Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

moved into new flat for 2 weeks now. still unpacking n add things here n there.

my home network setup, with 2x nas with 10x 3TB hdd, 2x routers (Asus 68U & Dlink 868L), 1x 8 port cisco gigabit switch (SGD90D-08)

21830533210_b4fa7fc06e_k.jpg

21979307038_1f136f4bf2_b.jpg

21830847548_d7010bfde8_k.jpg

got a 6mm tempered glass top for my 2m long solid walnut table :D

21397525223_f1a3e8951c_k.jpg

spent half day setting up my hot toys haha, wife nagging cos i bought too many...

21992478586_ad2c868d89_k.jpg

parents took top cabinet with their ceramics while i filled the bottom with iron man :D

22018690695_29afb45e4c_k.jpg

Edited by Freb

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

although officially taken the flat over from ID, there are still small things need to resolve, like my display cabinet glass couldnt fit, ID was quick to rectify it.

next most important item is living tv point, according to my wife its most important part of our house! ok noted. the tv keeps flickering, especially those none HD channels...i called up electrician, they come checked say its HDB signal not good...so i called hdb up to checked, they tested n say the extension at the tv feature wall was not properly done, resulted a drop of signal from 70+ to 20+

21831919769_7972959f82_b.jpg

so i called electrician again...for the 3rd time they came, this time big operation, they goto rewire from the circuit box to my tv console, they wired through my shoe cabinet, false ceiling, then down the TV feature wall, however, there were horizontal planks across the feature wall (2 piece join together), so they goto drill additional holes on the feature wall in order to let the new wire pass through

22009015075_95cd7931b6_k.jpg

took them half a day to do it, initially they suggest wired the new cable beside my feature wall!!! how is tat even acceptable, in the end i goto work out a solution with them...heres the end result, drill a hole large enough for the wire to go through n drill through the horizontal planks so the wire can drop from the ceiling

22009014795_0ecb08723a_k.jpg

luckily i still got a sample piece of laminate, so use super glue to paste over, its a bit ugly but its ok since its behind my big TV

22018521425_5675166d8b_k.jpg

Edited by Freb

Congrats on the completion and moving in. Totally get the hassle of fixing issues when you have moved in because it's messy and if like yours painful cos the build in have to be tempered with to achieve a fix.

But also cannot don't fix. Only can cross fingers that issues are nothing major.

Good luck for the moving in and Hope all other parts of the job are good and sound.

Congrats on the completion and moving in. Totally get the hassle of fixing issues when you have moved in because it's messy and if like yours painful cos the build in have to be tempered with to achieve a fix.

But also cannot don't fix. Only can cross fingers that issues are nothing major.

Good luck for the moving in and Hope all other parts of the job are good and sound.

yeah thanks, hows your reno so far?

another things i wanna share for cabinet design, i asked for 2 big drawers in the kitchen cabinet(for big pots, woks etc), of course with blum hinges. however after started using, we realised one design flaw.

21847341768_e68e3593ea_k.jpg

the lower drawer was too near to the floor, even with the cabinet footing done. my wife n i had abrasion due to this. only way is to stand far away when opening this drawer. so renotalkers must think twice before doing this kind of layout. good luck!

22022857082_cfc73a521d_k.jpg

Thanks Freb.. So technically can you switch off the power and tv point?

Any chance you can take a snapshot of the interior for me to visualize better?

Is your tv point for your Masterroom utilized?

Where you manage to get the 6mm tempered glass from btw too?

L

If u can see the photos, the tv wire is extended from the wall to the back of the tv console drawer (wardrobe side) n installed inside the console(bedroom side)

For wardrobe design, carpenter will leave a grove to allow wires to go through, ur power plug, hdmi cable, tv signal cable, LAN etc. so all wires from TV will go into the hole(core through the wall from

Bedroom side) behind the tv, (other wires of course sits nicely inside the console).

Wires will then drop into the grove n enter wardrobe, go through another opening from top of tv console.

u will have a wire free design :D but make sure u get a cable long enough...especially nowadays all the tv comes with such short power cables...worst non-removable type like my living room tv

Sounds complicated? let the picture paint the thousand words haha

21831475348_c7a6d0831c_k.jpg

Thanks Freb.. So technically can you switch off the power and tv point?

Any chance you can take a snapshot of the interior for me to visualize better?

Is your tv point for your Masterroom utilized?

Where you manage to get the 6mm tempered glass from btw too?

L

20874044438_2bcafc54f2_b.jpg

20874043458_c727479e13_b.jpg

Yes TV point only for local channel as I'm not using StarHub box in my room. But I also using steaming box so actually not necessary also.

6mm tempered glass get from u-gate, same company that did my doors

Edited by Freb

Almost near completion stage too handover next week. :)

my mum keep saying her room wireless is slow so i decided to add a router to boost the signal.

after 1hr consultation with my expert friend with step by step facetime guide, my network is rewired. Finally it is working the way it should. note that both MBR n parents room router is now set as access point (AP - extension of living room router). now i can access my NAS even when i'm not connected to my living room router.

21979307038_1f136f4bf2_b.jpg

let there be LED light! finally we can visit our lovely house without "day" only trips :D this is half completed as some of the lights r not wired yet...

20653148016_5b4ffb3269_b.jpg

pendant dining light, a bit too short, adjustable by simply twisting the top bit near the ceiling

20491390698_0e94a2e377_b.jpg

ikea wardrobe sensor light, took some time to figure out where to place the wire trunking, (oh pls take note, u need extension wires (connect between 2 drivers $8 each) if u need to connect multiple sensor light to a single power point, we only realise when electrician told us we need to buy the wire, from the manual...)

20491418900_f90d8a4771_b.jpg

light for kitchen will adjustable brightness n color temperature :D with remote too! (control up to 4 lights)

20686351981_58af4c2ef8_b.jpg

our gigantic hitachi fridge is here :D fits nicely into the space allocated. we are so glad that we bought this 6 door fridge, the top 2 swings doors were not obstructed by the cabinet at the side and the bottom 4 drawers have no issue opening in the tiny space.

20492664229_ba8e110236_b.jpg

Hi! I'm also looking at getting the same fridge. The width should be 825mm right? May I just check how much allowance u have left at both side for ventilation?

Hi! I'm also looking at getting the same fridge. The width should be 825mm right? May I just check how much allowance u have left at both side for ventilation?

Hi I keep 950mm

Edited by Freb

Hi Fred,

You have moved in, so how is it living there? I saw you bought the bosch hob, have you started using it and is there any problem with the flame? I'm thinking to buy Bosch PBD9351SG but a seller told me a lot of complaints on the flame unable to sustain.

Hi Fred,

You have moved in, so how is it living there? I saw you bought the bosch hob, have you started using it and is there any problem with the flame? I'm thinking to buy Bosch PBD9351SG but a seller told me a lot of complaints on the flame unable to sustain.

Ya started staying 1 month ago. Everything is great other than the bad telco reception (I complained to them n they give me 6 months 10% off, not that it helps but it's better than nothing till they upgrade the near by cell tower)

The hob I'm using is PBD9331SG, in fact I find the flame too strong lol. even when I open the service yard window n strong wind, it doesn't flame out, so works fine for me.

Edited by Freb

let there be LED light! finally we can visit our lovely house without "day" only trips :D this is half completed as some of the lights r not wired yet...

20653148016_5b4ffb3269_b.jpg

pendant dining light, a bit too short, adjustable by simply twisting the top bit near the ceiling

20491390698_0e94a2e377_b.jpg

ikea wardrobe sensor light, took some time to figure out where to place the wire trunking, (oh pls take note, u need extension wires (connect between 2 drivers $8 each) if u need to connect multiple sensor light to a single power point, we only realise when electrician told us we need to buy the wire, from the manual...)

20491418900_f90d8a4771_b.jpg

light for kitchen will adjustable brightness n color temperature :D with remote too! (control up to 4 lights)

20686351981_58af4c2ef8_b.jpg

our gigantic hitachi fridge is here :D fits nicely into the space allocated. we are so glad that we bought this 6 door fridge, the top 2 swings doors were not obstructed by the cabinet at the side and the bottom 4 drawers have no issue opening in the tiny space.

20492664229_ba8e110236_b.jpg

Hi freb, can i check with you what material did you chose for your Table top?

Hi freb, can i check with you what material did you chose for your Table top?

Hi, I'm using India black galaxy granite, basically black granite with gold flakes (can't tell in this pic due to auto white balance) it actually sparkles so it's quite nice

20127139088_80cc344df2_b.jpg

Edited by Freb