Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dylanchua

5I Jurong West, Old 25 Years Old Flat

It's been a long time since any update. Will be taking over the flat this week and will update with pics. Meantime, I've been struggling with this electrical contractor so much that I wish I had just let the ID handle it instead of outsourcing it myself.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry have not been updating this thread. Made some wrong colour choices on sofa and tv console... It's disheartening that after 2 months of doing so much, its the final details that killed the whole look. It's like doing a 10,000 pcs jigsaw puzzle for months, and finally discover you have 2 pieces missing. Will take more pics as I try to sell off the sofa or something.

Throughout the process, my wife let me choose almost everything till the sofa. She said at least one thing let her choose. This was our mistake. Both our taste are very different, so straightway the sofa stuck out like a sore thumb. If both parties have different taste, then the choices should be 100% of one person, should not have any mix at all. Not even one piece of coffee table or something, as one small piece can destroy one whole look.

Edited by Dylanchua

The sofa is made of microfibre engineered leather, very durable as the salesman actually used a key to scratch and show us. The 2 seats can slide out, and all 3 headrests are foldable. The specs and comfort are very good, which my wife like. Problem is, the look doesn't gel with our small living room!

I wanted those fabric, squarish type with wooden legs from Ikea, but she insisted sofa must be comfortable, no need look good as we won't have much guests in the house. Its true, but if something doesn't gel, i cannot come home everyday and see it everyday.

gallery_59893_417_180733.jpg

If my memory serve me right, with the cabinets on the fridge side, an island in the middle, and high stools, the space is pretty tight.

Of course subject to the the width of the island. If width is wide, the stools will be against the wall.

Then the length of the island determine how much walking space you have.

Personally, I feel the space are a little tight. Also with fridge, stove and sink on one side, you are left with no much kitchen top to prepare food.

If you cook frequently, I can assume the rice cooker is gonna sit on the top. I dont see any microwave as well.

Add the microwave on, you have practically no kitchen top space left.

If shift things over to island, defeats the purpose of an island (clean & sleek).

Also need 13A point for power supply which cost a fair bit to run electrical as well.

And honestly, a standalone rice cooker dont fare well aesthetically, let alone a microwave.

Hi OceanEleven, the 3D does make things seem tight. But in actual, there is enough space for two person to walk by between the cabinets and island.

I also have a double 13A point at the back wall corner (imagine if you are sitting on bar stool facing cabinets, it will be at 5 O'clock), there I intend to buy a Ikea kitchen stand/mini-island to place a rice cooker. I don't have any applications where I will use a microwave.

Updated pics. So far I think the only place I like best is the kitchen whereby I had 3D drawing from Ronald to make accurate decisions. For the living room, the TV console was outsourced separately and sofa chosen by myself. If I had used the 3D drawing as a guide, I wouldn't be trying to sell off the sofa now :(

gallery_59893_417_9947.jpg

gallery_59893_417_43463.jpg

gallery_59893_417_44013.jpg

Edited by Dylanchua

I will think the sofa colour is matching with the console..fabric after some time will stink and have stains coz our legs sweat and the fabric absorbs it unless u wear long pants everyday and on the aircon 24hrs. In addition, a light coloured sofa will make the living room brighter in the day unless U wanna turn on your ceiling lights throughout the day.

I support your wife's sofa choice, as watching TV with a comfy sofa is so shioK afterall a house is about comfort. Although gel well is impt but i will quote u, nice shoes are not comfy and comfy shoes are not nice. high heels vs sport shoes

On the kitchen area, cannot expect island to be clean and sleek all the time, otherwise the use of island only limit to food only. Island can be use to prepare food mah..For microwave oven, if u do not need to use it often then can forget it. I will suggest KIV on selling the sofa, who knows it might slowly grow on you.

Edited by Stralph

I will think the sofa colour is matching with the console..fabric after some time will stink and have stains coz our legs sweat and the fabric absorbs it unless u wear long pants everyday and on the aircon 24hrs. In addition, a light coloured sofa will make the living room brighter in the day unless U wanna turn on your ceiling lights throughout the day.

I support your wife's sofa choice, as watching TV with a comfy sofa is so shioK afterall a house is about comfort. Although gel well is impt but i will quote u, nice shoes are not comfy and comfy shoes are not nice. high heels vs sport shoes

On the kitchen area, cannot expect island to be clean and sleek all the time, otherwise the use of island only limit to food only. Island can be use to prepare food mah..For microwave oven, if u do not need to use it often then can forget it. I will suggest KIV on selling the sofa, who knows it might slowly grow on you.

Haha Stralph, my colleagues also say the same thing. Everyone tell me the sofa ok what.. But I cannot sleep because of it ... Edited by Dylanchua

Slowly adjust lor..what about your kitchen layout for the microwave ? The area U took pic should have some space to hold the microwave or ricecooker .