Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

*******PLEASE READ*******

UPDATE ON TAOBAO GOODS AFTER USING FOR 6 MONTHS

Hello everyone! I just wanted to do an update on the quality of taobao goods after using them for 6 months.

So far everything I've bought, all is working well infact extremely well EXCEPT

DISCLAMER: ALL THE TAPS/ACCESSORIES I BOUGHT FROM TAOBAO IS STAINLESS STEEL AS DESCRIBED BY SELLER.

1. Toilet Accessories Such as Shampoo and body wash rack

They have started to rust even though there's no scratch, nothing! Its horrible!

2. Water Tap / Sink Stopper

Think even though they say its 100% stainless steel etc, somehow its very difficult to maintain the look and the surface looks uneven with stuff growing on it that cannot be scrubbed of. Its quite fustrating because previously I was using a Germany made water tap for my previous house and after two years it still looks like brand new. What you pay is really what you get and how long you can use it for. One of the toilet tap is also not functioning well where the water coming out flows slanted.

3. Kitchen Tap

Just this week, the kitchen tap started to leak, everywhere! I contacted Contractor J and his worker and they told me that all those homes whom they installed kitchen taps from Taobao wouldn't last. He always had to get the plumber to go back after 3-6 months to get the homeowner to buy a good quality Kitchen Tap. So yesterday I went back down to Heritage Bathroom and bought an expensive kitchen tap instead to replace the old one and hopefully it doesn't give me any problem.

Despite the fact that the kitchen tap was sold on taobao with more than 10,000 ratings that is it 100% stainless, the tap started looking a little rusty after 6 months and the leak was quite bad. Heritage bathroom salesgirl told me that it could be possible that the material is mixed with other alloys that is not pure thats why its rusty inside. Super bad experience.

So here's my advice:

You can buy anything from Taobao from table to TV console to curtains - EVERYTHING EXCEPT for sinks/taps/toilet accessories even if they vouch that its 100% stainless steel. My lesson learnt and your money saved :jawdrop: :jammin:

Hi, can you share the link of the bathroom plush mat and customised curtain as well? Is the quality good for the curtains?

TIA

Bathroom Plush Mat

BEST MAT EVER, ALL MY GUESTS COMMENTED HOW WONDERFUL THAT MAT IS WHENEVER THEY STEP OUT FROM MY BATHROOM

LINK: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.5xGSbl&id=19107439177

Customized Curtain

Paid about $600 for whole house curtain including day and night curtain **** and 90% sun block curtain for three rooms. Quality is fantastic but the tricky part contacting the seller to customize the exact dimensions. I was quite lucky and all the dimensions came to be 100% accurate and perfect for the house :thumbs up:

LINK: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4011-5815226618.211.O1avFy&id=35673439883&rn=db4c11fc3789c33634e11f03e1704a67

Edited by lovescandi

thanks for sharing on your experience on taobao stainless steel taps and accessories! Will steer clear of them... cheers!

*******PLEASE READ*******

UPDATE ON TAOBAO GOODS AFTER USING FOR 6 MONTHS

Hello everyone! I just wanted to do an update on the quality of taobao goods after using them for 6 months.

So far everything I've bought, all is working well infact extremely well EXCEPT

DISCLAMER: ALL THE TAPS/ACCESSORIES I BOUGHT FROM TAOBAO IS STAINLESS STEEL AS DESCRIBED BY SELLER.

1. Toilet Accessories Such as Shampoo and body wash rack

They have started to rust even though there's no scratch, nothing! Its horrible!

2. Water Tap / Sink Stopper

Think even though they say its 100% stainless steel etc, somehow its very difficult to maintain the look and the surface looks uneven with stuff growing on it that cannot be scrubbed of. Its quite fustrating because previously I was using a Germany made water tap for my previous house and after two years it still looks like brand new. What you pay is really what you get and how long you can use it for. One of the toilet tap is also not functioning well where the water coming out flows slanted.

3. Kitchen Tap

Just this week, the kitchen tap started to leak, everywhere! I contacted Contractor J and his worker and they told me that all those homes whom they installed kitchen taps from Taobao wouldn't last. He always had to get the plumber to go back after 3-6 months to get the homeowner to buy a good quality Kitchen Tap. So yesterday I went back down to Heritage Bathroom and bought an expensive kitchen tap instead to replace the old one and hopefully it doesn't give me any problem.

Despite the fact that the kitchen tap was sold on taobao with more than 10,000 ratings that is it 100% stainless, the tap started looking a little rusty after 6 months and the leak was quite bad. Heritage bathroom salesgirl told me that it could be possible that the material is mixed with other alloys that is not pure thats why its rusty inside. Super bad experience.

So here's my advice:

You can buy anything from Taobao from table to TV console to curtains - EVERYTHING EXCEPT for sinks/taps/toilet accessories even if they vouch that its 100% stainless steel. My lesson learnt and your money saved :jawdrop: :jammin:

I was quite excited after reading through TS T-blog with regards to contractor J, as mentioned by TS that his schedule is really full, projects he took in is full till Aug 2015, I still contacted contractor J as I was not in a hurry to move in.

Call him on 28 or 29th May, to check if he is available to take in another project, he can slowly take his time as I am in no hurry to move in, attitude was good although I know he is very popular and has many project on hand, I thought he will be the one. On 30th Jun, his assistance Edmund called me to confirm the appointment date and time, fixed on 6th Jun at 1pm at my place. Impressed once again by the swift reply.

On 3rd Jun, I called Edmund back to re-confirm the date and time, he says yup, its confirmed.

On 6th June, I reached my place at 12:50pm, waited till 1:10pm, called contractor J, he was in another project at CCK (my place is at Punggol), saying that Edmund had not remind him about our appointment. He said that he will check with Edmund and call me back. Few minutes later, Edmund called me back saying that there is a "mis-com", then I asked him if he remembers that on Wed, I did call him back to re-confirm the appointment, he say yes. Well then I say I dont think you guys can make it today. They gave me alternative to meet me in the evening but I was unable to make it as I need to be back by then to take care of my baby boy.

To me, once you've commited to an appointment, you have the responsibility to show up, if in any circumstances you are unable to, you should let the other party know in advance. Really disappointed with them, small things like that that you can overlook, how am I suppose to be able to let you renovate my house?

Maybe I unlucky... well, this is my feedback on contractor J, everything was fine till he did not kept his commitment.

Edited by IntimacyR

i remeber i bought kdk at best denki for only $100

Purchased the KDK fan on the left of this photo - SG selling $189 (on discount) but I bought it half price in Malaysia :jawdrop::jammin:

gallery_62588_461_34229.jpg

I was quite excited after reading through TS T-blog with regards to contractor J, as mentioned by TS that his schedule is really full, projects he took in is full till Aug 2015, I still contacted contractor J as I was not in a hurry to move in.

Call him on 28 or 29th May, to check if he is available to take in another project, he can slowly take his time as I am in no hurry to move in, attitude was good although I know he is very popular and has many project on hand, I thought he will be the one. On 30th Jun, his assistance Edmund called me to confirm the appointment date and time, fixed on 6th Jun at 1pm at my place. Impressed once again by the swift reply.

On 3rd Jun, I called Edmund back to re-confirm the date and time, he says yup, its confirmed.

On 6th June, I reached my place at 12:50pm, waited till 1:10pm, called contractor J, he was in another project at CCK (my place is at Punggol), saying that Edmund had not remind him about our appointment. He said that he will check with Edmund and call me back. Few minutes later, Edmund called me back saying that there is a "mis-com", then I asked him if he remembers that on Wed, I did call him back to re-confirm the appointment, he say yes. Well then I say I dont think you guys can make it today. They gave me alternative to meet me in the evening but I was unable to make it as I need to be back by then to take care of my baby boy.

To me, once you've commited to an appointment, you have the responsibility to show up, if in any circumstances you are unable to, you should let the other party know in advance. Really disappointed with them, small things like that that you can overlook, how am I suppose to be able to let you renovate my house?

Maybe I unlucky... well, this is my feedback on contractor J, everything was fine till he did not kept his commitment.

that is the problem with ID/contractor that is too popular when everyone start asking for their contacts, in the past there are contractors that are very popular in renotalk and subsequently their reviews starts getting bad, too many projects to handle, cannot do the work properly