Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seowleng

Come Home For Dinner, Ok!...[Repurchased 5Rm Flat In Tampines]

Hey thanks for sharing!! I know i dont have to kneel down for "wooden" blinds. Is it plastic material? Thinking of removal the entire set using water to clean. Is it okay??

Hi Blackie,

it's actually polyester material. so for cleaning wise, you can clean it using a wet cloth or just vacuum it.

do also note that the material is only 'dim-out' and not 'black-out'. but its good enough to block afternoon sun and provides privacy for changing.

the link is here : http://list.qoo10.sg/item/ROLLER-BLIND-BLACKOUT-ROMAN-VENETIAN/406118278

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

purchased from Amazon:

IMG_1677_zpsd2ed3571.jpg

digital door bell. the sound is really realistic like traditional door bell, yet not like China type of wireless doorbell.

if u go see on Amazon website, it actually have the sample sounds.

it can even pair with Honeywell movement sensor (sold seperately)

Just my thoughts...

Material cost -$550, installation (just brackets, not rocket science) - $1000! (x2 of material cost), and I did the installation is less than 1 hour. Hmmmm...mobile phone - $950, warranty - $1500, does that ring a bell, Mobile Air..is that consider conned or just doing business for a living?)

If the installation price is about $300-400 or 50-100% of material cost, I would say it's making a living. But $1000 is 200% of material cost price..you all do the maths.

I still think a made a right choice.

If the shops quote you $1,500, how can that be cheating? His cost may be cheaper and more expensive than $500, depending on his overheads or source. At most, he is expensive. Mobile Air is totally different. If you agree on a price of $950, then after the customer pays you $950, you demand another $1,500, that is cheating. It is criminal.

Anyway, if you could DIY, it is definitely a good choice. No doubt about it. I also DIY installation of blinds before. Some easy, some difficult.

If the shops quote you $1,500, how can that be cheating? His cost may be cheaper and more expensive than $500, depending on his overheads or source. At most, he is expensive. Mobile Air is totally different. If you agree on a price of $950, then after the customer pays you $950, you demand another $1,500, that is cheating. It is criminal.

Anyway, if you could DIY, it is definitely a good choice. No doubt about it. I also DIY installation of blinds before. Some easy, some difficult.

Ya, agree, agree.

Thanks kstoh.

Updates:

Installation of Korean Blinds:

went to various curtain/blinds shops asking for quotes. was quoted from a range of $1500 - $1700 for whole house except for service yard.

not convinced, went online. found cheaper options. ordered direct from online and self install.

Results:

image1_zps28c37454.jpg

Left blind is at half close mode, where u can let light in.

Right blind is at close mode, block all sunlight

IMG_1659_zpsd3ecb9c6.jpg

Closer look to see the texture and pattern.

total damage : $500+ including shipping.

So i advise those who are more hands-on to order themselves and install themselves. its just a bracket.(they will provide)

almost got conned by those EXPO fair shops...luckily i spot online quickly enough.

Hi, able to share this lobang? Where did u pick it up from?

Hi, able to share this lobang? Where did u pick it up from?

The TS already shared just in the last few posts. Pls do some diligent reading first.

• Like 1

Glass Wall!

how could i forget this...this is one of the most important and fun part of the house.

IMG_1036_zpsd0c259ab.jpg

Asked Nicholas to install this for me. great for writing...drawing...doodling...

IMG_0965_zps9e163e7f.jpg

my daughter loves it!

IMG_0967_zps7ca6c558.jpg

everyday after work, i went home to a different drawing...i think this is useful as it provides the freedom to scribble on the wall without guilt or scolding..haha.

Thank you, Nicholas!

LOVE YOUR GLASS wall. Am inspired to do this for my place too. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

LOVE YOUR GLASS wall. Am inspired to do this for my place too. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Great! I'm glad you like it. Anyway, I also got the idea from an ice-cream cafe near my house.

And since sooooo many ppl have PM me or interested in this glass wall. I shall share the quote here. It's Tempered Glass btw.

Cost : $400

• Like 1

Great! I'm glad you like it. Anyway, I also got the idea from an ice-cream cafe near my house.

And since sooooo many ppl have PM me or interested in this glass wall. I shall share the quote here. It's Tempered Glass btw.

Cost : $400

Oh! And your girl is so talented. She can draw way better than me. BWahahahah!

Hi Seow Leng

Would it be possible for you to share nick's contact with me please?

I'm looking to do up my place in Tampines as well.

Thank you very much in advance.

Rgds

Ken

On 9/6/2014 at 2:09 AM, seowleng said:

anyway, i quickly come home and compared with my current house and realised my current one was exposed.

so i will rate Renoguyz's carpentry --> 5 stars. 

Thank you!