Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I'm receiving the keys to my 4-rm premium BTO flat soon. I have no clue as to what should or shouldn't be included in my reno quotation. I'm sure many of us are 1st timers owning a house. So i'm looking forward to helps from those who has experiences before.

Anyone kind enuff to share... What are the compulsory breakdowns shud be included in renovation quotation?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think it's more of a needs basis.

Most BTOs are in move-in condition, so if you just need something simple and basic, get some furniture from IKEA and you're ready to go.

However, you may want to:

- get a carpenter if you need some customized shelving, cabinets, bed frames, tv console, feature wall, racks, etc

- get an electrician if you need to install lights, add more lighting points, add more power points, etc

- get a painter if you want a new coat of paint for your house

- get a suitable contractor if you need anything else such as tiling, bathroom screen, false ceiling, etc

If you prefer some design element in your renovation, you can always get an interior designer to help you out. They'll help you with the design and planning, and then manage the coordination between different contractors to complete your renovation without too much worries from you.

Good pointers kelvintan 😊👍

I was actually more concern of those compulsory works such as plumbing, wiring and things like that. I was always curious of those reno packages which include plumbing works, electrical works etc. How would I noe if they haf included all the necessary things? I mean i dont wanna sign a contract then as the work progress, they say this not included, that not included and i haf to fork out more than wat we've agreed on. How do i prevent that from happening..?

Hi yattz,

I understand that you will need a good contractor to refurbish your new home. I was worried that some contractor will ask me to pay more that what was stated in the contract when I had my three room resale flat renovated. However, my contractor company do not require you to fork out extra money if you need to mount something on the wall,especially the washroom. If you have the spare money , i would suggest you to find someone to custom made the wardrobe or cabinet so that it can be more lasting.

You can call my previous contractor who renovated my resales flat into a comfortable home, at 83334130 (gavin) or email the list of stuff that you need them to renovate for you at sales@techone.com.sg and remember to say that it is refereed by Devin(my name) to have special discount on your quotation.