Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mintyvintage

Raw Means Refined - Scandinavian Industrial

Nice interior design and brilliant solution for the MBR, Mintyvintage! We have the same MBR layout and yes, including the odd window for access to aircon ledge. =/

For your MBR wardrobe which replaces the wall between MBR and CR, how is the sound-proofing? If you talk loudly in the CR, can you hear clearly in your MBR? We are considering your layout but my husband wants to make the CR his drums room.

For your LR, is the track lights enough to light up the living area properly?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi can share how you run your aircon piping in the mbr to the common rooms? did u do any false ceiling?

cos my floorplan is very similar to yours and we wish to hide the aircon piping as much as possible

@ndloong- will ask my husband to respond. not the best person to explain on aircon piping haha!

but no we didnt do any false ceiling throughout the house. there was some box-up though.

Argh i've been looking for black handles for my bathroom doors! How do they feel? What are they made of?

ID says that she couldn't find black handles in singapore. Maybe aluminium doors have different handle types but the stainless steel ones she showed us were all silver.

In the end, we're getting the handles powder coated so that it can match nicely. A bit of extra cost but I was unwilling to live with silver handles on black alum doors.

@dwinsplace i dont know what they are made of! haha. it feels like the normal silver handles but matte. these are not pure black tho, they have a bit of grey in them. i couldnt find pure black ones... i think my ID mentioned similar grey-black ones in singapore from his source, cost ard $120 per handle! i bought these from taobao at abt $30 per handle excluding shipping.

powder coated will be matte or glossy? will the color flake/drop over time since we always open and close doors? but i guess its like aluminium windows right...

Have you guys tried cleaning the casement windows with the invisible grills in place? Was it difficult to do so, especially the outer glass surface of the window?

Am toying with the idea of installing fixed invisible grills too between my blinds and casement windows.

@tessina - we only cleaned the inside (Facing the house). not too bothered with outside. hahaha. its not very difficult as the distance between each wire is abt 4", just abit more troublesome compared to the movable kind of grills.

of course you should lift/roll up ur blinds before u clean the windows. =)

Nice interior design and brilliant solution for the MBR, Mintyvintage! We have the same MBR layout and yes, including the odd window for access to aircon ledge. =/

For your MBR wardrobe which replaces the wall between MBR and CR, how is the sound-proofing? If you talk loudly in the CR, can you hear clearly in your MBR? We are considering your layout but my husband wants to make the CR his drums room.

For your LR, is the track lights enough to light up the living area properly?

@millymuddles - thank you! =) my aircon ledge is actually linked to service yard, so the window at my MBR is purely for ventilation i guess (or whatever brilliant idea that hdb thought of). hahaha.

i supposed your CR refers to bedroom2? there is not much sound proofing difference between it being a wall vs it being a wardrobe in my opinion. if i shout across with both rooms' doors closed, it will be muffled but can still be heard. if the CR is drums room, then definitely you can hear it being played in the MBR, afterall drums are quite loud! haha.

for Living room, we have 2 track lights, one that runs across the long side with 5 bulbs, and a shorter one that runs across the shorter wall (sofa side) with 2 bulbs. usually we only switch on either one and it is bright enough for our comfort. of course the light source won't be centralised.

Updates as of 15/8

we have moved in for almost one month now. trying to settle in, with some new deliveries of appliances and add-ons to the house.

here are some pictures i took with my iphone. will upload the others taken with my camera another time.

the door handle (for all the room doors) that i bought from taobao. it's grey-black and matte.

IMG_8354.jpg

day and night curtains in the MBR

IMG_8386.jpg

MBR with bed on platform

IMG_8505.jpg

Living room blinds (night)

IMG_8416.jpg

Invisible grills with the blinds

IMG_8407.jpg

Hi mintyvintage,

May I know how much are your blinds and curtains? I like the light grey colour of your curtains.. suits my theme.. may I know the material and colour code too?

black w a bit of grey would be perfect for my colour scheme actually. But sadly the decision to powder coat has already been made.

We're also a little fearful of flaking/ scratches due to frequent use but I'll just chalk that up to experience if it does happen... And then I'll go and buy yours lor. haha.

Hi mintyvintage,

Can the door handle be used for main door as well? Also may I know where you got your blinds from?

hi. dont think so. the main door handle seems to have a more complicated lock mechnism (Double lock) so i dont think this kind would work. best to consult the door experts!

blinds from home style curtains and blinds but i believe most places supply the same blinds now

Hi mintyvintage,

May I know how much are your blinds and curtains? I like the light grey colour of your curtains.. suits my theme.. may I know the material and colour code too?

they are from home style curtains and blinds. unfortunately i dont have the color code. i just picked it from a catalogue. material, texture and colors can vary depending on the supplier's range of materials so best to check with each of them, as they import from different countries.

black w a bit of grey would be perfect for my colour scheme actually. But sadly the decision to powder coat has already been made.

We're also a little fearful of flaking/ scratches due to frequent use but I'll just chalk that up to experience if it does happen... And then I'll go and buy yours lor. haha.

ah well well. if it does flake, then it might give character to the handles. who knows! hehe!

Out of space on page 1, so continuing updates here.

Living room - tried to take some day and night views.. which view do you prefer?

i like the day view when the light can stream in and my husband prefers the night view. hahaha.

Day view

SAM_0457.jpg

SAM_0460.jpg

Night view

SAM_0419.jpg

SAM_0422.jpg

SAM_0420.jpg

• Like 1

Hi can share how you run your aircon piping in the mbr to the common rooms? did u do any false ceiling?

cos my floorplan is very similar to yours and we wish to hide the aircon piping as much as possible

Hi,

What we did was to run the aircon pipes from the living room through both the common rooms. For the room nearer to the MBR, there will be a small area that is hidden within our wardrobe before cutting out 90 degrees into the MBR. The outlet is then completed in the MBR toilet.

All the exposed trunks are nicely boxed up by our contractor.

Hi,

What we did was to run the aircon pipes from the living room through both the common rooms. For the room nearer to the MBR, there will be a small area that is hidden within our wardrobe before cutting out 90 degrees into the MBR. The outlet is then completed in the MBR toilet.

All the exposed trunks are nicely boxed up by our contractor.

some pictures that i managed to dig out

From living room into bedroom 3

aircon18.jpeg

running into bedroom 2

aircon19.jpeg

for mbr

aircon17.jpeg

into mbr toilet

aircon110.jpeg

end up here as a boxup which our ID used tiles to cover up

aircon112.jpeg

thanks Uchiha Sasuke and mintyvintage! :good:

I realise your aircon pipe start from the mbr toilet to the rooms..for our unit at the bottom of the aircon ledge window hdb actually cut a hole...we have a choice not to use that?

mbr toilet with the box-up tiled up

IMG_8053-1.jpg

SAM_0334.jpg

Really ADORE your crib! Btw, does your toilet comes with a ceiling light other than the LED strips in the "piped box"?