Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Freb,

I intend to lay homogenous tiles in my livingroom and vinyl for bedrooms.

1) Does that mean that cement screeding is required only for the bedrooms?

2) Could you share with me how to appeal for foc cement screeding please..

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi, PMed

Hi Freb,

1) I will collect my key in 2 months time. Can u share with me how to appeal to HDB for the free cement screed?

2) From your post, i understand that HDB contractor only provide up to 40mm of screed. If i using HERF flooring, do i need to ask them to top up?

3) Do i start appeal now or after collected key?

Sorry for so many questions as this is my first BTO.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Freb,

I intend to lay homogenous tiles in my livingroom and vinyl for bedrooms.

1) Does that mean that cement screeding is required only for the bedrooms?

2) Could you share with me how to appeal for foc cement screeding please..

Thanks.

Hi Freb,

Thanks for dropping by my t-blog earlier. Yours looking good too! Love your view from MBR and those Amazon OXO order!

Cheers :)

Alvin

measurement done for false ceiling, materials on site. had a discussion with ID on the opening size, location, lines etc...

19296448885_56e93db6c7_z.jpg

collected KDK fan from my friendly neighbour who bought for me from JB :)

18675886703_c28637154c_z.jpg

opened one of the box, 2x Aames chair :D

19108840250_0fd8d45302_z.jpg

Evorich guy came to do measurement for my bedrooms, he suggested to me that i should do carpentry (wardrobe) first then they can lay HERF vinyl, this prevent scratching done by carpenters and also can reduce the area needed to lay vinyl, save some $$$

however, upon checking he told me that my bedroom entrance screed is not levelled, some area 5mm, some 3mm, to my horror he told me the HERF is actually 5mm not 3mm..WTH! the sales clearly told me its 3mm & asked me to offset 5mm for adjustment... but he also said that it can be resolved with a pvc bridge over...so...i hope everything turn out nice...

so buyers of HERF beware...its 5mm thick not 3mm..and i think having offset of 7mm is a safer bet...

19300377701_6458d38805_z.jpg

we chose the Amsterdam eggshell white as i think it is more close to our theme.

Edited by Freb

went in for some progress photo, greeted by the partition wall, this pic just show the clearance between the main door n partition wall when fully open, i hope no problem when delivering furnitures.

19293349445_f460eedb18_c.jpg

behind this wall will be dining area, reason built this wall is firstly for fengshui (no direct view to windows/door), 2ndly cos i bought a 2m dining table, too long cant fit anywhere, lastly to install the dining light switch on it :)

19107243859_45de00f951_c.jpg

false ceiling up to hide all the ugly lighting points and in-ceiling speaker. did L-box instead of cove light, didn like the idea of cleaning

19105737850_e4013b50bf_c.jpg

view from corridor

19105737860_bf27428d8b_c.jpg

ceiling with 6" gap near the window for double curtain tracks later, i didn wanna install the curtain below existing window beam as i think it will make my unit look shorter than it already is

19293350405_113826a9ea_c.jpg

Edited by Freb

ceiling gap for living room aircon installation

19105737840_1f3439fcf8_c.jpg

box up for all aircon piping in the corridor

19105791308_f7bf558512_c.jpg

MBR aircon pipe box up, got a pointy corner =\ ID say if wanna hide goto lower the whole beam

19287364692_57a58a83ca_c.jpg

Edited by Freb

Hi Fred, please kindly pm me the procedures to request FOC cement screed from HDB. I am planning to use vinyl for all bedrooms flooring. Tks!

City gas came today to extend the gas pipe for stove, extended into service yard through HDB provided opening

18726396233_894f857172_c.jpg

from top of service yard door turn down and enter kitchen again

19347043905_644afaf7e8_c.jpg

terminate at proposed stove location

19347043935_d59de0741e_c.jpg

tmr will be painting of whole house + carpentry measuring

bro, your taobao thing confim is 2.7m3?look like alot leh!!!btw how much is per meter cube?

hi, may i know ur city gas is one time instllation? or they will come again to fix your stove? TIA!! btw ur home tiles got any hollow?

Yes, 2.65m3 actually but oops.sg charge per 0.1m3 ($5)

Gas is one time for pipe, another time for stove.

Tiles? Can't check yet since it's all covered up.

Edited by Freb

hi freb, had u done ur painting? does new BTO need to apply primer?

hi, painting is ongoing now, not sure if they applied primer. but u can either use primer or use more coats of paint.

Hey Freb!

Thanks for sharing your reno journey so far. I'm really enjoying it. :thumbs up:

BTW, could you share with me how to appeal with HDB for the cement screeding? Asking on behalf of my kanchiong neighbours. :)