Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
crazytiger

Water Sipped Through Tempered Glass Shower Screen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My screen doesn't leak. However, I can draw a few possibilities based on the not very clear photo:

1. The leak is through the fixed panel. I had this issue because the silicon wasn't applied properly but it was resolved after re-application.
  2. The leak is through the gap between the door and the fixed panel. If this is so, it could be due to the overlap between the door and fixed panel is too short. It could also be the silicon flap fixed at the end of the door is not functioning well. All these are based on the assumption that you did not spray water in the direction of the gap between the door and panel.

• Like 1

Swing-in door?

Swing-out door?

Sliding door?

Glass sitting onto kerb?

A 'good' design should be 'swing-in' door, glass 'inside' kerb, not 'on top of kerb'.

Showering, door gets wet, if swings out, floor get wet.

If glass on top of kerb, whether slide/swing in/out, sooner or later, 'water leakage' appears.

Good luck to you.

Edited by bepgof

To my understanding most shower screen contractor will mount the fixed panel on kerb while the moving/sliding panel behind kerb

As for your leaking i would say workmanship problem

Go thru forum u'll notice all bros/sis here who install shower screen track R mounted on the kerb rather then behind the kerb.

If track mount behind kerb there will be a gap any dirt or unsightly mould grow or stuck u will have a hard time cleaning removing it. :yamseng: