Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whoam1

Can We Choose The Tile Supplier If We Engaged A Id

Hi All,

Anyone have their renovation done by 9 Creation before?

I was wanting to get my tiles from Lian Seng Hin as I prefer the simple selection and for similar simple tiles, it cost much cheaper than Hafary, but I was told the company can only get their supply from Hafary.

Please advise if anyone managed to get their tile from any supplier other than Hafary.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi whoam.. I went thru the diy route.. asked my contractor to quote manpower costs only. Having done so, I understand what that entails. Do PM me if you want to know more. Yes LSH has slightly cheaper tiles than Hafary.. but costs aside, do check whether the quality of tiles are the same.

All the best

Ya. Most IDs they have good payment terms provided by specific supplier. If you choose to get from other suppliers, den prepare to pay upfront for the material and no support will be rendered by the supplier unless they are kind enough.

Hmmm. What my ID counter offer me is to help me look for similar tiles which we like from Hafary... but I'm not too sure how much I need to top up.

Anything, anyone try to bargain with your ID to minus off the amt from quotation if the tiles is less than the agreed amt? (e.g. the tiles quoted is $3/sqf but the one you choose is $2.50)

Hi... sent you my reply to your query.

As for your latest question, You got to work out your sums... if your tiles are all more than $3, doesn't make sense to complain... However, if u have one about $2, then go get another tiles about $4, so that average is still about $3. Can negotiate with your contractor on this issue but look at the price of tiles you like first.

Hi David.. from my experience in selecting the tiles and interacting with the sales staff over months, I had excellent service from in fact most of them. Even my contractor was surprised we could get certain things done with some of our suppliers which he could not. Guess I was lucky to have met them all.

Ya. Most IDs they have good payment terms provided by specific supplier. If you choose to get from other suppliers, den prepare to pay upfront for the material and no support will be rendered by the supplier unless they are kind enough.

Of course there are really suppliers whom are kind enough. I am just saying IDs have certain form of arrangement with their specific suppliers and just in case if any want to get direct, be prepared to be directly ask for payment too.

I did not mind as I can use my CC and get some $$ back in return. Moreover, I stretched my purchase with interest free monthly payment which can't be done if i had gone thru with my contractor.

Yes, you are right that IDs may/have arrangment with them. And it may be advisable to stick with them especially when it comes to tiles.

Just PM u.

Do let me know what u wish to know.

hi TiTW,

can you pm me? I try pming you but your mail box full.

would like to understand what are your challenge in going the diy route