Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seowleng

Come Home For Dinner, Ok!...[Repurchased 5Rm Flat In Tampines]

Hi Seow Leng,

Thank you for your tips and feedback.

I feel more assured to get the KDK fans then.

Most probably I will get from Tampoi as I am not familiar with Yes Electrical shop.

Ringgit $560 is a good price!! :D

Remember to tell customs it's for PERSONAL use if you are buying a few. Else they will tax you. Rember yr "RECEIPT" also! Haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Diva79, woah...i really like your sketchy art...especially 'Countryside'.

Thank you! Absolutely love your kitchen island..

Cant wait to see your flat complete transformation.. :)

Edited by diva79

Hi, do u have the ready table pic? I like the wood grain of ur table top.

more IKEA buys and self install -of coz.

Dining table.

IMG_0717_zps4e6edf01.jpg

simply love the grains of pine wood. cheap and good. $159 from yr friendly IKEA store.

Remember to tell customs it's for PERSONAL use if you are buying a few. Else they will tax you. Rember yr "RECEIPT" also! Haha

Actually, regardless of whether it is for personal use or not, you have to pay GST for goods exceeding S$150 if you had just made a day trip.

If you are interested in going YES Electrical Supply in JB, I posted instructions HERE.

• Like 1

Glass Wall!

how could i forget this...this is one of the most important and fun part of the house.

IMG_1036_zpsd0c259ab.jpg

Asked Nicholas to install this for me. great for writing...drawing...doodling...

IMG_0965_zps9e163e7f.jpg

my daughter loves it!

IMG_0967_zps7ca6c558.jpg

everyday after work, i went home to a different drawing...i think this is useful as it provides the freedom to scribble on the wall without guilt or scolding..haha.

Thank you, Nicholas!

Hi, is this tempered glass? Can share how much is it?

Hi Yogi07,

Yes, it's tempered glass.

Cost is roughly $400.

You can use acrylic as alternative but it will have scratches over time.

Glass will be a harder material. For cleaning, just use whiteboard duster.

Updates:

Installation of Korean Blinds:

went to various curtain/blinds shops asking for quotes. was quoted from a range of $1500 - $1700 for whole house except for service yard.

not convinced, went online. found cheaper options. ordered direct from online and self install.

Results:

image1_zps28c37454.jpg

Left blind is at half close mode, where u can let light in.

Right blind is at close mode, block all sunlight

IMG_1659_zpsd3ecb9c6.jpg

Closer look to see the texture and pattern.

total damage : $500+ including shipping.

So i advise those who are more hands-on to order themselves and install themselves. its just a bracket.(they will provide)

almost got conned by those EXPO fair shops...luckily i spot online quickly enough.

I think "conned" is too strong a word. These people need to earn a living. They have to charge for their services. But of course if you can DIY and save money, good for you!

• Like 1

I think "conned" is too strong a word. These people need to earn a living. They have to charge for their services. But of course if you can DIY and save money, good for you!

Just my thoughts...

Material cost -$550, installation (just brackets, not rocket science) - $1000! (x2 of material cost), and I did the installation is less than 1 hour. Hmmmm...mobile phone - $950, warranty - $1500, does that ring a bell, Mobile Air..is that consider conned or just doing business for a living?)

If the installation price is about $300-400 or 50-100% of material cost, I would say it's making a living. But $1000 is 200% of material cost price..you all do the maths.

I still think a made a right choice.

Hi can share the wooden blind website link, i wouldnt get "conned" too!

Thank u

Hi Blackie,

I ordered my blinds from Qoo10 in fact. I believe all of us know Qoo10 is. It's actually not real wooden blinds. But it has a wood look.

Search 'Blinds' under Qoo10 mobile app, it's the 2nd seller - named 'FOIRE'.

My blind is actually the WOODLOOK - Walnut Colour. Total cost is actually $550. I stay in 5 room flat, so I have a total of 5 windows. I order a total of 8 pcs of blinds. (Living room - 2pcs, Study - 1pcs, 2 bedrooms - 4pcs, MBR - 1pcs)

Hope this will help those in budget to save some cost. Those who need help with installation, I don't mind doing some sideline freelance. Haha, but I won't charge $1000! Haha!

Hi Blackie,

I ordered my blinds from Qoo10 in fact. I believe all of us know Qoo10 is. It's actually not real wooden blinds. But it has a wood look.

Search 'Blinds' under Qoo10 mobile app, it's the 2nd seller - named 'FOIRE'.

My blind is actually the WOODLOOK - Walnut Colour. Total cost is actually $550. I stay in 5 room flat, so I have a total of 5 windows. I order a total of 8 pcs of blinds. (Living room - 2pcs, Study - 1pcs, 2 bedrooms - 4pcs, MBR - 1pcs)

Hope this will help those in budget to save some cost. Those who need help with installation, I don't mind doing some sideline freelance. Haha, but I won't charge $1000! Haha!

Hey thanks for sharing!! I know i dont have to kneel down for "wooden" blinds. Is it plastic material? Thinking of removal the entire set using water to clean. Is it okay??