Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi lonerboi, may I know do you only appeal for overlay of whole house?

Overlay? I'm screeding not overlaying, and only for my living + bedrooms cause i did not take OCS and want to do laminates.

Overlay? I'm screeding not overlaying, and only for my living + bedrooms cause i did not take OCS and want to do laminates.

can we appeal HDB for cement screed on homogeneous tiles or just for laminates?

Congrats! They might start doing sooner than u think

Haha, you are right, today when I visited my unit, I found pencil markings on the wall

can we appeal HDB for cement screed on homogeneous tiles or just for laminates?

1 I/We, ______________________________________________________________________________
I/We, _________________________________________________________________________________
I/We, ______________________________________________________________________________
intend to lay carpet/vinyl tile/linoleum/parquet/timber flooring (including laminated and bamboo floorings)
the following location(s)#
/parquet/timber flooring (including laminated and bamboo floorings)/nothing* at
/parquet/timber flooring (including laminated and bamboo floorings)
of our new flat:

Hi Freb, don't mind if you can send me a sample of the appeal for cement screeding? May I know which ID are you using and what's the total cost? Thanks !

i am confused here. what is the different between cement screed and pre-pack sand?

The new HDB regulation is we need to use their pre-pack material?

can we appeal HDB to provide us with the pre-pack material foc?

or it is just for carpet/vinyl tile/linoleum/parquet/timber flooring?

i am confused here. what is the different between cement screed and pre-pack sand?

The new HDB regulation is we need to use their pre-pack material?

can we appeal HDB to provide us with the pre-pack material foc?

or it is just for carpet/vinyl tile/linoleum/parquet/timber flooring?

Screed is basically a level finishing before u lay ur tiles/parquet/vinyl etc. it's a sand n cement mix. usually contractor mix cement & sand to a certain ratio (1:3-5, w/wo aggrevates depend on the application) concrete is the one added with bigger aggrevates (small size stones)

Prepack screed only means that sand/cement already mixed properly in the pack, contractor no longer need to mix using mixer on the spot

New requirement in place to make sure the mix is even & to requirement. Will cost higher.

If u request for HDB screed they will use prepack screed. Starting next month Reno contractor goto use prepack as well for all flooring works.

HDB only give u foc screed if u laying laminate/parquet/vinyl but not tiles

Hi Freb,

Am also your neighbour in 470A but only getting keys 2 weeks later. Will be doing vinyl flooring and so wanna save on the cement screed. Appreciate if you can advise how to go about the appeal for FOC cement screed. And also your reno contacts. TIA!

Hi Freb,

Am also your neighbour in 470A but only getting keys 2 weeks later. Will be doing vinyl flooring and so wanna save on the cement screed. Appreciate if you can advise how to go about the appeal for FOC cement screed. And also your reno contacts. TIA!

tiling finally completed after 2 months...i chose a ramp instead of step for the entrance...for old folks :)

19108006255_76eeca5ca0_c.jpg

not sure its the kitchen tiles not level or my living room tiles...the gap seems uneven...goto ask tiler rectify it.

19102314522_4da4292f16_c.jpg

2.7m3 of taobao stuff delivered :D lights, sinks, taps, chairs...etc

19111257441_89f3a01534_c.jpg

MBR toilet tile redo completed but...

18920201960_5ea95f02bd_c.jpg

silly mistake by tiler again...the shampoo ledge is too close to the rain shower tap...i cant even install the hose or even put shampoo bottles...goto redo...again

18485466894_6d6559ce9f_c.jpg

new feature tile is definitely straighter than the old one...love it :) will be using white grout for the gaps

18920364268_f5cf8dce6d_c.jpg

next up, carpentry works and false ceiling..cant wait!

Hi Freb,

1) I will collect my key in 2 months time. Can u share with me how to appeal to HDB for the free cement screed?

2) From your post, i understand that HDB contractor only provide up to 40mm of screed. If i using HERF flooring, do i need to ask them to top up?

3) Do i start appeal now or after collected key?

Sorry for so many questions as this is my first BTO.

Thank you in advance!