Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
meower

Solar Panels For Landed Homes?

On 10/27/2020 at 11:56 PM, A1677 said:

Hi petetherock, can pass me your solar panel contact person details please.  Thanks.

This forum doesn't allow links, but look for rezeca.... 

Talk to the person in charge about costs, so you know that there are initial costs, running costs and know what's your break even time span, then see if it's worth it... 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 10/19/2020 at 7:36 PM, petetherock said:

Yeah, that's good.

You may want two:
Front and back. That's what my friend suggested. And if you want, one more for the electric car.

I have only two, one for the car and kiv solar... 

What is the 32A isolator for? I am considering about making provisions. Beside the 32A isolator, what other connection needed, R232 eternet connector? 

2 hours ago, DaddyJP said:

What is the 32A isolator for? I am considering about making provisions. Beside the 32A isolator, what other connection needed, R232 eternet connector? 

The solar companies will give you the full run down.

There will be a site inspection and they will assess if there is enough surface and which direction is the sun etc.

Best to involve them at the onset when you are doing your build..

There are a few companies, this site doesn't allow links but you can check out  the companies on google for yourself..
If I post links the post is deleted so it's best to check it out for yourself. 

On 10/19/2020 at 7:36 PM, petetherock said:

Yeah, that's good.

You may want two:
Front and back. That's what my friend suggested. And if you want, one more for the electric car.

I have only two, one for the car and kiv solar... 

Hi, I like the idea of catering for the possibility of charging electric cars in the front porch. If i don't use solar panels, is there anything i need to ask the electrician to do to prepare for this possibility in the future?

1 hour ago, Topline said:

Hi, I like the idea of catering for the possibility of charging electric cars in the front porch. If i don't use solar panels, is there anything i need to ask the electrician to do to prepare for this possibility in the future?

Just tell the electrician to install a 32A isolator at the front porch. Later on any charging point can be connected to this isolator. 

I see.... I'm no electric car expect but assume charging such cars won't cause my electricity supply to the rest of the house to be cut/ tripped etc?

9 hours ago, Topline said:

I see.... I'm no electric car expect but assume charging such cars won't cause my electricity supply to the rest of the house to be cut/ tripped etc?

if your house has 3-phase 63A supply, it shouldn't cause any issues. if you're concerned, then apply for 3-phase 100A supply.

the LEW will design the circuits such that the loading would be spread evenly over all 3-phases. can't have everything all hooked up to 1 single phase as this will definitely cause trips.

12 hours ago, Topline said:

6 aircons, pool, pond, HiFi room, four heaters and many gadgets... no trip.. 

6 hours ago, wersingaporeans said:

what solar panels feeds electricity back to solar grid for the bill rebate?

It’s not the panels but how the system is set up to tie back to the national grid. You need to tell your PV panel contractor that you want to do this and they should be able to advise you further and set up for you including applying for accounts and such with SP/EMA

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:10 AM, wersingaporeans said:

what solar panels feeds electricity back to solar grid for the bill rebate?

I spent 30k plus for the solar panels and get a measly $100 plus every month from SP.

Totally not worth the money and hassle and not mentioning you have to engage the solar panel company to clean the solar panels once every 2 years. This is due to grime and bird droppings on the panels which will affect the yield.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 11:15 AM, Topline said:

How many years have you got the panels? Are there on-going costs to maintain?

Since 2018. Probably need the solar panel provider to clean the panels once every 2 years.

The savings is really not worth the capital outlay and I really regretted installing them.