Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

Hope you have arrived at your console design! Same considerations as you but once we saw our carpentry quote we decided that we will go budget and only do/buy a really nice one when we strike lottery! Hahaha.

Really like Air's Telegramme and Grafunkt's line but also cost so much :(

Then we saw this on Taobao!

T1Hx54FF0aXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_640x

approx $600 inclusive of shipping. Received it but yet to set it up. Looks pretty ok from outside. Haha. Hopefully it doesn't fail us after we set up. Lol

omg... this is nice. when will you receive this console? can i have the link to it?

sorry bianzi, i hijack ur blog... :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

omg... this is nice. when will you receive this console? can i have the link to it?

sorry bianzi, i hijack ur blog... :P

so sorry bianzi :P

hello mommychua, gonna answer this question here to prevent further hijacking. :)

Edited by nickguthe

Just that I am satisfied with the insulation thickness... Today I saw the ones used for the common room.. Cat F.. This is 3/8 according to the armaflex website...

01FCB150-FC98-404D-9DD7-B01324F5877F_zps

Anyone has experience buying led down lights locally? I walked the whole of balestier today... Neck breaking exercise !! Some led lights are thicker with the back casing and some are slimmer... Which is the better type??

Anyone has experience buying led down lights locally? I walked the whole of balestier today... Neck breaking exercise !! Some led lights are thicker with the back casing and some are slimmer... Which is the better type??

Not too sure about if the thickness plays a part. I got mine local and comes with 3 years warranty.

Hi ocean, where did you buy yours from?

And how much does it cost

Not too sure about if the thickness plays a part. I got mine local and comes with 3 years warranty.

Hi bianzi u started your own blog! It's so action packed! Hahahaha..

Congrats on having your own space and all the best for your Reno!! So happy for you!

BTW my opinion is that the thickness of the downlight is usually because of the heat sink fins.. Helps to dissipate the heat generated to prevent electrical component degradation.. But having said that, I know of many people who use those "thinner" (as in slimmer) types of downlights and have no problems! But take note.. The thicker your downlight is, the lower your false ceiling will have to be... Gotta juggle them both.. Don't be too stressed and have fun!! :D

Thanks mate.. Really stressed up as going away for 3 weeks and really dunno what is going to happen to my house ! 😒 I think my eyes are going blind checking out the lights! Haha need a 😎

Hi bianzi u started your own blog! It's so action packed! Hahahaha..

Congrats on having your own space and all the best for your Reno!! So happy for you!

BTW my opinion is that the thickness of the downlight is usually because of the heat sink fins.. Helps to dissipate the heat generated to prevent electrical component degradation.. But having said that, I know of many people who use those "thinner" (as in slimmer) types of downlights and have no problems! But take note.. The thicker your downlight is, the lower your false ceiling will have to be... Gotta juggle them both.. Don't be too stressed and have fun!! :D

Lights shopping

After the back and froth balestier, jalan besar, geylang action... i have finally concluded my lights purchase except for the bedrooms... :deal:

It was really a neck breaking, eye hurting and leg aching exercise! :blink:

Station 1 - Phylux

Got my down lights from Phylux at Paya Lebar.. I think this shop looks pretty decent... just that there are not much selection if u need a variety. they are the philips distributor and the haiku fans as well.. yes.. i bought my haiku there as well 2 months back. :good:

The manager recommended the azlite down light ... since I am not a fan of the philips design..

In addition i was coaxed into buying the toshiba spot light for my entrance and tv feature wall... arghhh that was 2 times the price of the normal spot lights... but then again...when he showed me the difference in the ''yellowish'' tint between the toshiba ones and the normal china ones... ...i immediately said ok.. must be blinded at that point in time.. haha... In addition i got myself the T5 LED tubes for the cove lighting... (for those who have cove lights, may i know how many points did the electrician charge u for the cove lights? For mine, my electrician charges me 5 points if i need 5 tubes of t5 for the passage way.... is that correct? Cos if i use LED strip, there should be only one point needed... when i called him.. he told me... oh if u wanna LED strips.. then we need to charge u an extra $60 for installation... :curse:

Station 2: The lights Station

Bought my bathroom , service yard and wardrobe lights from them.

Despite that the shop looks a little uninviting with the red carpet... i quite like the sales person in there...so i decided to give them some of my business...

Station 3: The blackhole at park mall

Initially i wanted to buy the NUD concrete bulb from Grafrunkt... however they are out of stock... :~ so the guy recommended me to check out the Blackhole at park mall

2ec290d035a51752f13064f8513db033_zpse2f3

So i went and bought this instead...took 3 with the red cords... 2 cone shaped and one cylinder shaped with LED bulbs

D5A872CE-8DE4-441B-9797-A436DAF5734D_zps

But there is one defect and I only saw this when i got home.. wondering if i shd go down and change for a new piece... arghhh :dunno:

95C70A4E-1CB5-48D6-95AE-559C1B7FC7B9_zps

For the bed room lights, i am still deciding between

1) Dalen Dimmable LED with remote (simple squarish looking with samsung LED panel) $380

2) AZ lite dimmable LED with remote (rounded with a small circle in the middle... not quite nice asethically.. )$299

3) philips Dimmable LED with remote...($480 before discount) round but flat ... not bad looking

waiting for my fren to come back with the philips pricing before i decide..... stress... need to settle all these by this week before i fly off for a 3 weeks business trip next sunday!

Edited by bianzi

In addition i got myself the T5 LED tubes for the cove lighting... (for those who have cove lights, may i know how many points did the electrician charge u for the cove lights? For mine, my electrician charges me 5 points if i need 5 tubes of t5 for the passage way.... is that correct? Cos if i use LED strip, there should be only one point needed... when i called him.. he told me... oh if u wanna LED strips.. then we need to charge u an extra $60 for installation... :curse:

I think your electrician is ripping you off. Cove lights T5 normally is done by looping.

ie. one connect to next and connect to next. Counted as one light point.

Which also means one wiring to all T5, on/off same switch.

If he charges you 5 T5 as 5 lighting points means either he is pulling 5 wires to 5 T5, which is redundant or he simply dont know his work.

If neither of the above, simply means he is ripping you off.

Likewise with LED which I am not too familiar with. LED strip goes by length and needs one driver. So means counted as one point.

On a side note, T5 for cove lighting is nicer, though not as bright as LED but lights bounces the ceiling in a more luminous manner.

For the bed room lights, i am still deciding between

1) Dalen Dimmable LED with remote (simple squarish looking with samsung LED panel) $380

2) AZ lite dimmable LED with remote (rounded with a small circle in the middle... not quite nice asethically.. )$299

3) philips Dimmable LED with remote...($480 before discount) round but flat ... not bad looking

waiting for my fren to come back with the philips pricing before i decide..... stress... need to settle all these by this week before i fly off for a 3 weeks business trip next sunday!

Wow! Your lighting are expensive! :jawdrop:

I spent 3K on all lighting, excluding down light, T5 and some light bulbs.

3K is in RMB. :notti:

I can't wait la. Don't want to risk buying from taobao. Haha

I think for master bed room I invest in one dimmable and the 2 other rooms maybe just get the more economical ones...

Sian troubled with the electric points calculation.. Dunno if the electrician feels that I am too calculative by questioning so much...

And maybe the Aircon man is getting fed up with me. He haven called up to explain..,

Sigh sometimes if u squeeze them too much I think they might not do a good job... At their mercy also

Fuming ! Called the Aircon uncle and his tone was like .in a fierce mode telling me.. U need to understand ... There are certain ways of doing and the insulation is too thick to go through the area.. So they cannot put in the 1/2 inch for this part! I wasn't very convinced! Arrghhh and he said are we so stupid to leave the insulation there if we need to cheat u?? 😡

And when I question on why the trunking is different from the previous way of doing .. He again with his displeased voice said... This is our way of doing.. We got our own methods...

Just that I am satisfied with the insulation thickness... Today I saw the ones used for the common room.. Cat F.. This is 3/8 according to the armaflex website...

01FCB150-FC98-404D-9DD7-B01324F5877F_zps

Fuming ! Called the Aircon uncle and his tone was like .in a fierce mode telling me.. U need to understand ... There are certain ways of doing and the insulation is too thick to go through the area.. So they cannot put in the 1/2 inch for this part! I wasn't very convinced! Arrghhh and he said are we so stupid to leave the insulation there if we need to cheat u??

And when I question on why the trunking is different from the previous way of doing .. He again with his displeased voice said... This is our way of doing.. We got our own methods...

i wasnt even there to supervisor the changing of the aircon pipe! dont know if i kana cheated on the pipe size, i just take my contractor word that they will be using the thickest insulation pipe for the whole place.

since you had engaged them, it kind of no choice liao.