Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CegHauLee

How To Fix The Leak For Pozzi Tap

Hi, Anyone has experience open this type of pozzi tap? i took out the 2 screws found on the tap. Yet cannot open to replace the part in order to fix the leak.

Any idea or advise are welcome. Thanks

14391149399_78c0c0540e_s.jpg

Edited by CegHauLee

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've removed various kind of tap heads, intended to repair, eventually ended up whole set replacement.

Your turn now. :dribble:

Head 'drips' over time cos of valve mechanical slight misalignment.

Valve is the 'heart' of the whole tap.

Some 'heart' can be replaced while some not.

I prefer replacing whole tap head these days......

Water pressure plays a part too. Low pressure (during rush hour), it drips.

One way i 'discovered' - off the hander in a 'fast & quick' manner helps.

Replacing the valve only cost a few dollars, but u have to find spare parts that is of correct length.

so most will rather replace the entire tap.

I used to use Pozzi tap for my kitchen sink, so I assume the valve design is the same.

Mine was also starting to leak, the 'O' ring was no good (red in color if I remember correctly) and leaking from the tap although it was closed.

It cannot be replace. I tried but could not find the correct size 'O' ring in the market.

End up replace the whole tap.

But I was able to find the O ring for my bathroom sink tap. Also Pozzi. Strange they use different design.

I think it is not a China brand but I am not surprise if it is made in China (like everything else these days).

Anyway, I replace with a another tap (brand-less) which I got from a neighbor hood hardware shop. Before the purchase, I ask the seller if the rubber seal can be replace. He's reply was: these days, it is hard to find such taps.

Anyway, I decided that for a $40+ dollar tap, if it last me for 3 or 4 years, I should be happy with it.

At last found a man as handy as me :D

All my neighbours' men all don't have toolbox...

Wondering if they know how to how a screw driver, a plier...

Being handy is good or no good depends on how a person look at it (and also the mood at that moment).

When my parents-in-law moved house a few years, I installed all the toilet roll holder, shower set, towel hanger, etc... for them. At that time, my wife said it is good to have a hands on man in the house.

Recently my daughter's room air-con leak water on Sat night. Sunday go where find A/C technician? And if I can find, sure kena slaughter.

Anyway, it is just a choke drain pipe, so I DIY.

This time, my wife comment that I am a 'cheapo'.

On 7/24/2014 at 11:35 AM, w7_lee said:

I think it is not a China brand but I am not surprise if it is made in China (like everything else these days).

Anyway, I replace with a another tap (brand-less) which I got from a neighbor hood hardware shop. Before the purchase, I ask the seller if the rubber seal can be replace. He's reply was: these days, it is hard to find such taps.

Anyway, I decided that for a $40+ dollar tap, if it last me for 3 or 4 years, I should be happy with it.

Over the weekend, notice the $40+ tap is leaking (water dripping when closed) again, so it lasted for about 3.5 years.

On 15/07/2014 at 4:37 PM, w7_lee said:

I used to use Pozzi tap for my kitchen sink, so I assume the valve design is the same.

Mine was also starting to leak, the 'O' ring was no good (red in color if I remember correctly) and leaking from the tap although it was closed.

It cannot be replace. I tried but could not find the correct size 'O' ring in the market.

End up replace the whole tap.

But I was able to find the O ring for my bathroom sink tap. Also Pozzi. Strange they use different design.

Hi sir. 

Thanks for you share experiences on pozzi tap. I have encounter same problem and my bathroom tap start to leaking. 

Do you let me know how to dissemble it so I can replace the O ring? Since I try to scroll out the screw, yet cannot open the cover to find the valve.

Appreciation  your help. 

995219A3-2A6F-41DF-B583-1FE43457BC0B.jpeg.535e4785265311b446cd6af611caabcc.jpeg