Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

Fuming ! Called the Aircon uncle and his tone was like .in a fierce mode telling me.. U need to understand ... There are certain ways of doing and the insulation is too thick to go through the area.. So they cannot put in the 1/2 inch for this part! I wasn't very convinced! Arrghhh and he said are we so stupid to leave the insulation there if we need to cheat u??

And when I question on why the trunking is different from the previous way of doing .. He again with his displeased voice said... This is our way of doing.. We got our own methods...

Which company this is?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I don't thjnk I want to mention names. Not the big ones.

This is recommended by my contactor... He worked with him like for a long time Liao. Those kind of experienced uncle who hates it when people doubt their work.

Which company this is?

You got id to help u supervise ? Mine all I need to do myself ... I wasn't there to even supervise... I just went there after the work is done....

i wasnt even there to supervisor the changing of the aircon pipe! dont know if i kana cheated on the pipe size, i just take my contractor word that they will be using the thickest insulation pipe for the whole place.

since you had engaged them, it kind of no choice liao.

Got a super good deal for my bedroom dimmable light and bought also the common bed room led lights from them... That one really ugly but no choice. Haha.

Toilet vanity led bought as well. Completed my lights purchase finally!!

Wow! Your lighting are expensive! :jawdrop:

I spent 3K on all lighting, excluding down light, T5 and some light bulbs.

3K is in RMB. :notti:

Hey Bianzi,

So which TV mount did you get in the end? I'm planning to the get 50W800B as well, so will need to install a TV mount.

Which Sanus model did you get that was universal and can fit the Sony W800B?

Appreicate if you can share!

Hey Bianzi,

So which TV mount did you get in the end? I'm planning to the get 50W800B as well, so will need to install a TV mount.

Which Sanus model did you get that was universal and can fit the Sony W800B?

Appreicate if you can share!

I think u can buy the sanus tiltable one. you can contact this sony guy who can sort it out for you at a price. tel: 8138 3323... ah yi... think he charges like $150 for the bracket plus installation.

you can confirm with him .. i think is

SANUS VMPL50A

Locks

Miss Gadget is thinking if she wants to change the locks for her house to electronic ones... :notti:

Need to find one with the handle (as i can't stand the currently brass looking handle on the door) and the YALE series look quite nice... (another expense...) decisions...

Do you guys think there is a need to have the thumb print recognition function? ...

Locks

Miss Gadget is thinking if she wants to change the locks for her house to electronic ones... :notti:

Need to find one with the handle (as i can't stand the currently brass looking handle on the door) and the YALE series look quite nice... (another expense...) decisions...

Do you guys think there is a need to have the thumb print recognition function? ...

It depend how fuss free you want to get into the house & how many keys you wish to carry i guess.

If you ask me, I will go for fingerprint if I am gg to change to digital lock.

depend how u wan to open ur door~ I got one without finger print and I find a bit "troublesome" using the password (also because I set a long range of number =x) haha~ alternative use card to scan~ but using card is like carrying a key which defeat the purpose getting a digital lock =x

depend how u wan to open ur door~ I got one without finger print and I find a bit "troublesome" using the password (also because I set a long range of number =x) haha~ alternative use card to scan~ but using card is like carrying a key which defeat the purpose getting a digital lock =x

nowadays i think can program to use RFID cards like Ezlink/Kopitiam/etc. right?

or keychain-like tags?

im also thinking of getting digital lock...but dun know to go for fingerprint or not. not sure if its sensitive, slow or good..

I got the Samsung Push Pull lock. Seller mention the old type of kopitiam card can use to open the lock, nv mention about easylink cards. However, they have another method, a sticker like (about the size of 50 cent) which you can paste at the back of your phone which can be use to open the lock too.

To me I wanted to eliminate all kind of using thing to open (cause it feel like the same as taking out a key and open) also to stimulate that if forget to bag or wallet.

I can't comment much on fingerprint since im not using it~ but I just concern it might need "maintenance". Clean the sensor etc. so dun wan to create more thing to do =x

Wah the push pull lock is pretty ex...

I was thinking of just using pin access instead of card... I rather carry keys than card..

Anyway I am also thinking of getting the peephole viewer... Either brinno or yale...

Today the quote for the custom made tv console is here.. $2200... 😔 not sure if I shd go ahead...

And also the extra Aircon box ups that were not included in the quotation cost $1280 ... 😞

I got the Samsung Push Pull lock. Seller mention the old type of kopitiam card can use to open the lock, nv mention about easylink cards. However, they have another method, a sticker like (about the size of 50 cent) which you can paste at the back of your phone which can be use to open the lock too.

To me I wanted to eliminate all kind of using thing to open (cause it feel like the same as taking out a key and open) also to stimulate that if forget to bag or wallet.

I can't comment much on fingerprint since im not using it~ but I just concern it might need "maintenance". Clean the sensor etc. so dun wan to create more thing to do =x

Items to be done

1) 10 additional double sockets (ok don't ask me why i also dunno.. :dunno: just thought the more the better... haha)

2) 2 cat 6 points

3) rewiring of concealed open net point ($250..!!)

4) reinstalling scv point at tv console area

5) additional 18 lighting points

6) fan point

7) cooker point

8) ceiling fan installation

9) installation of lights

10) recalling electric points ($150)

11) switches

Hi Bianzi,

Can u pm me the breakdown cost of each electrical item?

Coz my ID also quote me ver exp for rewiring.... :x

Fuming ! Called the Aircon uncle and his tone was like .in a fierce mode telling me.. U need to understand ... There are certain ways of doing and the insulation is too thick to go through the area.. So they cannot put in the 1/2 inch for this part! I wasn't very convinced! Arrghhh and he said are we so stupid to leave the insulation there if we need to cheat u??

And when I question on why the trunking is different from the previous way of doing .. He again with his displeased voice said... This is our way of doing.. We got our own methods...

I also got similar problem and similar answer as you. Except that in my case, the contractor was not angry but also explained no space, if use thicker will damage etc, if I really want, they will rip out the old trunking, put in the new trunking, but if damage cannot blame them etc etc. Alamak, basically put me in a spot, so much so that I decided to just leave it. I think it is not that we really want the thicker ones, but we feel kind of "cheated". If contractor wants to use some other size, should at least tell us before doing so.

• Like 1