Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kusudama

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Go into Small Claims for it. The likelihood is that such process will take around 3-6 months before you will be able to know if your refund is feasible.

Alternatively, find their facebook page, tag it with your invoice and the images of your post, and screen shot it just in case they deleted the post. Nowadays, companies are no longer fearful of SCT or Cases, but more on Social Pressure via social media. Use that and they will be willing to entertain you.

Hope this is the right forum to post to. I have some concerns about a pull-out bed that we got at the recent Expo luxury furniture fair. It's meant for my elderly mum. There is a stability issue with the bed. I put my whole body weight on the top bed, there was a loud crack. I sat at another part of the bed, and the same thing happened.

The cracking sound signals to me that the bed base is not stable. My mum's old bed is also a pull-out bed with a flat board and there's no issue at all. I suspect that the company used cheap wood and the base is not a flat board but made of strips of cheap wood covered with the cloth and PU leather so it can't be seen. If the bed can't tahan my 45kg weight, I seriously don't think it can tahan my mum's 55kg weight. Her mattress is heavy too as it's a Sealy mattress. All this was told to the company beforehand and they assured me that the bed will be stable.

Now that the brand new bed already has cracking sounds, I feel that the company should at least send someone over to check. But this company is very bochup. The after-sales support is bad. Having paid up the full $899 for the bed, we have been calling them for two weeks and the staff has been giving excuses not to send anyone over to check.

I need some advice from forummers on how to resolve this. Anyone else faced similar problem with custom furniture bought from Expo fair? What are the chances of getting a refund if the bed is found to be shaky or the wood base has cracked? The bed is brand new. Never slept on before.

Thanks in advance!

Can you share with us what company this is? This will help others from acquiring the same problem.