Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oic!ur electrician is good! Can pm me his contacts as well as your contractor contacts? Thanks!!!

Hi Cj8888, to be fair, I'm not quite sure if my contractor would like me to share the contact details of his electrician cause I believe he works for him. I need to check with him on this at a later stage. Secondly, I would prefer a lot more to share Contractor J's contact when I finish or am halfway through doing my place to give everyone a more thorough review of the final workmanship and service he provides. I think it's only fairer that way to introduce genuinely good contractors to people on renotalk than some who just keeps telling you their contractor / ID is so good so good but the reason why they tell u it's good is because they want u to sign with their contractor to get a referral fee or discount for their EC. I've met so many people who do that but their contractor/ID is really just not that good as they claim. I believe in only authentic referrals thus for those who PMed me for Contractor J's contact, I think you guys need to wait at least a month on before I decide to share or not share his contact (:

• Like 2

Last night as I was alising with a seller for one of the bigger orders through aliwangwang, the seller told me that my Singapore agent ordered one item less for me. Thankfully he alerted me immediately and I dropped my TB agent an email to get it rectified.

After that, I realised to minimize any problems with my Taobao shipment since its really so huge, I contacted every single seller I was buying from via Aliwangwang and told them to double check my agent's purchase with my actual orders by telling them what I ordered exactly. I also shared that I require them to crate up or store them well to be shipped overseas to reduce any defects when it reaches Singapore. I think if you are ordering from TB and is a low risk taker like me, you should contact TB sellers directly. It saves the hassle of returns and exchanges when it reaches :dribble:

So why go thru an agent when you are able to communicate direct to seller via Aliwangwang?

If you are worry about paying, nowadays TB accept Nets. If your agent does checking, then I understand the rational.

However, I doubt agent will check all especially when items comes crated.

So why go thru an agent when you are able to communicate direct to seller via Aliwangwang?

If you are worry about paying, nowadays TB accept Nets. If your agent does checking, then I understand the rational.

However, I doubt agent will check all especially when items comes crated.

Hi Oceaneleven,

Actually the reason why I go through an agent is because I have no idea how to order and send it direct to Singapore. I understand that there's a forwarder called 4PX or something but I dont know how to order and input the forwarder's address. The other thing is I'm not sure how I know whether which item has reached the China forwarder's warehouse and which item hasn't reached. I heard 4PX is not prompt with updates or sometimes doesn't even update?

My agent doesn't check for me the items but he orders for me and updates it instantly everytime something reaches China's warehouse as well as update whether seller has dispatched it for delivery or hasn't. I can then decide whether I want to ship which items to SG first if the rest haven't reach.

If you could enlighten me how ordering directly from seller works, that'd be great, thank you!

Hi lovescandi,

Mind sharing your contractor and electrician contact ? Thanks

Please read this :rolleyes: :

Hi Cj8888, to be fair, I'm not quite sure if my contractor would like me to share the contact details of his electrician cause I believe he works for him. I need to check with him on this at a later stage. Secondly, I would prefer a lot more to share Contractor J's contact when I finish or am halfway through doing my place to give everyone a more thorough review of the final workmanship and service he provides. I think it's only fairer that way to introduce genuinely good contractors to people on renotalk than some who just keeps telling you their contractor / ID is so good so good but the reason why they tell u it's good is because they want u to sign with their contractor to get a referral fee or discount for their EC. I've met so many people who do that but their contractor/ID is really just not that good as they claim. I believe in only authentic referrals thus for those who PMed me for Contractor J's contact, I think you guys need to wait at least a month on before I decide to share or not share his contact (:

Hi Oceaneleven,

Actually the reason why I go through an agent is because I have no idea how to order and send it direct to Singapore. I understand that there's a forwarder called 4PX or something but I dont know how to order and input the forwarder's address. The other thing is I'm not sure how I know whether which item has reached the China forwarder's warehouse and which item hasn't reached. I heard 4PX is not prompt with updates or sometimes doesn't even update?

My agent doesn't check for me the items but he orders for me and updates it instantly everytime something reaches China's warehouse as well as update whether seller has dispatched it for delivery or hasn't. I can then decide whether I want to ship which items to SG first if the rest haven't reach.

If you could enlighten me how ordering directly from seller works, that'd be great, thank you!

Go to O11's tblog. Super detailed taobao advices :good:

Go to O11's tblog. Super detailed taobao advices :good:

Awww thanks for sharing Jiawen, Im in need of a super detailed TB advice. Anyway I can't find O11 tblog, do you have the link please? Thank you!!

Awww thanks for sharing Jiawen, Im in need of a super detailed TB advice. Anyway I can't find O11 tblog, do you have the link please? Thank you!!

Check out my signature. :deal:

Taobao Updates:

Eventually I topped up my purchases on TB to be worth $5000 - my hubby told me TB's too addictive and that should be my last order, haha.

Anyway most of the items has already reached the warehouse in China and I'll be shipping them asap to get the reno started.

Contractor J Update:

Contractor mentioned he will be sending me a timeline of what he's gonna do and what will be done - I thought it was very neat and thoughtful. Laying of floor protection will start this Friday and it will be quickened once my TB shipment comes.

I'm in a dilemma to buy a LG $3099 UDH 55" TV or a Samsung $2199 HD 55" SMART TV - Which would you pick?

Also, is it true that kitchen laminates are usually 0.8mm? Cause Contractor J told me he will let me pick the more expensive laminates 1-1.2mm without topup as I saw a laminate I particularly like! So far he hasn't charged me extra for anything I added here and there even though I signed the contract with him already so I'm very thankful!! I heard there's so many ID and contractor that start charging a bomb after signing for any small additional things. Contractor J even threw in a suspended bed side table for hubby which he was thrilled :jammin:

Edited by lovescandi

For the tv, I would get a 55" HD one since it's cheaper. Technology changes all the time anyway!

I'm hinting the man at the HD one too but it seems he's leaning onto the UHD!! He's loves watching TV but I hope I can psycho him to get the HD one instead :D

No requirements for UHD unless you are a bluray enthusiast. The topbox that Starhub and MIO provides supports only up to HD at the moment. The UHD resolution will not be fully utilised just based on these topbox.

I would go for the HD tv if the UHD is $1000 more. UHD content will need a few more years before it becomes mainstream so not much point to get it right now.

Save the cash for something else :notti: