Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Briexp

Temporary Sound Proof Of Windows

Hi, I've recently rented a room in an apartment and found that after just a couple of nights, the noise from outside was really loud despite being on the 13th floor. After closer inspection, I noticed that there are large air gaps between the window fittings (as can be seen in the photos - light coming through gaps) which show absolutely no sign of sound proofing whatsoever. I feel that these windows were probably not originally designed for a bedroom!

Does anyone have any suggestions that could temporarily dull out some of the outside noise? It doesn't have to be perfect, but a small reduction in noise could make a big difference. I'm only here for 4 months so only temporary and cheap DIY methods, tricks or tips would be viable. I appreciate your time!

IMG_2210edit.jpgIMG_2211edit.jpg

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have the same gaps along the sliding windows in my house. The is normal for sliding windows in Singapore.

Poor workmanship due to tendering process adopted by the developer (gov & private).

I do not think there is a solution for sliding windows. Can only live with it.

If you have curtain rods, maybe get some thick curtains (from IK**). It might block out some of the noise.