Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aluka

Toilets Bowls - Where To Buy?

Hi,

Anyone who can throw light on where to buy quality toilet bowls and sanitary wares?

I found most of the forum thread is outdated on this subject.

Anyone who has recently bought or done some research, please share details on various brands / models like Toto, Otto, Baron, Arino, Caprio, Johnson Suisse, Grohe, Bravat.

Has anyone come across a brand called MDM (supposed to be Malaysia brand with nice features!)

Thanks in Advance.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I will direct u to an Sansei Singapore. They have quite a fair bit of expensive quality stuffs.

You can find WC in Geylang, shops like Universal Union, Wasser Bath, Heritage etc. etc.

good price and just bargain with them you get a good deal

Edited by CyrusBangcaya

• Like 1

I will direct u to an Sansei Singapore. They have quite a fair bit of expensive quality stuffs.

Hi Bro. where is Sansei?

Since there is not much information available in Renotalk blog and forums on the choice of sanitary products - WCs and Toilets, available in the market, I decided to do a research. After spending few days of my time in going around and visiting various shops, I have compiled below some of my research in WC and toilet products (1 piece models only):

Jalan Besar area:

I started visiting the shops in traffic direction from Lavender Street.

1. Poh Joo Hardware, 389 Jalan Besar (opp. Lavender Square):

My first stop. Brands they carry & promote are mostly Clayton only. Clayton prices seem to be on the cheaper side. But models don't inspire much. Also they carry other brands like Arino but very limited choice and price seems to be more expensive than others for such brands.

2. Hupfarri Bathroom, 255, Jalan Besar.

My second stop. Nice, big showroom carrying primarily OTTO products. The staff are knowledgeable and able to explain the products in detail. But pricing is at a premium. For eg., a model like 7030 WC, the price quoted is $599 inclusive of a $300 FREE basin. Mind you - some decent basins cost $350 here; so you need to top-up another $50. Man, use this showroom to learn about the products and buy somewhere!

Warning: Be careful - as some models are P-trap only with exposed back; not be suitable for HDB's, unless you use a converter. You will still have to live with the exposed back.

3. Fullsun Marketing, 146, Jalan Besar

3rd stop after third time! Don't get it right? They are like an Corporate office. Work only on weekdays. No weekend service. So I had to come here 3rd time. Please ensure you visit them only on weekdays and office hours only. Premium products right - you have to bear it!

They market TOTO products. Well need not say much. Basic models start at $850 and move upwards of $1100 for decent ones.

Ofcourse they claim to give you 20% discount on the list prices mentioned above. Also bear in mind, most of their models only cater to P-trap WC's; so not really suitable for poor HDB cousin's (like me!) unless you opt for converter to fit in the existing floor type S-trap's in HDB's. With being not comfortable with this converter stuff, I decided to walk out of the showroom.

With my dreams of doing my stuff on a luxurious TOTO smashed, I decided to take a break and have a humble Nasi Briyani and Teh Halia to refreshen in Little India.

4. GR Link Marketing, 155 Jalan Besar (just opp Fullsun)

I have read enough about them from Renotalk especially the very sweet lady and Uncle Ben, the owner.

Brightly lit showroom, although much smaller than Hupfarri and Fullsun; products are neatly arranged. Friendly service and lots of advice.

Models that impressed me here are:

1. Baron WC 888 (1 piece) with Geberit flush - 10 years warranty $389

2. Inspire 6081 (1 piece) with Geberit flush - 10 years warranty $399

3. OTTO Mercury (1 piece) - 10 years warranty $350

Add $68 and get a wash basin from the available choices. As usual, available choices don't impress me and I then see something that needs top up of $120.

5. Eng Soon Huat Hardware Merchant Pte Ltd 140 Jalan Besar, Next to Fullsun

Not friendly service; not so much variety. Carry few Otto, Inspire, baron & one more chines brand (Caroma or Carona). I took note of the models and moved on quickly.

6. Poh Seng Hardware Enterprise, 153, Jln Besar (just next to GR Link Marketing)

ALL prices here are inclusive of GST. Very experienced Uncle – Mr. Seah Boon Seng.

Prices seem to be cheaper than GR Link Marketing.

Models suggested by him:

1. Arino Caprio WC with Geberit (1 piece) new model where the top flushing system cover is invisible) with heavy duty seat cover $320

2. Treo T200 WC with Geberit (1 piece) - with a nice oblong shape; looks really nice. But more expensive than Arino Caprio. $380

7. Royal Fanco, 135 Jalan Besar

Highly recommended by many people in Renotalk;

Small showroom; cramped; not much on display; price seems to be cheapest especially if you go for package deal ie., WC+Basin.

Models suggested:

Baron (830x370x700) SINGLE PIECE $399 with basin

With slim seat cover add $30

Magnum (640x360X780) Single Piece with new slim seat cover – same price.

The slim seat cover was very impressive. No other shop seems to have that.

8. Ideal Merchandise, Block 808, French Road, #02-21

Had a big difficulty to locate this shop. It is above NTUC.

Specialize in Bidet primarily for Toto, Bravat and other high end models. Approx cost $350 for a bidet.

Not much focus on selling WC's. More interested in pricing a bundle offering of Bidet+WC.

Geylang/Tanjong Katong:

9. Hoe Kee, Tanjong Katong Plaza

Carry mainly their inhouse brand Roz. Didn't see the designs to be modern and contemporary. So left the shop quickly and headed to Geyland Road.

10. Wasserbath, Geylang Road

WC’s : only deal with IXIS brand; supplied to many private condo project; Offer for GSS period $599 with Basin.

WC's look decent and nice. Not heard of this brand much.

11. Heritage Bathroom, Geylang Road

Carry Toto Brand. Prices are very competitive for Toto. (seems better than Fullsun); but no display.

Suggested models:

Inspire 6081 WC (1 piece) with Geberit ($320). Most competitive price.

Baron 888 WC (similar to Inspire 6081) was $290. Again most competitive price.

12. Universal Union: not so impressive. not much knowledge from staff to explain.

13. *spam: give it a miss. - too tired leh!

Not visited from original list:

14. Bathroom Warehouse, Changi

Guess, this gives you an idea of where/what to shop.. Happy shopping! :thumbs up:

• Like 1

I bought all my sanitary, basins, kitchen basin (carysill), cooker hood, hob and oven (Bosch) from Heritage. Their price is the most competitive so far.

If you have time, buy during the various big companies annual sale.. Can get good bargains if your timing is right. Got some stuff during sansei, kohler and j Suisse sales.

Hi TITW, can I ask when these annual sales usually happen? TIA! :)

If you have time, buy during the various big companies annual sale.. Can get good bargains if your timing is right. Got some stuff during sansei, kohler and j Suisse sales.

Sometimes if you hang around often, the staff may hint to you. Fyi, Sansei having some offers for Duravit now.. you might want to check it out? Till end Sept.. you can goto their website.

I think, It is really a somewhat difficult thing to get the quality toilet bowls. At online, many companies are providing the best sanctuary works. In my view, Based upon the branded companies we can buy them.

tub to shower conversion cost

If you have money to spend, go for TOTO. Only downside, most of their models are designed for "P" Trap ie., the outlet hole in the wall. If you want to use for "S" trap (hole in floor), then a converter is needed. Usually plastic converter is recommended. But I am bit sceptical about it.

Other famous brands like American Standard, Lauren, Bravat etc., are available in few shops. But choice is limited. And not much on display except in TOTO showrooms.

Read my report above (post #5) to get an idea of other brands.

I believe Hansgrohe and Interior Affairs are having their annual sales this weekend. You may wish to have a look.

Someone told me Heritage Bathroom @ Geylang is having a SALE!

Baron W888 WC + Basin @ $ 390

Happy shopping!

Someone told me Heritage Bathroom @ Geylang is having a SALE!

Baron W888 WC + Basin @ $ 390

Happy shopping!

Hi aluka...thanks for this thread. Indeed, most of the previous posts on this topic are outdated. I actually used your 'roadmap' to do my walkabout around Jalan Besar today...heh.

My problem is I'm only looking for American Standard or another reliable angmoh brand thts made in angmoh country, not MIC.

Toilet you cannot afford to scrimp on ma...supposed to last forever. My prev home used American Standard and it lasted for over 10yrs, and if u notice a lot of posh hotels etc also use American Standard. I'm not an expert on toilets, but I believe this is because American Standard lasts and is very durable (eg. Hotels and commercial buildings a lot of ppl use every day...and with the abysmal levels of care that we don't use in our own precious homes).

But i read American Standard has been bought over by a Japanese brand. Which is confusing cos in the US they are still being sold regularly.

Anyway none of the shops on ur list along that row actually have American Standard... some clueless sales people had nvr even heard of it!

:( Anyone knows where I can get...? Or at least around the same standards n price around Toto? I'm ok with Toto quality but really hate the name... i hate gambling hahaa

Since there is not much information available in Renotalk blog and forums on the choice of sanitary products - WCs and Toilets, available in the market, I decided to do a research. After spending few days of my time in going around and visiting various shops, I have compiled below some of my research in WC and toilet products (1 piece models only):

Jalan Besar area:

I started visiting the shops in traffic direction from Lavender Street.

1. Poh Joo Hardware, 389 Jalan Besar (opp. Lavender Square):

My first stop. Brands they carry & promote are mostly Clayton only. Clayton prices seem to be on the cheaper side. But models don't inspire much. Also they carry other brands like Arino but very limited choice and price seems to be more expensive than others for such brands.

2. Hupfarri Bathroom, 255, Jalan Besar.

My second stop. Nice, big showroom carrying primarily OTTO products. The staff are knowledgeable and able to explain the products in detail. But pricing is at a premium. For eg., a model like 7030 WC, the price quoted is $599 inclusive of a $300 FREE basin. Mind you - some decent basins cost $350 here; so you need to top-up another $50. Man, use this showroom to learn about the products and buy somewhere!

Warning: Be careful - as some models are P-trap only with exposed back; not be suitable for HDB's, unless you use a converter. You will still have to live with the exposed back.

3. Fullsun Marketing, 146, Jalan Besar

3rd stop after third time! Don't get it right? They are like an Corporate office. Work only on weekdays. No weekend service. So I had to come here 3rd time. Please ensure you visit them only on weekdays and office hours only. Premium products right - you have to bear it!

They market TOTO products. Well need not say much. Basic models start at $850 and move upwards of $1100 for decent ones.

Ofcourse they claim to give you 20% discount on the list prices mentioned above. Also bear in mind, most of their models only cater to P-trap WC's; so not really suitable for poor HDB cousin's (like me!) unless you opt for converter to fit in the existing floor type S-trap's in HDB's. With being not comfortable with this converter stuff, I decided to walk out of the showroom.

With my dreams of doing my stuff on a luxurious TOTO smashed, I decided to take a break and have a humble Nasi Briyani and Teh Halia to refreshen in Little India.

4. GR Link Marketing, 155 Jalan Besar (just opp Fullsun)

I have read enough about them from Renotalk especially the very sweet lady and Uncle Ben, the owner.

Brightly lit showroom, although much smaller than Hupfarri and Fullsun; products are neatly arranged. Friendly service and lots of advice.

Models that impressed me here are:

1. Baron WC 888 (1 piece) with Geberit flush - 10 years warranty $389

2. Inspire 6081 (1 piece) with Geberit flush - 10 years warranty $399

3. OTTO Mercury (1 piece) - 10 years warranty $350

Add $68 and get a wash basin from the available choices. As usual, available choices don't impress me and I then see something that needs top up of $120.

5. Eng Soon Huat Hardware Merchant Pte Ltd 140 Jalan Besar, Next to Fullsun

Not friendly service; not so much variety. Carry few Otto, Inspire, baron & one more chines brand (Caroma or Carona). I took note of the models and moved on quickly.

6. Poh Seng Hardware Enterprise, 153, Jln Besar (just next to GR Link Marketing)

ALL prices here are inclusive of GST. Very experienced Uncle – Mr. Seah Boon Seng.

Prices seem to be cheaper than GR Link Marketing.

Models suggested by him:

1. Arino Caprio WC with Geberit (1 piece) new model where the top flushing system cover is invisible) with heavy duty seat cover $320

2. Treo T200 WC with Geberit (1 piece) - with a nice oblong shape; looks really nice. But more expensive than Arino Caprio. $380

7. Royal Fanco, 135 Jalan Besar

Highly recommended by many people in Renotalk;

Small showroom; cramped; not much on display; price seems to be cheapest especially if you go for package deal ie., WC+Basin.

Models suggested:

Baron (830x370x700) SINGLE PIECE $399 with basin

With slim seat cover add $30

Magnum (640x360X780) Single Piece with new slim seat cover – same price.

The slim seat cover was very impressive. No other shop seems to have that.

8. Ideal Merchandise, Block 808, French Road, #02-21

Had a big difficulty to locate this shop. It is above NTUC.

Specialize in Bidet primarily for Toto, Bravat and other high end models. Approx cost $350 for a bidet.

Not much focus on selling WC's. More interested in pricing a bundle offering of Bidet+WC.

Geylang/Tanjong Katong:

9. Hoe Kee, Tanjong Katong Plaza

Carry mainly their inhouse brand Roz. Didn't see the designs to be modern and contemporary. So left the shop quickly and headed to Geyland Road.

10. Wasserbath, Geylang Road

WC’s : only deal with IXIS brand; supplied to many private condo project; Offer for GSS period $599 with Basin.

WC's look decent and nice. Not heard of this brand much.

11. Heritage Bathroom, Geylang Road

Carry Toto Brand. Prices are very competitive for Toto. (seems better than Fullsun); but no display.

Suggested models:

Inspire 6081 WC (1 piece) with Geberit ($320). Most competitive price.

Baron 888 WC (similar to Inspire 6081) was $290. Again most competitive price.

12. Universal Union: not so impressive. not much knowledge from staff to explain.

13. *spam: give it a miss. - too tired leh!

Not visited from original list:

14. Bathroom Warehouse, Changi

Guess, this gives you an idea of where/what to shop.. Happy shopping! :thumbs up:

Perhaps just to share with fellow forumners for future reference, the things that I believe I learnt from my walkabout.

1. Johnson Suisse - Malaysia brand, don't know made in MY or China

2. Inspire - China

3. Otto - Local brand but MIC

4. Caribbean - Local brand but MIC. No, not from the Caribbean :D

5. Carona - China

6. Baron - MIC

7. Crizto - Thai brand, but MIC

Please correct me if my info is wrong? And please add on any other brands you know of that others might find useful...?

Thanks (: