Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CegHauLee

How To Fix The Leak For Pozzi Tap

My bathroom is using a different design but for yours, there should be a small set screw behind the stem of the on/off lever (black arrow). You will need an allen key to loosen it (half or 1 turn). Then you can remove the on/off lever.

The collar (if I call it correctly, yellow arrow) should be screwed on. You can hold the tap firmly with one hand and use the other hand to grip the collar & the turn the collar counter-clockwise to loosen it. 

The valve will be expose once the collar is removed. You will need a spanner to loosen the valve from the rest of the tap.

Good luck.

Just for your info, I also replaced my bathroom Pozzi tap last August. It was leaking again and it was not the O ring but thru' the valve itself. Since the tap had scratches (after 8 years), I decided to get a new exact replacement. It think it cost $60.

pozzi tap.jpeg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I’ve replaced the valves for pozzi taps previously. The valves can be bought from Taobao quite cheaply. The problem is to get the correct size valves as they comes in many sizes. So need to disassemble the existing valve first to take the measurements then can order. So far I’m unable to find valves of matching size at local hardware stores as the stores usually carry 2 brands of valves which don’t match the taps hence the only source is Taobao 

On 2/28/2018 at 8:41 PM, snoozee said:

I’ve replaced the valves for pozzi taps previously. The valves can be bought from Taobao quite cheaply. The problem is to get the correct size valves as they comes in many sizes. So need to disassemble the existing valve first to take the measurements then can order. So far I’m unable to find valves of matching size at local hardware stores as the stores usually carry 2 brands of valves which don’t match the taps hence the only source is Taobao 

Hello @snoozee

I have a Pozzi tap in my kitchen. 

I managed to dismantle it. 

Which part needs to be replaced? The whole quarter valve or just the washer? 

Do you have the taobao link you purchased from? That would help greatly! Thank you so much!!! :)

20180403_104747.jpg

I don’t have the Taobao link anymore since it was purchased years ago. It’s better to replace the entire valve as there are actually quite a number of rubber seals and o-rings in the valve assembly so it’s hard to pin-point which is the one causing the leak

the valve assembly come in many sizes so make sure you measure all the dimensions like diameter, length of the main body and length of the valve stem, etc to get the correct sized one

snoozee is right. Better to replace the complete valve.

On my first leak, I only had to replace the seal (white rubber O ring in your picture). It work fine for a couple of years and leak again.

So I change the seal again but it still leak. I guess the quarter valve has worn off. Since it was 7 years old, I replace with an exact model.

There is a general provision shop at Bedok North 85 market that sells the valve but I am not sure if it fits. You can bring along and give it a try. I saw 2 different size.

Edited by w7_lee

Most of the shops in Singapore sells 2 sizes which are from 2 different brands. Neither would fit the pozzi tap as the size are different. 

TS i think that its better to just buy an entire tap of the same model or some other model because not all shops will carry the spare parts of different kinds of taps as they will only carry the common ones, alternatively if the tap manufacturer has a distributor in sg, maybe he can help else its just better to get an entire new set in my opinion

Edited by CrimsonTide