Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

meeting with ID soon to finalise all the details before reno starts, decided to save some money and reduce the display cabinet size, also partly because we bought a 2m long dining table :D

gallery_62650_3_243249.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi, where did u placed your sink in the kitchen?thought the water pipe is at the right hand side?

sink at original location beside the water pipe n drainage, stove will have to be opposite with gas pipe route out to service yard n turn back into the kitchen.

hi how did u manage to get the cement screed?

PMed u.

Hi,

If i get my keys probably ard 2-3 mths later, can i still appeal for free cement screed? If yes can advise how to go abt it.

Hi,

If i get my keys probably ard 2-3 mths later, can i still appeal for free cement screed? If yes can advise how to go abt it.

yes u can try. good luck!

Hi Freb

How did the discussion with the ID go?

are they going to fix the defects?

meeting them saturday. seems like u r more excited than me :P

screed all done :) contractor told me took them 29 packs of screed to do to the level i wan :D

17307709963_69aeac6ef4_z.jpg

17740351078_4c91e2a63e_z.jpg

electric for false ceiling

17925288022_a32ea53fed_z.jpg

power point for stove

17925142372_2fdc9c79da_z.jpg

if you realise i don have plinth for fridge, partly because our fridge is too tall, its difficult to my wife to reach the top compartment :P another reason is we wouldn wash the kitchen for sure, cos the kitchen is so small, just mop is more than enough... plus new fridge already comes with high footings

Edited by Freb

Hi Freb,

May I know how you appeal? that form of smooth floor rendering submitted to HDB brach office?

Thank you very much

PMed!

got this Yamaha RX-V577 A/V receiver for my 5.1 speaker, this has wifi direct n network streaming :D

17966286341_086d70fd88_z.jpg

more lighting points done

17977198466_6a08228392_z.jpg

met with ID firm manager, he is quite friendly and willing to rectify all defects i highlighted in the MBR bathroom, kerbs, floor tile, etc, especially the feature wall, it will be removed and overlay again at no extra cost (depending on the tiles we chose vs contract quote)

18000450332_f4055a415c_z.jpg

when i asked how come the floor & wall tiles don line up, tiler explained that the water will drain faster as he made use of 4 tiles to form a slope. but i don buy it, i want the line to align nicely..as long as water can drain off. they will redo the floor tile for the bathing area.

17385766943_89cd28f587_z.jpg

regarding the feature wall, he mention that the existing tile i chose have variations and do not have even matching lines, making it difficult for tiler to align perfectly. taking this opportunity, we went hafary and chose another type of tile to make tiler's life easier.

18004424241_9801512c19_z.jpg

close up look, this Italian tile has interlocks, meaning it will not have problems with vertical alignment, tiler only need to take care of horizontal part. ID highlighted that the area at the bathroom window might not look as neat as tiler needs to trim the "uneven" tiles. we shall see how skilful they are.

18003655035_ca65c34b4a_z.jpg

initially i really wanted them to tear down the wall & reconstruct the way i wanted (manager is willing to, although it makes the tile/wall contractor pretty angry), but he reassure us the work is done with good intention to introduce less joints, dowel bars, mesh & stiffener all added and guarantee years of defect repair for this wall. Having 2nd look at the MBR entrance, it acts as a stiffener to prop against the joint between the 2 bricks they put in, hopefully it might have less problem than i initially thought. i decided to let them off, the wall will not be rebuild.

18004943161_248bddaf76_z.jpg

also discussed on the living room & passageway tile layout, will be looking at the setting out plan before allowing them to start work.

Quite satisfied with today's outcome since they willing to settle all the problems. Hopefully they also understands that we as a client who paid a premium only wish for quality work and peace of mind. Also, we impose no deadline on them, there is no LD, so take as long as they want, just give us quality.

Edited by Freb

some purchases from amazon, shipping direct and free to singapore with purchases more than 125USD. only takes 6 days to reach SG.

17975693910_d21f52a11f_z.jpg

17542825073_c6389d4ee0_z.jpg

17977186849_5f45349aae_z.jpg

17540835044_0a306db3da_z.jpg

Edited by Freb

Hi Freb!

Congrats on your new place!

I think I am staying in the same stack as you... haha

Can I also check with you how did you manage to get HDB to do the free screeding for you?

Thanks!