Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

Ya law. At least tell us in advance ma... If I know I go question u for wat? Seriously law .. Those experienced uncle super take pride in their work.. Of course I felt cheated cos I paid extra for the 1/2 inch lei. System 4 Mitsubishi electric for $4380 is not the super cheaper type

I also got similar problem and similar answer as you. Except that in my case, the contractor was not angry but also explained no space, if use thicker will damage etc, if I really want, they will rip out the old trunking, put in the new trunking, but if damage cannot blame them etc etc. Alamak, basically put me in a spot, so much so that I decided to just leave it. I think it is not that we really want the thicker ones, but we feel kind of "cheated". If contractor wants to use some other size, should at least tell us before doing so.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Locks

Miss Gadget is thinking if she wants to change the locks for her house to electronic ones... :notti:

Need to find one with the handle (as i can't stand the currently brass looking handle on the door) and the YALE series look quite nice... (another expense...) decisions...

Do you guys think there is a need to have the thumb print recognition function? ...

My sis's place main door has electronic with fingerprint function....

If you usually have problems with fingerprints recognition devices then you will have problems with this fingerprint technology.

Niece's hands not sure is too wet or too dry or too whatever....her fingerprints can never clear the Singapore custom's biometric gates coz her thumbprint cannot be matched.

And her fingerprints can't clear her home's electronic door lock as well. Always gets an error message. She's using password to unlock the door.

It doesn't have to be the thumb by the way. I see my sis registered her forefinger print. :D

• Like 1

I agree with kstoh. At the end of the day, we just want to get what we paid for and know whats going on. It's difficult cos we have limited knowledge of what needs to be done but we're investing a lot of money.

Anyway, I did some scouting of my new aircon pipes.

The copper was insulated with H class all the way.

However the drainage pipe was insulate with a thin D class only. I questioned and got a rather patient and detailed reply which I shall cut and paste here for everyone's learning.

"Good evening!

Armaflex H-010 grade half inch insulation only use on all copper refrigeration pipe, no aircon man will use on drainage pipe, drainage pipe will use lower spec insulation.

Its because
1. No required as drainage pipe is use for drain out cool water which is not as cool as refrigeration pipe
2. If use the same spec for both drainage and copper refrigeration pipe the minimum trucking size will be at least five by five inches
3. Industries practice for thinner spec for drainage pipe, Mitsubishi professor also meant it before when I taking good installation practice class at Mitsubishi building in last year July.
4. No issue happened before as we find it also no any needs to use a different spec as normal practice to make piping in longer term usage"

My other interior design sources seem to be happy with this explanation. so i'll let it go.

• Like 1

Sigh as u can see for mine? It was used on the copper pipes... So I am not sure how they connect the h class to this F class

I agree with kstoh. At the end of the day, we just want to get what we paid for and know whats going on. It's difficult cos we have limited knowledge of what needs to be done but we're investing a lot of money.

Anyway, I did some scouting of my new aircon pipes.

The copper was insulated with H class all the way.

However the drainage pipe was insulate with a thin D class only. I questioned and got a rather patient and detailed reply which I shall cut and paste here for everyone's learning.

"Good evening!

Armaflex H-010 grade half inch insulation only use on all copper refrigeration pipe, no aircon man will use on drainage pipe, drainage pipe will use lower spec insulation.

Its because

1. No required as drainage pipe is use for drain out cool water which is not as cool as refrigeration pipe

2. If use the same spec for both drainage and copper refrigeration pipe the minimum trucking size will be at least five by five inches

3. Industries practice for thinner spec for drainage pipe, Mitsubishi professor also meant it before when I taking good installation practice class at Mitsubishi building in last year July.

4. No issue happened before as we find it also no any needs to use a different spec as normal practice to make piping in longer term usage"

My other interior design sources seem to be happy with this explanation. so i'll let it go.

Updates updates... finally some traction (4th week!)

Let the pics do the talking :good:

My beloved kitchen tiles :wub:

095B909A-C868-42D0-97E5-CF0D2EAE1F27_zps

7C4D188D-1721-4EF9-80D2-0CB8489B1F13_zps

I know it is not as nice to put on the skirting.. but for practical reasons.. i decided to go ahead

03BC1355-FF10-42CB-874F-E96B80E91F73_zps

E700A941-745D-4E0E-A71F-B5BE9DF2C9E0_zps

My contractor is very proud of this..

5B63BC86-5B37-49CC-B50D-A8429976E06D_zps

I think my switches are a little too low... i asked for 11 inch but i think the electrician went lower than that.. this means that my tv console ... i can't get one with high legs...

C790A8CE-8F4E-44A7-9EB7-02D66FC07225_zps

Lights update...

All delivered...

AZ elite recommended by this phylux lighting...looks pretty small..

A93D193F-B95C-40D0-8304-B2639555392D_zps

my doubled priced toshiba spot lights

2483FC38-9CF0-49CE-B30D-E8BC42173545_zps

ugly kitchen philip lights (made in india) which is not flat....

C2851FC8-9B1F-4029-80D5-72B6DEF254EF_zps

toilet and service yard lights

787880BB-5FAE-46F4-B227-0258584E3CED_zps

Philip bedroom lights.. the 75w led master bedroom dimmable light

6C932B7D-CAE7-450A-8752-1A0A37229448_zps

Edited by bianzi

Sigh as u can see for mine? It was used on the copper pipes... So I am not sure how they connect the h class to this F class

Sorry to hear it. But to answer your question: they use duct tape to connect the insulations mostly. Industry practice.

• Like 1

This is the 污点 in my house !

Sorry to hear it. But to answer your question: they use duct tape to connect the insulations mostly. Industry practice.

I also got similar problem and similar answer as you. Except that in my case, the contractor was not angry but also explained no space, if use thicker will damage etc, if I really want, they will rip out the old trunking, put in the new trunking, but if damage cannot blame them etc etc. Alamak, basically put me in a spot, so much so that I decided to just leave it. I think it is not that we really want the thicker ones, but we feel kind of "cheated". If contractor wants to use some other size, should at least tell us before doing so.

I guess i am luckier in this sense. My aircon guy told me that they will use the thick insulation and hence, the trunking will be huge. The previous owner used a smaller insulation and thus, a smaller trunking.

I dunno why they did not suse the huge insulation for me? I will be boxing up anyway.! **** sian .. Now all boxed up. Cannot ask him to change

I guess i am luckier in this sense. My aircon guy told me that they will use the thick insulation and hence, the trunking will be huge. The previous owner used a smaller insulation and thus, a smaller trunking.

Last update before I go overseas for the next 3 weeks! Finalized the laminate colours for kitchen, wardrobe and shoe cabinet today with ID... yes I engaged an id for my carpentry.. Haha very different from the others...

Bricks wall is done! Although over used by many homes,, it is still nice to look at ..:)

AD76BF80-953F-4CDC-91EB-F9BC0B850961_zps

Kitchen subway grouting done :)

A61B62B1-281F-45FF-8680-82ED4791400A_zps

Edited by bianzi

• Like 1

I think it is about $1.8-1.9k to do a wall. But then again depends of the size of the wall...

very nice bricks... how much approximate for this kinda area w installation? thanks