Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Garrison

Wardrobe Light With Door Switch

Hi folks. Wonder if anyone has done lights inside a sliding door wardrobe with door switch to turn it on when opened. I've seen light sensor switches, but I think it is not ideal cos If I open the wardrobe at night the light won't turn on right? I would thing a contact switch would be better? Anyone knows if i can just buy the kit from sim lim or something? I wanna buy it for the electrician to install, but if there's a simple solution, I don't mind doing it myself.

Also, I thought of just putting a LED strip, but the ID says just get T5 tube is better cause can just connect AC. But the LED driver should be pretty small right? Any one with pics can share?

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Light sensor switch... I am not exactly sure how you can use that.

If you install the sensor inside the wardrobe, it turns on when it is dark. With the door closed, it's always dark, so the light is always on? Don't make sense.

If install outside the wardrobe, in the night when you sleep, the room light is off room is dark. So it turns on the light in the wardrobe. Again don't make sense.

Contact switch seems to make more sense.

Between T5 & LED strip, I'd choose T5. Cheaper & easier to maintain. If the tube/ballast burns out, just change whichever is faulty.

With LED, it is more expensive. LED bulb will last much longer but not sure the driver? If the driver burns out, must change driver, so you must install it at a accessible location. If you can't get the same driver, must change driver & LED strip again.

My opinion only.

Use microswitch (with plunger) or reed switch.

Not a good idea, get burnt! Low humidity....., maintenance...

Just put/attach a portable LED torch light inside... manually turn it on need arises...

Hi, I looked at the data sheet for the cabinet lights on your website. The lights take DC input, so I will need a driver right? Can I have a quote for 2x1m mono stable lights with the drivers?

Light sensor switch... I am not exactly sure how you can use that. If you install the sensor inside the wardrobe, it turns on when it is dark. With the door closed, it's always dark, so the light is always on? Don't make sense. If install outside the wardrobe, in the night when you sleep, the room light is off room is dark. So it turns on the light in the wardrobe. Again don't make sense. Contact switch seems to make more sense. Between T5 & LED strip, I'd choose T5. Cheaper & easier to maintain. If the tube/ballast burns out, just change whichever is faulty. With LED, it is more expensive. LED bulb will last much longer but not sure the driver? If the driver burns out, must change driver, so you must install it at a accessible location. If you can't get the same driver, must change driver & LED strip again. My opinion only.

never knew this