Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Karyn Tan

#homeofyeo (A Humble 4 Rm Bto)

Like the half height tile effect in the toilet. And grey and white works like a charm every time.

Never knew craftstone came with corner tiles! thats so smart. Even on a normal wall it would make it look more authentic. I specified under the "additional comments" bit when buying from TB that the goods would be shipped overseas to singapore and asked them to pack it better.

My loot has just arrived and I haven't had the chance to inspect them all yet but we will see if that comment helped. haha.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow, Songz sharp observation there!

Thanks for the tip! Lucky for us, we aren't the heavy cooking sort otherwise it would be a major headache!

Dwinsplace,

Yes, I'm sooo in love with that color theme.

My exact sentiments on the corner tiles. Love it how it is brilliantly thought out, kudos to my hubby's intensive research.

What are the items have you purchased from TB so far? Which agent are you using? Do share your experience! :)

Edited by KarynTan

Hi,

Mind to pm me your ID?

And which forwarder you are using for your TB purchase?

Btw.. We have the same layout.. Hougang PV?

Hi,

Mind to pm me your ID?

And which forwarder you are using for your TB purchase?

Btw.. We have the same layout.. Hougang PV?

Sorry, haven't been logging in here. Was occupied with seeking out cheap and good deals to furnish the home.

Yes!! PV!!! Hello, future neighbor, Blk?? Level?

I'll PM you shortly! :)

Edited by KarynTan

Hello again,

Didn't mean to disappear for too long.

Here comes...

CHAPTER 4: TILES LAYING

Having gone through rounds of discussions, we finally took a trip down to the tile shop to make our selection.

These are what we chose:

gallery_62756_469_262495.jpg

#1 Subway Tiles: Bathroom

#2 Peranakan tiles: Foyer

#3 Cement-like tiles: Bedrooms

#4 Wood-like tiles: Living/Dining area

#5 HoneyComb tiles: Kitchen Backsplash

Daring choice? Don't care… just whack. Hahaha

We realized that we have actually exceeded our budget after selecting the tiles and left item #1 and #5 out from the local supplier. Instead, we got it directly from China!

Here are the 3D drawings based on our tiles and laminate selection:

gallery_62756_469_190921.jpg

gallery_62756_469_211381.jpg

A lot of tiles = a lot of maintenance. Yep, we have heard.

It really doesn't matter now cause to my hubby and I, it's Ai Swee Mai Mia (choose aesthetics over easy maintenance) .

Since it is our first home, we have forgone any reservations and went with our gut feelings. If we don't personalize it and make it our space, when would we ever get this chance again?

These 3D drawings are to provide only a perspective and does not reflect the finer details such as furnishings and bathroom fittings.

We couldn't quite start work until all the tiles arrived. On a hindsight, we should have placed our orders from China earlier.

This is how it looks like when it eventually arrived.

gallery_62756_469_210261.jpg

This is only the first shipment. We have purchased our stuff periodically and as we are speaking right now, we are waiting for our 2nd shipment to arrive.

We checked the boxes and most of the items arrived in good condition.

The craftstone bricks we ordered below:

gallery_62756_469_362708.jpg

The regular craftstone bricks turned out fine but many of the corner bricks didn't survive the hazardous shipping. Thank goodness we ordered plenty of extras of the corner bricks. In the end, we had sufficient left to fill what was needed.

Here's a parting shot to tease your "appetite".

We didn't plan for this but these peranakan tiles made its way here after a very quick and spontaneous discussion with the tiler.

gallery_62756_469_456379.jpg

More on the renovation progress in my next post!

Hihi, I'm loving the design of your house!

Am thinking if you want to consider laying the tiles for your shower area to full height for easier maintenance? Coz when you bathe, water will splash onto the wall. Wondering if the painted portion of the wall may get mouldy over time?

Hello, Mrs Khoo!

Thanks for the comment!

We wanted to have some flexibility in the bathroom so that we can opt to paint the walls over with other colors from time to time or simply add an additional coat of paint to freshen it up.

I don't think it would get that mouldy though… I somehow recall that bathrooms in old flats are done up similarly too. Nonetheless, we have requested for weatherbond paint to combat the wetness. :notti:

What?!? Has it been nearly 10 days since I last updated on the progress on my home renovation?

Well… that is about as much as the progress I am experiencing in reality since the carpenter came down to take the measurements for carpentry works and nothing else moved.

Honestly, I ain't quite sure how to continue with my update as everything is pretty much hanging but nonetheless, I am now presenting…

CHAPTER 5: Work-In-Progress

The tiling works had long been done and we were just waiting for more works to be added.

gallery_62756_469_54710.jpg

The floorings and wall tiles are all up, followed by the lightings. A day/night comparison of how our feature wall looks like.

Did I mention that the track lights were also purchased from the amazing TB? It has been turned on/off several times and left on each time we visit. These track lights are running perfectly well till date.

The hubby also purchased some amazing lights for the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen and even service yard. What is amazing is that the lights come with remote control which you can adjust cool or warm light, bright or dim light to your liking. You can even switch off the lights from the remote if you are too lazy to walk over to the switch to do so.

gallery_62756_469_207423.jpg

And our beloved peranakan tiles that sit proudly along our bedroom walkway. We love how cozy it looks when the lights hit on it.

gallery_62756_469_434497.jpg

It took one weekend day to put up the lights and put back the bathroom fittings. Pardon the mess. The hubby and I camped at the flat to fix up the DIY cabinets which we bought from Ikea and TB.

This chapter to be continued with the pictures of my bathroom in its 70% done state… BRB

Edited by KarynTan

Looks awesome! yeah the middle bit of the reno can be a tad boring. Lots of infrastructure stuff that needs to be done so nothing much to post.

I think I bought the same track lights but didnt come across any remote for it. Well, i bought that one at first, and then got told that it was WAY too big and changed to a thinner model.

Ooh the track lights didn't come with remote But it's another type of lights, I didn't post the pics. Sorry for confusing.

But hey, we also got the bigger sized ones. we thought they looked alright so we are sticking with it.

Totally loving the patterned tiles in your corridor! brightens up a usually neglected space!

Thinking of using those tiles on my balcony, but am still undecided

Hi

Any leftover for the craftstone including those comes with corner design? If yes, let me know as i got plans to DIY on a small wall.

Cheers