Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

I really dunno if all contractors are so forgetful or they just ignore stuff sent over whatsapp or maybe I bombarded him with too many pics? Another super sian hiccup.

I have delayed the delivery to next week and ask him to do that exact measurement after the construction of the hollow block wall.

It is a common traits among IDs and contractors.

To a certain extend, other then sms/What App, we also need to be their PA/secretary and constantly ask and remind them now and then.

Trust me, it will go a long way in the reno, reducing the chances of rework or wrong work.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

woOhOo~ Congratz on getting your keys..... the original condition of the flat look good! but of course everyone have own design and ideas for their own home.... Wish you a smooth sailing reno ahead.

u manage to exchange your basin?

• Like 1

Yes DarkWingZ... Managed to get a 65cm sink.. Boohoo! :~

92C5E86D-EA04-4357-8537-23E111385766_zps

And at the same time I got myself the handspray tap.. Quite cute.. :)
A278CF21-15AF-405A-B422-3CC11A53A18A_zps

Edited by bianzi

i need to buy a sanus bracket for my tv... the free bracket from sony is not a universal bracket... can't be used on other tvs..harvey norman quoting me $130...and also i need to look for a wall hang bracket for my old sony 32 inch for my bedroom mount .. anyone here has any lobang?

Day 6 - hollow block up halfway.. Met with electrician to discuss lighting points... Have a feeling that it is going to cost me a bomb! Concealed cat 6 cables for 3 pts... He said cost add $200+ :blink: a point...

Electrical is always costly. If you are planning to stay there for decades, make sure 13A points are sufficient.

Anyway $200+ a point is VERY costly, better confirm what is he providing? Cat 7 cable? Concealed etc?

Anyway, my electrical cost me $6k plus. :(

Really? 6k??? Ya he is going to run concealed cables.. Problem is some part of my living room is not covered with false ceiling ... So will cost more to hide these cables... Quotation not out as yet... But I am certainly not budgeting for a 6k... What did u do for yours?

Electrical is always costly. If you are planning to stay there for decades, make sure 13A points are sufficient.

Anyway $200+ a point is VERY costly, better confirm what is he providing? Cat 7 cable? Concealed etc?

Haha you're complaining that your contractors are moving too fast! Thats got to be a first.

I always hear people trying to rush their contractors and I personally had to ask my ID why the workers seem to stop work so early. :P

17 days into my reno and I've only just put up the hollow brick wall.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: This is scary information. I had only budget $4k for mine!!!

i need to buy a sanus bracket for my tv... the free bracket from sony is not a universal bracket... can't be used on other tvs..harvey norman quoting me $130...and also i need to look for a wall hang bracket for my old sony 32 inch for my bedroom mount .. anyone here has any lobang?

tv bracket isnt universal? there's different bracket for different brands? where to buy universal tv bracket? i need to have it installed by tmr!

tv bracket isnt universal? there's different bracket for different brands? where to buy universal tv bracket? i need to have it installed by tmr!

There are different brands and type of TV brackets. (Eg. some can tilt sideway and some can tilt up down)

If you need it urgently you can go courts, mega discount store and etc to buy

Apparently sony 2014 models not using the universal brackets... So in the event next time u wanna change tv .. U might need to change the bracket.. So I decided to go for the generic one... To prevent holes in my wall next time...

There are different brands and type of TV brackets. (Eg. some can tilt sideway and some can tilt up down)

If you need it urgently you can go courts, mega discount store and etc to buy

Too fast to action before I officially "dong tu" now I am troubled over the tv console... Dunno which design to make

Haha you're complaining that your contractors are moving too fast! Thats got to be a first.

I always hear people trying to rush their contractors and I personally had to ask my ID why the workers seem to stop work so early. :P

17 days into my reno and I've only just put up the hollow brick wall.

My first house purchase. A kitchen mixer from insani. Received the goods in good order. Satisfied as of now. Hope it works after installation.

I got the rest of the shower accessories from Heritage and sanitary wares from wasser bath.

483E921A-6C26-4394-8E09-E6D3348D2271_zps

My 60 inch big *** fan... i opt for white as the living room is not really that big...and having a black thing towering above me gives me a feeling of having a giant moth above me... :ph34r:

EAE61F9A-69FB-4598-9660-9F3E25D3D479_zps

My fav SONY brand tv.. I am a sucker for Sony products...

KDL-W800B_1-34ded_zps67973795.jpg

the only samsung product in my house as i could not afford a fisher .. lol

sg_RL4013UBASL-SS_523_Dynamic_silver_zps

Sonos play bar and subwoofer :notti:

PlayBar-and-Sub_fullwidth_zps09182cac.jp

:dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble: haiku fan!!! i wanted to get one that time too but i spend too much my sound system in the end no budget... ur sound bar seem solid~ from the items u purchase, u are one gadget pro~

• Like 1

Really? 6k??? Ya he is going to run concealed cables.. Problem is some part of my living room is not covered with false ceiling ... So will cost more to hide these cables... Quotation not out as yet... But I am certainly not budgeting for a 6k... What did u do for yours?

Yes, matter of fact $6k plus. Practically complete rewiring.

28 x 13A double point, 2 aircon switch, oven point, 3 way & 2 way switches, 6 data point, TV point all rooms and maybe phone as well.

1 x kill switch too, or maybe 2, new DB boxes etc. Anyway, now still "bleeding" badly..... :jawdrop:

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: This is scary information. I had only budget $4k for mine!!!

Better keep your finger cross. You'll never know how much you are gonna add on.

It is better to do more 13A, will comes in handy. :thumbs up:

• Like 1

Call me a gadget queen! 😁 looking to add sonos play 1 in my room... But that comes as last priority.., haha

:dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble: haiku fan!!! i wanted to get one that time too but i spend too much my sound system in the end no budget... ur sound bar seem solid~ from the items u purchase, u are one gadget pro~