Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aquanark

Single Or Several Contractors To Reno New Flat

Isit advisable to have just a single contractor to reno e entire flat? I.e. for flooring, carpentry, electrical, painting, etc...

or should I go for individual contractor to reno my flat? I.e. elect contractor, carpentry contractor, painting contractor, buy and own tiles and get someone to lay them.

Maybe can reduce the costs while mantaining the same quality of work.

Keen to hear your opinions.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If you have time to supervise, enjoy coordination work and have great communication with contractors, single contractors will be the way to go.

Perhaps the cost is slightly lower.

Otherwise you can find a main con to take care of the above work mentioned.

I'm considering both options too. Yet to make up my mind.

If you have time to supervise, enjoy coordination work and have great communication with contractors, single contractors will be the way to go.

Perhaps the cost is slightly lower.

Otherwise you can find a main con to take care of the above work mentioned.

I'm considering both options too. Yet to make up my mind.

Hi Ongal,

I have a contractor on hand right now. He recently just done up my BTO house in Woodlands. Price are reasonable and a responsible person. Maybe you can give it a try and see if his quote meet yours. Do PM me for his number. :)

Depending on your time and how involved you like to be... From my experience at this moment, it can be somewhat frustrating but enjoyable at same time. I have one main con but he is understanding enough to accommodate my wishes. I also have other contractor doing other parts of house cos I sourced them myself. He is still professional enough to give advice to me and to accommodate to my timing (to let the other contractors to come in). So, it really depends on you.

Hi Weiirong,

We have purchased a resale 4 room flat Woodlands . Looking for a good contractor. Could u pls PM me the details of ur contractor?

Thanks in advance

Hi TiTW,

can I get your carpenter contact from you?

How do you find his work so far?

Hi ipad4444,

Do you still need the carpenter contact? What kind of renovation you are looking at?

Hi Weiirong,

We have purchased a resale 4 room flat Woodlands . Looking for a good contractor. Could u pls PM me the details of ur contractor?

Thanks in advance

Hi Silver,

What kind of renovation you are looking at? Is it mainly for Carpenter work?

I hired a contractor for my mini renovation of a 2BR condo but if I had to choose again, I would handle the sub-cons myself.

My contractor barely turned up. Think only on the pre-reno visit and first day. Basically he sourced for people and made phone calls only. Most of the time, I am the one inspecting the place, pushing him adn subcontractors along, checking workmanship, even finding out that the paint used for wrong (much cheaper than what we agreed). He is okay with changing, but if I had not noticed how?

Granted, I did not have to do carpentry, so it was basically just:

-decking

-invisible grilles (with cat welfare society membership, LeHome gave 10% off)

-feature wall (I hired a wood panelling company to panel up a wall - CT Wood - PM me for details)

-blinds

-electrical

-minor plumbing

If you know the order of things, then good. One plus point I can see is that the electrician came after the painter painted the bedroom walls black, and ended up leaving scruffy white marks all over the wall and the painter repainted the entire room. If anything, I can say it is (i) contractor's fault for not coordinating the order properly, or (ii) contractor's fault for not instructing electrician to be more careful. Anyway, the cheapo paint was used, hence the scruff marks. I believe if the higher end Nippon Odourless was used the marks can be wiped off without trace on the wall.

I hired a contractor for my mini renovation of a 2BR condo but if I had to choose again, I would handle the sub-cons myself.

My contractor barely turned up. Think only on the pre-reno visit and first day. Basically he sourced for people and made phone calls only. Most of the time, I am the one inspecting the place, pushing him adn subcontractors along, checking workmanship, even finding out that the paint used for wrong (much cheaper than what we agreed). He is okay with changing, but if I had not noticed how?

Granted, I did not have to do carpentry, so it was basically just:

-decking

-invisible grilles (with cat welfare society membership, LeHome gave 10% off)

-feature wall (I hired a wood panelling company to panel up a wall - CT Wood - PM me for details)

-blinds

-electrical

-minor plumbing

If you know the order of things, then good. One plus point I can see is that the electrician came after the painter painted the bedroom walls black, and ended up leaving scruffy white marks all over the wall and the painter repainted the entire room. If anything, I can say it is (i) contractor's fault for not coordinating the order properly, or (ii) contractor's fault for not instructing electrician to be more careful. Anyway, the cheapo paint was used, hence the scruff marks. I believe if the higher end Nippon Odourless was used the marks can be wiped off without trace on the wall.