Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rachel

Somewhat Scandinavian~ 2Room+Studio

Oh gosh..homeowners of ec or PC can inform their developers not to mount the mirrors or build wardrobes

Cabinets in the first place to save the trouble.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh gosh..homeowners of ec or PC can inform their developers not to mount the mirrors or build wardrobes

Cabinets in the first place to save the trouble.

Ha, i blame it on the ignorance of youth... we bought the place back in 2011... but only starting thinking of the design of our place 1 month before getting keys..... =x

Week 2: Undoing the damages + Electrical works

Now, this picture is important... the bricks that will be used to construct the new kitchen wall...

we wanted the thinnest possible wall - so we asked our ID if this is the thinnest, he said YES.... when the actual builder/worker came to fix it, D asked him if this is the thinnest... he said NO - 还有更薄 的 .. :( WHEW.. lucky we asked the expert and managed to get the right bricks delivered immediately :lol:

b_185702.jpg

New wall was built and tiles within the kitchen were touched up- pretty good job by Mr Builder there, the base for new cabinets was constructed too, totally love how the kitchen looks more spacious then it used to be and my counter top space will be DOUBLED!!!:dribble:

b_073659.png

Electrical works : why is it so EXPENSIVE?!?! :help:

I've never moved house before in my 20 odd years or had any renovation done in current home... so honestly. i was shocked by the amount we have to spend... (hem.plus.commission.to.ID.hem) But D was there watching the electricians do their work... he said it is a really tough job.. and its not as easy as we think... so maybe we aren't getting ripped off after all :unsure:

Decided to feature this picture... we are duplicating TV & power outlets to the opposite wall.. as we really can't decide where will the TV be placed.. haha.. or maybe we can keep moving the TV every few months?! :rofl:

Moving power/TV from ground level to loft level in the common bedroom

Totally overkill on switches in the corridor to the extent that it can be aligned with the citygas panel =( think i might prefer 2 row of 2 swtiches... but done already.. #bobian again? :dunno:

Edited by Rachel

Weeks 2 + 3:

Beautifying toilets + choosing paint color:

Original toilet feature wall which to me is ugly=x think our plumber removed the fittings that came with the house

b_131822.jpg

The tiler prepped the wall with a smooth layer of cement:

b_223615.jpg

Laying our desired tiles, we chose Spanish tiles or Azulejos that comes in gray/white/brown colours that goes well with tiles in our two bathrooms, common- white master- gray .... didn't manage to convince D to also do up the studio bathroom .. this reasoning was... you are not going to look at it, so ugly also nvm -.-b_223619.jpg

Finished product, I think the master toilet with the gray tiles looks marginally nicer... but I love the new feature wall so much more than the original... ! #moneywellspent (haha, even if D doesn't agree)

b_171930.jpg

b_172606.jpg

This week we also bought a couple of cans of paint in different colour to figure out what which we really want for our dining room and master bedroom wall...

ID said the mint was too out of place in our house, and we felt the grays were too dark...! so we just went with the lightest gray in the Nippon catalogue without testing it out ...

b_111822.jpg

Edited by Rachel

Week 4 & 5: D and me went to BKK for a quick getaway also to 顺便 buy some stuff for the house, managed to get some lights and Umbra stuff and random decor stuff from JJ market and Talad Rot Fai ✈️

False ceiling contractor came in to fix up the kitchen/dining area ceiling , and painters started late into week 5 and took 2 days to finish our 114sqm place, which I think it's pretty fast.. I opted for Nippon Odourless paint for all walls and ceiling.. more expensive, but totally not regretting it! No smelly paint smell during and after painting!

The auntie painter (found via RT, thanks @kstoh for mentioning her on your T-blog ) was super accommodating and re-painted 2 walls for us as we found the initial choice to pale ! She also helped us plaster some areas of the wall that she said was uneven and wouldn't look nice... Her paint cost+painters fee was about $500 less than our ID's painter

b_180451.jpg

Edited by Rachel

With your loft bed at Common Bedroom; will the window become "wasted"? I am also thinking about building a double bunk against a window; still not decided as the window has a pool facing.

Hi Panda189,

I think it will depend on what floor your unit is on? Mine's on the 12th floor, so cant really see the pool unless I'm standing right next to the window. the loft has been installed... upload pics soon, we feel that we still get 'enough' of the window

Do let me know if you managed to get this done up...coz I am also looking at unlocking space for "utility storage" . :)

It is really an ingenious design, how much does it cost? I am also seriously considering it. :)

Just installed the carpentry, waiting on the railing- we are happy with it... as to the cost... approx 4k? pictures to follow!

Version 2:

Shelves re-arranged

b_123151.jpg

Version 3:

Something closer to what we want, but the final is just a little different

b_230459.jpg

May be too late now though but ever thought about most shelves are about placing deco rather than storage?

Also about future maintenance of cleaning and wiping? And most folks uses the TV as the center piece but now both versions indicates TV smack right to one side?

From your planning, seems like TV is right beside the balcony, unless there is curtain or sliding doors are tinted dark, else might get serious reflection on the screen.

Common Bedroom:

as well as storeroom, study room, guest bedroom

spending a fair chunk of $$ to achieve the 'multi-purposes-ness', keeping our fingers cross that it will look nice as well as meet our needs!

b_123232.jpg

looking forward to see this in actual too. :good:

:help: Need some furniture advice/lobangs from experts on RT! :help:

This fold-able dining table from Danish company Skovby looks amazing and will fit into my puny dining space.. the clean lines especially when its folded is what I'm really after....

The table, is going for 2.5k sgd at Danish Design Co... really heart pain to spend so much on a table!

b_043113.png

So far what I've found:

1. TB really cant compare- their profile is very untidy when folded and the hinge/wheels makes the tables look super cheapo (although in reality its really cheap)...
2. Ikea's version also look very amateur...

3. Asked 2 carpentry workshops: they are not confident they can produce something of that quality

3. Asked an arty/boutique wood working workshop, he asked 3.3K for it!? :jawdrop:

Appreciate it if anyone has any idea :idea:where I else I can look? Otherwise, it's bye $2500 :~

Hi Panda189,

I think it will depend on what floor your unit is on? Mine's on the 12th floor, so cant really see the pool unless I'm standing right next to the window. the loft has been installed... upload pics soon, we feel that we still get 'enough' of the window

Just installed the carpentry, waiting on the railing- we are happy with it... as to the cost... approx 4k? pictures to follow!

Hi Panda189,

Hi Panda189,

Hi Panda189,

Hi Panda189,

Gosh! Can you share the photos once it's up?! 4k is reasonable! Helping to do up a 2 bedder condo...so need ideas to free up more space. :)

:help: Need some furniture advice/lobangs from experts on RT! :help:

This fold-able dining table from Danish company Skovby looks amazing and will fit into my puny dining space.. the clean lines especially when its folded is what I'm really after....

The table, is going for 2.5k sgd at Danish Design Co... really heart pain to spend so much on a table!

b_043113.png

So far what I've found:

1. TB really cant compare- their profile is very untidy when folded and the hinge/wheels makes the tables look super cheapo (although in reality its really cheap)...

2. Ikea's version also look very amateur...

3. Asked 2 carpentry workshops: they are not confident they can produce something of that quality

3. Asked an arty/boutique wood working workshop, he asked 3.3K for it!? :jawdrop:

Appreciate it if anyone has any idea :idea:where I else I can look? Otherwise, it's bye $2500 :~

Coincidently... I was shortlisting similar table like skovby..I have seen the replicas in other condo sale photos in iproperty.. Id say go for the original. Worth the money.

Week 6: Arrival of carpentry + Week 7 Assembly of cupboards

We had too many items.. the carpenters couldn't bring all our items in one trip..

Carpenter uncle said : 搬了很累,没有力装 !(No energy to assemble after carry all the woodwork)

New soon to be BIGGER Master wardrobe

b_180529.jpg

The L-Shape taking shape... bye large airy room

b_180602.jpg

Top section installed, full height wardrobe for real, the original had a false ceiling section so wasn't really full height =D

b_180655.jpg

Common Bedroom: Much awaited installation of the multi-purpose-its-everything loft, the frame was installed pretty quickly, but the 'study area' doors and stairs was delivered the following week

Manage to get about 2/3 of the window exposed, and the window can be opened both below and on the loft!

b_180557.jpg

Edited by Rachel

nice wardrobe there. As far as the dining table, Why did you want a folded type?

Thanks!

Our dining area is just 1.35m by 1.35m.... so we can only fit a small-ish table there but we like the option of extending the table to accommodate more guest !