Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Here's a visual of the Taobao loots I received filling up my living hall and one of the bedrooms- 99% in perfect condition or exceeded my expectations. Most are crated up if not boxed up very well. Small items are all consolidated together by Oops into a big bag.

Just to share, I purchased my craftsbrick from TB too and they look amazing. Can't wait for it to be up!

Oops made a mistake saying they shipped out 22 items but they only shipped out 21 items. When I asked them where was my last item, they found it in Guangzhou's warehouse. Thankfully I have one more shipment coming in so they will ship it together for me.

gallery_62588_461_44950.jpg

Solid kitchen tap from a good seller. All my bathroom accessories are from them. They even packed with dustbag, gave gloves etc - it feels like a $200+ tap :notti:

gallery_62588_461_111498.jpg

Edited by lovescandi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Honestly we have no idea how long the battery lasts but the battery is the samsung type of battery and they gave two batteries. So when one battery is flat, you can swap to the other battery.

Anyway I bought extra for my mum and she says its too advanced for her to understand - she rather look through the peephole so I have one set extra. Anyone is keen to take over at cost price?

is this gold in colour?

Ok let me think abt it. I guess you can try to sell it first.. Cos I am not too sure if that color fits my door colour

Which forwarder are you using?? :good:

Mentioned previously, Im using Oops.sg - I think they charge reasonably for forwarding services however when it comes to customer service, its really difficult to get them unless you email them (takes awhile to reply) or catch them when they are online for live chat.

If you want an agent that checks for all your items and repacks them properly for you, many would recommend Peeka - however of course they are more expensive as you have to pay agent fee on top of your GST and freight charges.

Love all the loots u bought from TB. U so daring to buy craftbricks from TB :good:

Mind sharing the link for the down feather cushions + the cushion covers?

TIA

Hi lovescandi, mind sharing how much you r quoted for renov? we want to do a scandi theme for our new 5 room also and the best quote we got so far is 38k. this is way beyond our budget of 25k and we thought we r only doing the basics for our hse.

These r the works we want to do and there is no hacking req. Can you guys advice if it is reasonable to fetch the 38k quote?? Thanks.

27ft of kitchen cabinets with quartz tabletop and 7ft glass backing

10ft wardrobe and 5.5 ft low cabinets for master bedrm

5ft wardrobe each for 2 common bedrms

2 ft full height mirror cabinet

4 ft full height shoe cabinet

6ft tv console

6ft feature wall

3.5ft mirror cabinet in toilet

construct a study rm

simple false ceiling and L-box

3ft full height altar

HERF vinyl flooring for living rm and bedrooms

shower screen for 2 toilets

yard windows and whole hse grilles

plumbing & painting works

Hello guys, many of you posted PMs to enquire the links for my TB items. I appreciate if you guys could read the posts before this because I've posted them up :dribble:

Some updates:

Today Contractor J's electrician came over to do up my electrical wiring - he finished up the walkway tracklights, 3bed rooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and service yard within a couple of hours. Tomorrow he'll be doing up the living room which is more complicated.

For those who have the same layout as me and you'd like to use tracklights too, the trick is to buy 1metre tracks if you don't want to mess up the ceiling with too many conduits and tracks. You don't even need a connector to connect 2 tracks (1metre + 1metre). Simply get your electrician to place the tracks side by side and you can run them straight without going round the living room or wasting money buying track connectors.

I'm not sure if you guys understood what I meant - but feel free to question further as it was a new idea thought by contractor J and the electrician as I told them the original conduits and tracks were too messy and complicated in the ceiling. Eventually we tried it out today to see if placing 1metre tracks side by side works without a connector and it does the trick indeed :yeah:

Bedrooms and kitchen light with remote control and colour of lights are interchangeable to 3 different shades (white, off white and warm)

OUR BEST BUY - HUBBY AND I LOVE THIS LIGHT SO MUCH!!

gallery_62588_461_71999.jpg

Walkway track light - using 7watts, its perfect!

(My neighbour is using 3watts, too dim. And my friend bought 12watts, too big,bulk & bright)

gallery_62588_461_38573.jpg

Service yard wall light (had to change the bulb to bigger watt in LED as the original one provided was way too dim)

gallery_62588_461_59906.jpg

Hi lovescandi, mind sharing how much you r quoted for renov? we want to do a scandi theme for our new 5 room also and the best quote we got so far is 38k. this is way beyond our budget of 25k and we thought we r only doing the basics for our hse.

These r the works we want to do and there is no hacking req. Can you guys advice if it is reasonable to fetch the 38k quote?? Thanks.

27ft of kitchen cabinets with quartz tabletop and 7ft glass backing

10ft wardrobe and 5.5 ft low cabinets for master bedrm

5ft wardrobe each for 2 common bedrms

2 ft full height mirror cabinet

4 ft full height shoe cabinet

6ft tv console

6ft feature wall

3.5ft mirror cabinet in toilet

construct a study rm

simple false ceiling and L-box

3ft full height altar

HERF vinyl flooring for living rm and bedrooms

shower screen for 2 toilets

yard windows and whole hse grilles

plumbing & painting works

Hello, I have no idea how much yours would cost - perhaps you should get your quotation directly from the contractor.

Anyway my renovation costs under $20k, I am doing:

1. Top/bottom kitchen cabinet one side, bottom cabinet right side

2. Box up of aircon piping and boxup of gaps for my TV console

3 Full height shoe + storage cabinet

4. 10SQM craftstone

5. Aluminium black frame walk in wardrobe

6.Plumbing

7.Electrical works

I have a china professional painter contact where he paints an entire 4-room for $550 (paint you need to buy yourself, I got mine from Winly Paint at Lavender) so I didnt use contractor J's painter.

Apart from this, my service yard windows and grills are done via bulk purchase with my estate's facebook fanpage (much cheaper) than going to ID/Contractor

Hope this helps.

Also, till date I have not shared Contractor J's contact with all of you - mainly because I am waiting for the kitchen/living room to be done up before I review the entire renovation with him however so far, all is been going very smoothly except afew minor hiccup (e.g. I bought wrong door bell and toilet lights) but hiccups are inevitable as I read from many reno-talkers :sport-smiley-003:

However during this renovation process, I've learnt that coloured internal laminates such as internal kitchen drawer laminates and wardrobe/shoe cabinets costs way more. And also, contractors prices are only if you want shelves in your kitchen. Every additional drawer costs $40+ due to the cost of the tracks. I personally prefect drawers so I opted to have my entire kitchen's bottom cabinet on both side with drawers. Back splash of the kitchen wall also differ from glass backing to kompacplus backing or even stainless steel backing. These are costs which you may not realise at the start and during planning when you want to have this and that, the price of the reno increases :help::idea:

Edited by lovescandi

Hello guys, many of you posted PMs to enquire the links for my TB items. I appreciate if you guys could read the posts before this because I've posted them up :dribble:

Some updates:

Today Contractor J's electrician came over to do up my electrical wiring - he finished up the walkway tracklights, 3bed rooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and service yard within a couple of hours. Tomorrow he'll be doing up the living room which is more complicated.

For those who have the same layout as me and you'd like to use tracklights too, the trick is to buy 1metre tracks if you don't want to mess up the ceiling with too many conduits and tracks. You don't even need a connector to connect 2 tracks (1metre + 1metre). Simply get your electrician to place the tracks side by side and you can run them straight without going round the living room or wasting money buying track connectors.

I'm not sure if you guys understood what I meant - but feel free to question further as it was a new idea thought by contractor J and the electrician as I told them the original conduits and tracks were too messy and complicated in the ceiling. Eventually we tried it out today to see if placing 1metre tracks side by side works without a connector and it does the trick indeed :yeah:

Bedrooms and kitchen light with remote control and colour of lights are interchangeable to 3 different shades (white, off white and warm)

(My neighbour is using 3watts, too dim. And my friend bought 12watts, too big,bulk & bright)

Service yard wall light (had to change the bulb to bigger watt in LED as the originaml one provided was way too dim)

Like to understand more...how does not using connectors make ur track light layout look less complicated? I tot the connector is juz for joining purpose and shld be "invisible" when joining 2 tracks together and shld look the same asethetically with or without it... can u explain abit more or shld some pics? Thanks

Some updates:

Service yard wall light (had to change the bulb to bigger watt in LED as the original one provided was way too dim)

Can you share this link for the lights with remote changing of lights color?