Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lerlaine

Existing Owner Ceiling Fan Not Approved By Hdb, What Should I Do?

Hi there

I have recently bought a resale flat, and is in the midst of paper work. Both owner and buyer (us) have registered with HDB and gotten the first appt.

HDB have went down to inspect the house yesterday, and informed that the ceiling fan in the living room is not approved as it exceeded the height of the ceiling (there is not false ceiling).

My agent is asking us now if we wish to take the fan or remove and pass it to them.

So i need some advice here, coz if its fixture that is supposed to pass down to us, now that its not approved, who is liable to remove it? Should they remove it since its not approved or can i request for a replacement?(since it is agreed that we will have all the existing fixture upon signing OTP).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The sell has to remove the ceiling fan and inform Hdb inspector to check again.

Let go of the illegal fan, there is a reason Hdb don't allow it to install for safety reason. Think safety for your family.

The sell has to remove the ceiling fan and inform Hdb inspector to check again.

Let go of the illegal fan, there is a reason Hdb don't allow it to install for safety reason. Think safety for your family.

seller liable.

Seller need to remove it. Or else, HDB will not proceed.

Hi therat & markng37

Thank you for the advice, will ask them to remove the ceiling fan.

Pardon me for another question, how about the air condition that they claim its not working currently but require to put in some gas (not sure what they mean doh), should i ask them to remove that as well? But i am worried that it will affect my compensation valuation value (i got an enbloc resale flat which is due for valuation for compensation soon, so i am not sure if i should keep those air con, worn out build-in wardrobe etc).

What are the things that will affect the valuation of a house?

Thanks!

those things u don't want just ask them to remove... aircon/fan are fixtures which are hard to remove.. think he meant the refrigerate has ran out... u can refill that or if u buying new one den ask them remove...

furniture no prob la jus ask town council remove for free... everything mus be cleared before handing over keys

Ask the owner how old is the aircon.

If only few (3-4)years, keep it and call aircon agent to rectify the problems. If the aircon has used for more than 6 years, advise to replace a new one. Old aircon not energy efficient and need more maintenance.

those things u don't want just ask them to remove... aircon/fan are fixtures which are hard to remove.. think he meant the refrigerate has ran out... u can refill that or if u buying new one den ask them remove...

furniture no prob la jus ask town council remove for free... everything mus be cleared before handing over keys

I see, thanks!

Ask the owner how old is the aircon.

If only few (3-4)years, keep it and call aircon agent to rectify the problems. If the aircon has used for more than 6 years, advise to replace a new one. Old aircon not energy efficient and need more maintenance.

Yup, am thinking of getting a new system 1, but will check with the owner again, thanks!

FYI. I just sold my flat last month. HDB came up for inspection of windows, grilles, etc. He told that my main door is not fire rated and I must replace it before handing over the flat. So, I guess sellers are liable for any items that are not HDB approved.

FYI. I just sold my flat last month. HDB came up for inspection of windows, grilles, etc. He told that my main door is not fire rated and I must replace it before handing over the flat. So, I guess sellers are liable for any items that are not HDB approved.

Did you change your main door before?

Or your unit used to be away from the lift and stair case.

But now due to lift upgrading, now the lift is closer to your unit.

Did you change your main door before?

Or your unit used to be away from the lift and stair case.

But now due to lift upgrading, now the lift is closer to your unit.

Is the home owner or HDB responsible to change the main door to fire-rated type if is due to lift upgrading and the lift is nearer to the unit?