Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tampan

Panda's Resort Habitat

Early 2014:

I and hubby started to hunt down a place to called HOME. Then after few weekends viewing, we finally found a place that both of us like, near the Causeway. Although, it was at the highest floor, we can't get the corner unit that suited our need. So we just settled down at this corridor unit with the area around 100 sqm.

Our floor plan:

BBCode

• Like 2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks all! Reading some of ur posts are really exciting coz it helped us on some useful infos about reno.

Yes, finally we decided on resort theme, though we gave much thought on others concepts, such as scandinavia, country style, mediterania and japanese zen.

My hubby definitely loves raw scandinavia concepts like brick wall, stucco wall with stone effect, exposed trunking, and those industrial look. But I insisted him on not doing some of them,coz of maintenance!

Don't want to stuck myself with dusts issues, cleaning stuff and so on.

So we went back to discuss finding out what we both love.

Eventually, we like those cozy atmosphere, relaxing feeling and not totally modern style.

That's what we find the best for both of us "Resort"!!

Haha, after so many times we discuss en discuss, finally we set our heart into it.

Mid April 14: Went for our 1st appointment. Done wit it.

10th Jun 14: 2nd Appointment and wait for another month for the key settlement.

4th Jul 14: Finally the key is with us, yeahhh...after three more months of waiting.

Here the upload of photos we took after it was cleaned up....

Living Room Hall:

gallery_12000_476_33898.jpg

Dining Room:

gallery_12000_476_47893.jpg

The layout plan proposed by our ID on items that we are going to do... :)

gallery_12000_476_49454.jpg

Breakdown on those items are...

1. Hacking both bathrooms, kitchen and balcony

2. Re tiling and make good for both bathrooms, kitchen and balcony

3. Rerun the piping for both bathrooms

4. Carpentry work include kitchen cabinets, MBR vanity, MBR wardrobe, TV console, Altar

5. Build back the wall between living and kitchen to conceal the kitchen

6. Change all the bedrooms doors and bathrooms doors

7. Dismantle the cornices of whole house

8. Rerun the AC piping

9. Rewiring

10. Painting

Edited by tampan

Definitely I'll skip the ID & contractor selection process here, coz we met almost many IDs and Contractors even I lost count on the number.

Being the first timer of having a house and doing reno, we don't know how much the market price of items we plan to do.

That's why my hubby insisted to meet many of them to get their quote and make the comparison.

But, at the end we chose to go with an ID as both of us are working and we think that an ID can help us follow up the reno closely.

Besides, he can help us to achieve the design both of us want.

We also get 3D drawing from him on living room, kitchen, bathrooms, and MBR. Though we havent scanned the drawing into our comp, so we cant share it now. Maybe next week then. :);)

So cut to the story short, now we are in our 3rd week renovation. :sport-smiley-018:

It's so exciting to see the house keep transforming to better shape.

First 3 days of Reno --- Hacking! Yeah, definitely...

gallery_12000_476_58668.jpg

gallery_12000_476_55691.jpg

Haha, this is our common bathrooom, but the hacking people place the kitchen cabinet inside, dunno for what purpose :dunno:

gallery_12000_476_78124.jpg

gallery_12000_476_1308.jpg

The hacking itself were quite fast, as we dropped by our place on the 3rd day, all the messy hacking stuff were done.

Till my hubby asked me whether should we ask the ID's people to slow down coz we haven't purchase those next reno stuffs, such as bathrooms WCs en accessories.

Our lightning were also not here yet, as we eventually got it most of the items from Taobao. Thanks to Oceaneleven blogs!!, it's really inspired us to get it online.

Since we realised that the prices of the lightning in local are much more exp and we dunno think that they are worth the money to pay.

But, we also did realise that buying online always has it risk, if the thing is not turned out as what we expect or it is broken down during the usage.

Our ID keeps reminding us better not to get them online, no warranty and no assurance of quality of stuffs and so on.

But, we can't resist to google and buy them in. So let's see lor!

Now juz cross fingers to see them till they are reach here. Then, we will review how they are.

Edited by tampan

Our lightning were also not here yet, as we eventually got it most of the items from Taobao. Thanks to Oceaneleven blogs!!, it's really inspired us to get it online.

Since we realised that the prices of the lightning in local are much more exp and we dunno think that they are worth the money to pay.

But, we also did realise that buying online always has it risk, if the thing is not turned out as what we expect or it is broken down during the usage.

Our ID keeps reminding us better not to get them online, no warranty and no assurance of quality of stuffs and so on.

But, we can't resist to google and buy them in. So let's see lor!

Now juz cross fingers to see them till they are reach here. Then, we will review how they are.

Your ID's concern are valid but the price difference is too great to ignore.

Follow a few simple rules and most of the time items purchase will be of acceptable standard.

Most go for small items such as deco and accessories and I recommend to buy from Tmall.

Tmall are more reputable sellers and quality of substantial standard.

If possible avoid big tix electrical items unless you are very sure and happy with what you see.

Myself got almost all the house lighting plus a steam iron (brand Midea) which I know.

Certain items like furniture is a huge draw, eg dining table, chairs, TV console etc.

They are often more than 40% cheaper than local. Myself had seen quite a few tables and chairs and the quality is pretty good.

Likewise, local sellers are also importing from China as well, makes no sense for us to pay other's wages and rental.

The disadvantage part is when you have a lemon, you have to swallow it most of the time, especially for smaller items.

So, make merry and continue shopping which I am still doing till date. :good:

Edited by OceanEleven

Your ID's concern are valid but the price difference is too great to ignore.

Follow a few simple rules and most of the time items purchase will be of acceptable standard.

Most go for small items such as deco and accessories and I recommend to buy from Tmall.

Tmall are more reputable sellers and quality of substantial standard.

If possible avoid big tix electrical items unless you are very sure and happy with what you see.

Myself got almost all the house lighting plus a steam iron (brand Midea) which I know.

Certain items like furniture is a huge draw, eg dining table, chairs, TV console etc.

They are often more than 40% cheaper than local. Myself had seen quite a few tables and chairs and the quality is pretty good.

Likewise, local sellers are also importing from China as well, makes no sense for us to pay other's wages and rental.

The disadvantage part is when you have a lemon, you have to swallow it most of the time, especially for smaller items.

So, make merry and continue shopping which I am still doing till date. :good:

Yeahh, definitely agree with what u said! We also tried to get some from Tmall and we used Peeka forwarder.

Eventually muz do some homework and read the review or feedback from people who have purchased the item.

Your house is really nice, OceanEleven! Great work for Mr Foo! :good:

Few of the Moodboard photos that capture our eyes when we search around for ideas of Resort Style...

TV Console....

gallery_12000_476_322771.png

gallery_12000_476_252649.jpg

Altar...

gallery_12000_476_31771.jpg

My hubby loves this altar design from one of Mr Foo's creation.

Kitchen:

gallery_12000_476_33284.jpg

gallery_12000_476_144733.jpg

To be continue to next post for bathrooms...

Edited by tampan