Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aluka

Living Room With No Tv

Hi,

Has anyone tried a concept of not having a TV at all in the living room? I am having this wild thought. Any friends out there having the same thought or have implemented - pl share your thoughts.

Best.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Not wild at all. My TV has always been in the common room and not living room. Creates a cosier atmosphere and frees up the living room for human interaction without distractions. No TV in mbr too for similar reasons. Don't be afraid to execute your ideas if you really think they are feasible. Even if it doesn't turn out the way it should, at least you know after trying rather than wonder and regretting :)

• Like 2

Hi,

Has anyone tried a concept of not having a TV at all in the living room? I am having this wild thought. Any friends out there having the same thought or have implemented - pl share your thoughts.

Best.

If you have a spare room for TV Entertainment, why not....

In fact it is a good idea not to have TV in the living room and bedrooms..

I have also used to implement this method to my living room but my family memebers are not happy with that. You need to find some other source for entertainment so you can't get bored and i have installed a play station for same. And I love <link removed> for decoration services because of thier services and creativity.

Hey ericfoster38, is the Interior Designers you mentioned in US? That's too far for me.. anyway thanks for the reco

Yup, I've got no TV in my living room. As a matter of fact, I've got no TV at all!! Haha! :notti:

Reason being that I don't watch TV as a general rule. Entertainment? Why...there's always the world wide web! Mostly, I watch documentaries on YouTube or something... and rock-out to some of the greatest Death-Metal music this side of Hel :jammin: !

So all I really need is a computer (with a nice big HD screen!), and a good sound system. Ohh...I've also got 4 guitars so that keeps me entertained as well. As you can well imagine, I'm not too popular with the neighbours!

Edited by Loki

• Like 1

Yup, I've got no TV in my living room. As a matter of fact, I've got no TV at all!! Haha! :notti:

Reason being that I don't watch TV as a general rule. Entertainment? Why...there's always the world wide web! Mostly, I watch documentaries on YouTube or something... and rock-out to some of the greatest Death-Metal music this side of Hel :jammin: !

So all I really need is a computer (with a nice big HD screen!), and a good sound system. Ohh...I've also got 4 guitars so that keeps me entertained as well. As you can well imagine, I'm not too popular with the neighbours!

Thanks for the encouragement. I am close to finalizing the idea. Have shared my thoughts to few IDs - some raised eyebrows and others are receptive..

My TV was collecting dust in the living room so I gave it to my tenant. Tenant was extremely happy initially but after awhile she threw it into the store room. All we need is just a laptop. A TV is a white elephant, doesn't suit our life style.

Edited by gemini

Anyone has installed a home projector system? Please share some info.. I am looking for one.

Your ideas was good, you can put your TV in your media room/entertainment room if you have. Living room is the place where you accept your visitor;TV is just a distraction. :):)

Hello all,

we for one also do not intend to place any TV console in the living room nor have plans to place it in our masterbed room. That leaves us with some work to do on how should we design the place so it looks appealing. At the moment, we do not have any plans for our living room except being bare. A few ideas we have been working on is a small library, work station and 2 massage chair, tread mill and couple of weights, aquarium?

We are not placing ciling fans so there will be no L box, no elevated platform, no featured wall, etc.

Still thinking through the idea because if it ain't going to used, it wouldn't be included in the plan.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated on a tv-less living room design.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Wow interesting to know that there are quite a handful out there who are not into TV/having a tv in the living area. This is a thought I have ever considered seriously. However, as a singleton needing the 'white noise' I know I cannot do without one. . I've actually kept my old TV when I sold my place and will be putting it up (if it's still working!;) in the living for the new place. Still, I am so not gonna have the traditional TV console or wall mount tv this time round..for those who can do without one, it actually opens up options for a more cosy, open and truly interactive, living area as looneygas pointed out. IMHO decorating it with books and curios are a classy, timeless way to achieve that warm and relaxed atmosphere. Put up a painting or two or a piece of antique finds will do well too. Just like many of the expat houses I've visited! :rolleyes:

Having a projector system installed is another good idea - whatever fits your living style. I've ever seen those standard projector being mounted on the ceiling and looks quite cool and functional - just that it's not a nice reminder of those in the offices :rolleyes: Aluka, did you have that eventually? Can share any pix?

The reno for my three room resale at Hougang just started. And I'm already eyeing at a 'non-traditional' TV console..will post up the pix when I get to..

Good luck!

Yes, Most of the people having tv in the living area. This is not a wild thought even this is nice thought. Everyone can see the TV anytime without any disturbance to other family members.

Thanks and Regards

[removed]