the answer is this is not a defect,so can’t change for u.If u Wan to change,u have to pay for it.My cabinet just only 3 months old..I still need to pay for it to change a new door due to the laminate faulty.U can see my kitchen cabinet drawers,can see one is perfectly well done,the other one Is a defect.Before hand over for renovation my bto house already fixed defect by HDB.After the renovation my bto house getting more defect.My wall skirting,marble tiles,my wall etc...So better think twice before engage this company n this ID.Don’t believe reviews from FB,some is those ID friends to write gd reviews.31ACC334-6A1B-4867-BDDD-FBAD78BC2F69.jpeg.ecddf58b6b1f4f111a8616d8c7b6d0b3.jpegEC0E9067-1246-413D-A229-BDD768FE46AB.jpeg.737d3cfaed1788dab71137a62e60c51c.jpeg

B17A4D35-3A13-4B3A-B468-CC1905079272.jpeg

EA93C295-43EE-4595-AD13-95E62B5133B6.jpeg

4E4E8997-D3AD-4812-8450-604EF9C4D3B4.jpeg

06E00A20-B626-4166-B15B-33513E79FAF7.jpeg

2FCE251D-CDCE-4997-AEE0-F53814920F6D.jpeg

Edited by Udon

Udon,

I totally feel for you. I have engaged with them anf their workmanship is disaster. Scratches here scratches there, so many defects i wonder why still so many positive reviews on their company. Now everyday when i look at those defects i felt very annoyed! Text the ID for the defect, no reply ! So regretted to engaged with them ! So, for those who wanna engage with them, pls think twice! 

Edited by Lavlove1122
Typo

On 5/19/2018 at 3:10 AM, Udon said:

Better don’t engage ID Adrian Tay from Design 4 space Paya Lebar branch.Everything he will say ok,end up he didnt do whatever he suppose to do.And i need to keep chasing him and keep texting him to follow up those works.He also didn’t communicate with those contractor properly to let them knw what they sld do for the house.When I asked Adrian why didn’t do?He will says he already informed the contractor to do it.Then when i asked contractor why they didn’t do?They says Adrian didn’t inform  them.Carpenter workmanship is sucks and Carpenter also very rude.U can see my kitchen cabinet door have 2 black dots on it,it suddenly appears.When i feedback,the answer is this is not a defect,so can’t change for u.If u Wan to change,u have to pay for it.My cabinet just only 3 months old..I still need to pay for it to change a new door due to the laminate faulty.U can see my kitchen cabinet drawers,can see one is perfectly well done,the other one Is a defect.Before hand over for renovation my bto house already fixed defect by HDB.After the renovation my bto house getting more defect.My wall skirting,marble tiles,my wall etc...So better think twice before engage this company n this ID.Don’t believe reviews from FB,some is those ID friends to write gd reviews.31ACC334-6A1B-4867-BDDD-FBAD78BC2F69.jpeg.ecddf58b6b1f4f111a8616d8c7b6d0b3.jpegEC0E9067-1246-413D-A229-BDD768FE46AB.jpeg.737d3cfaed1788dab71137a62e60c51c.jpeg

B17A4D35-3A13-4B3A-B468-CC1905079272.jpeg

EA93C295-43EE-4595-AD13-95E62B5133B6.jpeg

4E4E8997-D3AD-4812-8450-604EF9C4D3B4.jpeg

06E00A20-B626-4166-B15B-33513E79FAF7.jpeg

2FCE251D-CDCE-4997-AEE0-F53814920F6D.jpeg

Udon,

I totally feel for you. I have engaged with them anf their workmanship is disaster. Scratches here scratches there, so many defects i wonder why still so many positive reviews on their company. Now everyday when i look at those defects i felt very annoyed! Text the ID for the defect, no reply ! So regretted to engaged with them ! So, for those who wanna engage with them, pls think twice!