Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

Hello, I had my carpentry done by an ID ... He is a nice guy.. Willing to do the rectification for me... Just that I hate hiccups...

For C he did most of my building works and toilet carpentry ... He is good with using quality materials .. Of course that comes with a price as well... So far responsible with rectification as well.. And after sales service like getting his guys come up and drill holes for me after I moved in...

The lesson from reno... Hiccups happen all the time ... But make sure u get some one reliable to be held responsible for getting it correct instead of pushing responsibility .. Can be a nightmare ...

Congrats on your new place, looks awesome! Must say you really are good at designing. Just curious, for the various hiccups you shared, were they all fully rectified? Things like the holes in the shelvings. Have this impression this C isn't v reliable right?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello, you are looking for the person who did my carpentry or the person who did my other building works. I engaged 2 different people.

Anyway I don't think I will be sharing the quote as it mine is not as clear cut as we made changes along the way...

Hi Bianzi,

Can you share with me your ID contact & quotation.

nicole.leu@gmail.com

Thanks much!

Reno part 2 completed :)

My simple self designed book case is up! Happy with the raw plywood trimmings with no laminate. The carpenter told me that he had to saw the wood 8 times!

324CC0EC-92E3-47B7-B804-44946C4F5B36_zps

• Like 1

Hi Bianzi,

Love the look of your place. Has a lot of nice little touches.

Can pm me the contact of your ID/contractor? Thank you!

Time passes in a flash... It is already end of Jan now.. I have moved in for 4 months already! Just collected my coffee table from lush after a 3 month wait... U got to be patient when u order stuff from them... Haha...

EEB6CD50-4130-4E9D-8FD0-D7E9D923BECB_zps

Edited by bianzi

Every weekend is a tiring one.. I can't wait for everything to finish so that I can enjoy my house...

Sat - Went Ikea to buy some misc items...

Sun -

1) final round of choosing (curtains) blinds for study room and living room, day and night curtains for the other 2 bedrooms... Installation this coming sat. Fast and furious...

2) bathroom accessories.. Travelled all the way to Changi bathroom warehouse and disappointed with the selection... Too tired and decided to make do with sim siang jun. They have quite a huge show room at the Changi side... As I am quite anal with the designs of the bathroom accessories, it took me a good 3 hrs again there...

Next sat furniture delivery and curtains coming... Will be another busy weekend... Urghhh before that, I need to clean the house...!!

I agree about the Changi bathroom warehouse... I went all the way there for what I thought I had wanted, then realised it wasn't so nice in real life and panicked because they didn't have any other good options.

Then went to Sim Siang Choon and also like you, 'settled' for something there. It's really huge indeed! And a lot of choices for if you want discounted display items, defective items etc... I bought a huge mirror for only $50! $40 off man.. :)

BTW I think I have similar taste to you, I like all your designs and most of your furnishings... Well, except I wouldn't have so many cutesy stuff around haha..

May I know how did u cover the holes from the riveting after u uninstall your window grilles? And could u send me your ID/contractor contacts?