Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mysapporo

My First Renovation Journey (Bukit Batok 4A Resale)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there! Welcome! My house just started renovation too!

If that was my house, I would probably go with option C. Alternatively, I might put the TV next to the main door?

Hi FirstTimeOwner, great layout you have there. And big space too. Wish you a smooth journey ahead!

Hahaha, out of the 4 IDs I met, 2 suggested Option C. Main reason given is the TV can be placed in front of the longest wall in the living hall, and hence more da fang. :)

Heard from some forumers that Doctor Door service is quite lousy but product wise is quite good.

For lock you can explore Yale, I remember seeing them having lock for both Metal gate and wooden door.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Heard from some forumers that Doctor Door service is quite lousy but product wise is quite good.

For lock you can explore Yale, I remember seeing them having lock for both Metal gate and wooden door.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks Songz. You are always so helpful!

An Digital Lock's price is quite competitive as well. Got the contact from OceanEleven's t-blog (like his metal gate) and got a good price that is even better than Doctor Doors. So likely to go with An. However, An doesn't do metal gate so I gotta source for another supplier for that.

In short, likely to get these from An:

Veneer doors for bedrooms

Fire rated main door

Digital lock for gate and door

Just went for my first appointment today! Finally felt settled down. Also a (small) sense of accomplishment because I did not have an agent. Completion Appointment on 16 Sep. I have exactly 6 weeks more to confirm my ID!!

All the best for your Reno!

Hallo Rose38, thanks! So envious of your nice marble tiles!

Thanks for the short feedback on Royal Fanco and Heritage. I will definitely check them out!

Wish you a smooth reno journey ahead!

Hi Bianzi,

Your profile pic is funny!

Still at pre-renovation stage so I am just asking around for prices. Was quoted $1000 for single leaf fire rated door and $300 for veneer door for bedroom (with lever lock and stopper).

HTH!

Today's topic: Ceiling Fans

Tips from KDK's FB page. https://www.facebook.com/kdkleaderinfantechnology

How to choose a right ceiling fan

Choosing a ceiling fan location
Fan should be placed in the centre of the room, unless the space is too large and require 2 or more fans for better airflow. For safety reasons, we recommend to avoid installing a fan directly above a bed. ---> Er... is this so? All HDB rooms are so small so it is quite hard and strange (in terms of layout) to not install a fan in the middle of the room???

Depending the room size
A large bedroom or living room would require a large ceiling fan (blade length: 56 to 60 inches) to move the air effectively. For smaller room, fan blade length between 44-56 inches will be adequate. However, the size of the fan also depends on individual needs.

Mounting measurements
A ceiling fan needs to be 2.3 – 2.8metres, from the floor, with the blade tips at least 0.6metres away from walls or tall furniture. If you're using more than 1 ceiling fan, do ensure to install them 3 metres away from each other (distance between the downrod).

Ceiling height
Room with high ceiling requires a more powerful fan to promote air circulation. Ideally, a ceiling fan should be at least 2.3 – 2.8meters from the floor.

In situations when the ceiling is extremely high, extension fan down rod can be used. A general formula for calculating down rod length is to take the ceiling height less 2.3 – 2.8metres. Example, if your ceiling height is 3.65metres, after deducting 2.3metres (from the floor), the down rod required is 1metre long.

I remember some KDK ceiling fan have long rod, please check with the seller to see if they have the shorter kind when you purchase.

I remember some KDK ceiling fan have long rod, please check with the seller to see if they have the shorter kind when you purchase.

Wasn't aware of the long/sort rod. Will definitely take note when I start searching for the room ceiling fan. Thanks, Songz.