Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All,

Anyone can share generally the payment terms different terms? Generally I find that always the last term is just 5%.

Could we negotiate the payment terms differently?

Also usually how much to pay & see 3D drawings?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi titank,

Generally, the payment term is spread into 4-5 parts. You can try negotiating the payment terms to your likings with the renovator accordingly by the way. For 3D Drawings, it depends on the price per piece the ID quote you, the charges can range from $50-xxxx. Heck that, i think most ID will usually waive the 3d drawings in good will if you sign with them so virtually the 3D drawings can be considered free.

This is just a general guideline, different renovating film have different collection phase.

Usually upon confirmation of contract (10-20%).

Commencement of Work (20-30%)

Start of Wetwork/Carpentry(20-30%)

Touch up (5-15%)

• Like 1

Hi titank,

Generally, the payment term is spread into 4-5 parts. You can try negotiating the payment terms to your likings with the renovator accordingly by the way. For 3D Drawings, it depends on the price per piece the ID quote you, the charges can range from $50-xxxx. Heck that, i think most ID will usually waive the 3d drawings in good will if you sign with them so virtually the 3D drawings can be considered free.

This is just a general guideline, different renovating film have different collection phase.

Usually upon confirmation of contract (10-20%).

Commencement of Work (20-30%)

Start of Wetwork/Carpentry(20-30%)

Touch up (5-15%)

Yes at the most I could get is the quotations from various ID. To proceed on to see the 3D drawings mean mostly have to proceed signing up with them unless pay 3D drawings & walk away.

Currently I had one is asking me to pay $1,000 to see 3D drawings. I have yet to see the quotation yet in order to do comparision.

Just to share with you guys..

We thought we have got ourselves a very good and nice ID from orangecube. Throughout the whole Reno process, rapport is good and we trusted him very much. Even when some carpentry works are done wrongly, we accepted it since he was very nice and sincere. he too offered to make it up to us by giving us other items etc. when we shifted in, some of the works are not completed but he asked us to settle the balance. We hesitated but again, based on the past 1 mth plus of rapport, we paid because ID said he needs to eat.

So that's it. After settling the balance, the leftover work takes forever up till today( its been 2 mths), no confirmation from him at all. Either no reply or calls are avoided. Then we started to use different number to call him. Excuses given are he is in a meeting, he is busy, he will get back to us or his carpenter side haven't give him confirmation. We have been very patient because we do not want to blow up the matter and create unnecessary argument. We just want to get it over and done with so we can have our housewarming. We wasted so much time and energy but still our leftover carpentry work is still not done. So we decided to post in forum to let pple be more aware when you want to settle the final payment to the ID. And also hope to hear some feedbacks on how we shld go about resolving this issue. At the same time, we will also call CASE and if there's a need to, we will go to small claims. It's really very devastating and frustrating.

Cadence123 I think you are being too nice, should have go to their FB and expose him, it will save a lot of people from signing up with them. Make them pay more by losing customers just because they want to take a little from you.

Threaten them that u will file a small claim against them, go to their showroom and scream u want to speak to their boss. If your case is genuine, there is nothing they can do to u except watching their business shrinking day by day.

Daddywinter,

The thing is, whenever we ask him about the leftover work, he is very apologetic and keep telling us the same old story again. But it seems like he is dragging our time and delaying until to the point we will stop chasing him. And this week, my hubby couldn't get through his number at all until we use a different number. So I believe he barred our number.

I did call case today and yup they mention they will try to mediate for us but we can Always go straight to small claim. I am considering to go down to his office to make noise but I think the ID will use the same tactic again, being apologetic and keep saying will confirm again since there's no date stated in our contract on when must the work he delivered.

And via my post in this forum, there's a fellow user that also pm me cuz she is having some issues with the same id as well. So at least I can warn her and others about making the final payment to ID.

Hi,

We recently sign up with an ID over the package however there are additional items costs atleast 2 to 3 times higher compared to market value. Works & 3d drawings have nt started at all. We have paid 10% deposit & id claims that once bank loan approved, will return back deposit & start drawings. Meanwhile we wait.

Is this the correct way? We are thinking to not go with them& want back the deposit. Feel dubious over them

Edited by Happycouple

I feel quite scared to ask back the deposit scally he comes out with reasons. We signed the quotation & gave us 2 copies , 1 for banker & us. He did tell us that if he starts the drawings, deposit cant be return.

Just to chk in the event we choose to do some works with him & the rest we outsource to other I.Ds, will the balance money be returned back to us since taking reno loan & they address to company name.