Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stylocool

My Industrial Show Flat @ Punggol Emerald

Hi Stylocool,

Tks for the update, tried to PM you but you are not able to receive any new msg. Perhaps you can PM me instead? Tks.

I too cannot send u any msg. Please check if your inbox is full. Mine is.

Edited by stylocool

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Marquee Lights

It's finally here. Our custom vintage marquee lights.

20140726_131524_zpsnoowpxvr.jpg

Peace sign for the living room.

20140726_131534_zpsegnjlpzx.jpg

Moustache for the kids room. Need to change it from rustic black to solid black as it doesn't match the theme for the kids room. Got to wait for 2 months for the next batch of shipment.

20140726_133029_zpscj1vlgkh.jpg

This is how it looks after installation. Love it TTM!

IMG-20140730-WA0023_zpszi9hjtft.jpg

One bulb was not working so need get it changed.

IMG-20140730-WA0026_zpsohbwshdh.jpg

Hi! Mind sharing where u got ur marquee lights from? TIA! 😁

Living Room Reno

In order to have that industrial feel, brick wall is a must. White brick wall is just too common for us. So we have to make a decision between black and raw brick colors. In the end, we chose the raw color because if we want it to be black later we can simply just paint it but if we do black first then we can never do this raw color. Laying the whole wall with bricks is also too common so we requested our ID to do something different. Both my wife and i love to visit cafes and we love the ambience created by shining lights on the brick wall. In order to have lights shining up, our ID proposed dividing the wall into 2 halves, upper half brick wall and lower half a wooden panel to house the lighting.

8_zpsd8327296.jpg

The wooden panel with the lighting. The ambience is exactly what we wanted. Simply stunning!

20140703_165903_zps2fcfa8fc.jpg

When it comes to home decor, we feel that the living room design is very important as it's the first thing our guests and friends will see so we spent a lot of time brainstorming with our ID. Like everyone else, we refer to magazines, pinterest, houzz and visited popular furniture shops for inspirations. Our ID came up with very bold ideas and refreshing ideas. He even suggested to do structural changes to the living room in order to make it look less like a HDB flat. Everyone knows great ideas usually don't come cheap. Got to watch the wallet. So in the end we thought about doing something different and yet useful.

In a lot of industrial themed home decor, people usually have black conduit piping for the fans and track lights. IT'S JUST TOO COMMON!!! So our ID came up with these metal beams and have the track lights installed on it. My wife and i love it as it's very loft with all that metal.

9_zpsfe445cb8.jpg

This is how it looks like with the track lights. Too bad HDB ceiling is too low. If not it will look much better.

20140703_165843_zps57b29a90.jpg

Hi,

May I know where you get the bricks wall from? Thanks

I did something similar to stylocool. Got mine at Hafary.

10426294_10154527549706515_4602115081304

So the material is tiles? Any other options to go for as tiles is abit out of budget :(

Something like that, but they call it CraftBricks. The only more affordable alternative I can think of right now is wallpaper.

It's called CraftStone BTW and has a lot of other colors to choose from. But it's expensive compared to wallpaper. IMO if you want a brick wall, besides building it using real bricks, this is the only way to go in order to look real. Wallpaper is too fake when viewed using a naked eye. Another option i suggest is to buy craftstone from malaysia and find a local tiler. I believe you can save quite a bit as exchange rate is good now. I've seen people buying from TB also.

Edited by stylocool

I suggest to compare the pricing (both local and Malaysia) before diving in. These Craftstones are quite heavy, so transporting them in your self-drive vehicle from M'sia to Singapore may pose a problem (much less to move it up to your unit).

I suggest to compare the pricing (both local and Malaysia) before diving in. These Craftstones are quite heavy, so transporting them in your self-drive vehicle from M'sia to Singapore may pose a problem (much less to move it up to your unit).

I think some companies provide delivery service to SG

That would be fantastic. I got mine from Hafary through my ID (so my wallet kanna whack 1x good one). Lol.

Aside to wallpaper, the visual effect is still reasonable except that the feel is not there. Its advantage is that you can remove it anytime you want.

It's called CraftStone BTW and has a lot of other colors to choose from. But it's expensive compared to wallpaper. IMO if you want a brick wall, besides building it using real bricks, this is the only way to go in order to look real. Wallpaper is too fake when viewed using a naked eye. Another option i suggest is to buy craftstone from malaysia and find a local tiler. I believe you can save quite a bit as exchange rate is good now. I've seen people buying from TB also.

Any 3D wallpaper to make the visual look more realistic? Emmm... :blink:

That would be fantastic. I got mine from Hafary through my ID (so my wallet kanna whack 1x good one). Lol.

Aside to wallpaper, the visual effect is still reasonable except that the feel is not there. Its advantage is that you can remove it anytime you want.

Yah, agreed.. Was thinking if not happy with it just remove and paint my wall.. :good: