Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seowleng

Come Home For Dinner, Ok!...[Repurchased 5Rm Flat In Tampines]

Hi,

I have exactly the same layout as yours, and I am thinking of reno my current flat. Would like to see your ID's drawing and the cost of the reno. And the effect of the open concept kitchen. Thks alot

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Seow Leng,

Can feedback how is your KDK Sensa 5 fan from Malaysia is working now?

I am also tempted to purchase from Tampoi for this model and I think it is around Ringgit $580. (Only titanium silver available).

I was worried the Sensa 5 may not match my black/white theme but yours look great in your house.

I bought 2 black Alpha fans for my 2 other bedrooms and will love to have your feedback. :)

Hi Seow Leng,

Can feedback how is your KDK Sensa 5 fan from Malaysia is working now?

I am also tempted to purchase from Tampoi for this model and I think it is around Ringgit $580. (Only titanium silver available).

I was worried the Sensa 5 may not match my black/white theme but yours look great in your house.

I bought 2 black Alpha fans for my 2 other bedrooms and will love to have your feedback. :)

Hi, Ken82,

Fan is great! i have friends who came to my house and said my KDK is so quiet compared to his Amasco.

it has 7 speed, usually i use up to speed 2-4 only.

make sure your ceiling is flat. if not, it will coz the fan to wobble.

one of my ceiling is a bit slanted, but acceptable. It will wobble a little on speed 7, other than that, its fine.

I got my Sensa 5 from Yes Electrical, JB. cost me RM$560 each. if you have white ceiling, the KDK looks just fine.

I have been using KDK for many years..the quality is very good.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have exactly the same layout as yours, and I am thinking of reno my current flat. Would like to see your ID's drawing and the cost of the reno. And the effect of the open concept kitchen. Thks alot

Hi Eric,

Actually you can see the effect of my open concept kitchen roughly from post #39.

it is definitely more spacious and brighter. it also enables me to place an island where i want it to be.

oh yah, i didn't request for any 3D drawing, becoz i know ID likes to charge extra for that (even though they like to labelled as F.O.C. in quotations).

I somehow has visualised how it would have look like, so didn't bother about the 3D drawing.

After reading a few T-blogs, also realised that some Renotalkers dun believe in 3D drawing, as mostly these type of drawings/software tends to óver-enhance the appearance or space, making you believe that your flat is actually THAT BIG after reno. haha.

Simply loved my kitchen.

another view. Pardon the mess of things...haha.

IMG_0812_zps4aeb00a8.jpg

the open concept view. taken at night, so photo a bit blur and noisy.

sorry for the messy house also. haven fully packed everything yet.

2014-10-15221926_zpsbc4bae63.jpg

搬家!

engaged mover, because I'm not young anymore, one hand carry baby, the other hand hold my daughter hand. and I'm recycling 90% of my furniture! let the professionals do it lah... one word -- they are STRONG! $400 per trip.

IMG_0769_zps4dd18b87.jpg

IMG_0768_zps39e92b50.jpg

more..more...

IMG_0767_zpsdeb58e9f.jpg

and MORE!!!!

IMG_0770_zpsbe507e4d.jpg

my teak sofa! long, huge and heavy. no idea how the squeeze this into the lift!

my landscape rocks!

pssst! the white one is 60+kg....and the grey one is about 80+kg!!!

Leave it to the professionals..leave it to the professionals..

IMG_0772_zps1e4e9db7.jpg

this china guy is strong! i think he is on steroids...he carried one landscape stone all by himself! crazy.... :jawdrop:

IMG_0773_zpsf0f71e86.jpg

$400 is very cheap!!! How many trips did it take?

Hi, Ken82,

Fan is great! i have friends who came to my house and said my KDK is so quiet compared to his Amasco.

one of my ceiling is a bit slanted, but acceptable. It will wobble a little on speed 7, other than that, its fine.

I got my Sensa 5 from Yes Electrical, JB. cost me RM$560 each. if you have white ceiling, the KDK looks just fine.

Oh yes, me bought from YES too. 4 fans total!

$400 is very cheap!!! How many trips did it take?

I budget lah. Only ask for a trip.

Another half trip will cost $200.

My main concerned was those huge furnitures of mine, so I throw all of them to the movers.

Consists of fridge, front load washing machine, dryer, cheat freezer, IKEA shelves, ikea desk, shoe cabinet, teak sofa, queen mattress and custom queen bed frame, daughter single bed, side table and some landscape rocks. Also another about 10 boxes. I let the movers moved those super heavy boxes (ceramic wares, books, files, hardware items,etc) - $400

I have a total of about 50+ flat boxes. I managed to transport over to my new place with the help of my father-in-law trusty old van. Made a total about 10+ trips. The boxes were packed flat so it was easier to move with trolley.

We also engaged the movers for a 2nd trip to move a full set of rosewood sofa (yes, I have 2 sofas at home!) and a exam piano from my MIL house. - $250

For those who worry about boxes, fear not. U can 'lend' boxes from these movers. They charge $2/box for deposit. Upon 30 days return, they will refund the money. If u decide to keep or damage the box, they will charge the $2.

Really different to move a room (1st time when I moved out after marriage to my 1st house) as compared to move a house!!! (Didn't know my daughter has 'collected' SO much toys! Her toys already took up about 5-6 boxes. I skipped my wife amount of boxes just in case she is reading this post...keke

Hope this info helps.

Edited by seowleng

• Like 1

Can ask if your fridge is kept in storage? After moving your fridge is ok? Mine was kept in storage and was full with moulds and dews and the fridge turn smelly, in the end i had to throw my fridge.

Really different to move a room (1st time when I moved out after marriage to my 1st house) as compared to move a house!!! (Didn't know my daughter has 'collected' SO much toys! Her toys already took up about 5-6 boxes. I skipped my wife amount of boxes just in case she is reading this post...keke

Hope this info helps.

You bet. 1st time most of the furniture is new and will be delivered from the retail shop. Now, I'm reusing most of my furniture too.

Still, with "recycling" ... renovation costs still so much higher .... Can't imagine if I had to buy new furniture as well.

Hi, Ken82,

Hi Seow Leng,

Thank you for your tips and feedback.

I feel more assured to get the KDK fans then.

Most probably I will get from Tampoi as I am not familiar with Yes Electrical shop.

Ringgit $560 is a good price!! :D

Glass Wall!

how could i forget this...this is one of the most important and fun part of the house.

IMG_1036_zpsd0c259ab.jpg

Asked Nicholas to install this for me. great for writing...drawing...doodling...

IMG_0965_zps9e163e7f.jpg

my daughter loves it!

IMG_0967_zps7ca6c558.jpg

everyday after work, i went home to a different drawing...i think this is useful as it provides the freedom to scribble on the wall without guilt or scolding..haha.

Thank you, Nicholas!

Love the glass wall! It must be such a joy to come home to your kids' drawings everyday :)

How long did your renovations took?

Can ask if your fridge is kept in storage? After moving your fridge is ok? Mine was kept in storage and was full with moulds and dews and the fridge turn smelly, in the end i had to throw my fridge.

Hi Binzz,

Let me share a few tips for those shifting their fridge.

Preparation:

1) try to finish your food from yr fridge 2 weeks prior to Big Move

2) stop buying tidbits 2 weeks prior to Big Move

3) source for friends or parents who can longbang some space in their fridge

Few days before:

1) throw those expire food away

2) get ice box and make lots of ice

Move day:

1) off electricity 1hr before movers come

2) long bang food items with friends/family

3) put freezer items into ice box with lots of ice

4) let mover move the fridge

5) ONLY ON THE FRIDGE AFTER 2 HOURS AFTER THE MOVE (this is to let the chemical/coolant settle down first)

6) put items into fridge after about 3-4hrs when ur fridge is cold enough

Love the glass wall! It must be such a joy to come home to your kids' drawings everyday :)

Hi sobeckscxl,

Thank you for the comments.

Yes, we love this glass wall very much!

My daughter loves to doodle on the glass wall very much. I use this to write simple sentences for her to learn every few days.

Actually I got this idea from those ice cream cafes..haha

Oh yah, Reno took about 1.5months. Some delay due to HDB permit..approval..blah blah. Citygas also have some delay.