Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neha

How To Repair Crack In Wooden Foor

hi there,

i am renting an apartment. i have wooden deck area in living room. due to water spill there is fine crack and swelling on wooden sheets. the are bit swelled.

please please help me with this. can i fix it myself? :(

thankx a ton

regards,

neha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wood either expands or contracts or twists over time due to difference in humidity in air or water pour on it.

Buy wood putty and apply over.

Wood putty, is it costly?

Hi Char Siew Pau,

Unfortunately for your case, wood putty is not going to help. The purpose of wood putty is to fill up holes. Your flooring has already swelled up therefore it is highly recommended for a certified contractor to take a look at your flooring to check whether there is water seepage or any other serious condition.

Hope this helps.

- Bona Fanatic

These days, everybody on anything and almost everything demand for 'certification' - and seem ONLY with these certifications, the anything and almost everything can be 'done', true??? Sibei jialat ! Little bit of trouble needs 'certified' contractor....

Uncles/aunties look after public toilets need to be 'certified', in order to be effective and efficient.

Helpers at hawker centers need attend classes.

Next time, how to '****' properly also need to be 'certified'.....

Swelled? Hammer it down, cannot? Sand away, cannot? Replace the whole deck lah - I also know what & how to give advise and 'hope this helps'

Anyway, wood putty costs about $5/can - it is for filling up 'gap' not 'hole' - for wood only and it has 2 types - water soluble and tinner soluble.

Need no 'certification' for purchasing and application.

These days, everybody on anything and almost everything demand for 'certification' - and seem ONLY with these certifications, the anything and almost everything can be 'done', true??? Sibei jialat ! Little bit of trouble needs 'certified' contractor....

Uncles/aunties look after public toilets need to be 'certified', in order to be effective and efficient.

Helpers at hawker centers need attend classes.

Next time, how to '****' properly also need to be 'certified'.....

Swelled? Hammer it down, cannot? Sand away, cannot? Replace the whole deck lah - I also know what & how to give advise and 'hope this helps'

Anyway, wood putty costs about $5/can - it is for filling up 'gap' not 'hole' - for wood only and it has 2 types - water soluble and tinner soluble.

Need no 'certification' for purchasing and application.

Hi bepgof,

I am not saying that you NEED to have a certified contractor to take a look but it is of course highly recommended. It is like if you are sick, you will go to a certified doctor right? Reason? Because doctor knows more than any other ordinary passerby about how our body works and reacts. This forum is for us to share suggestion and to help fellow forum users. I think it will be good to give effective advises rather than just providing what we "think" is correct.

Hammering the wood will cause a dent on the floor so a definitely no no.

Sanding away and reapplying coating will be the best way to solve the issue but before this is done, homeowners need to engaged a contractor to take a look and do the sanding procedure.

Replacing whole deck will be super expensive and not environmental friendly

Therefore the advice will be to to get a contractor take a look to recommend the best practice.

- Bona Fanatic

Hello neha, don't mind taking trouble posting some pics here allowing 'uncertified' uncles and aunties see see look look, putting some 'think' comments, b4 the 'certified' one, if any, go to your place and 'con' u.