Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ajrenojourney

5 Room Reno Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Very nice designs.. :good::good:

Thanks Cugu!

Really like the colour of the vinyl tiles. Can I know the price and from which supplier ?

Hi MissySummer, we wanted a fuss free reno, so we let our ID bao ka liao everything. He is coordinating most of the stuff for us.

Our vinyl tiles for all bedrooms and living cost SGD5225. Not sure if this is the cheapest, but it's fine to let the ID earn abit of kopi $$.

Give and take abit can make the reno progress smooth and happy, why not? :jammin::D

Everything's falling into place slowly but surely..

Carpentry almost all up.. PICTURES TIME!

SwEGx6.jpg

BJphP9.jpguNJ6Nd.jpg

uPQbXX.jpggJHhRq.jpg

We replaced the HDB plastic cover with frosted acrylic.

1) We took the HDB ugly plastic cover down and measured the dimensions of each individual piece. (Both toilets)

2) Drove to Ubi and paid $60++ for 1 piece of acrylic. (4ft x 8ft)

3) Got the staff there to cut the acrylic into into the size of each individual piece.

4) Went back to our house and fixed the acrylic up.

Easy peasy task! And cheap tooo!

*PS* Take note of the inlet and outlet pipe for water heater. The staff there will charge you $100++ to cut these 2 arc. You can get your contractor to cut these 2 arc on the acrylic for you.

Edited by ajrenojourney

Hold your breath..

Here's our stoney laminate settee. Like it so raw and stone.

We told our ID that we love the idea of having a huge group of friends sitting around the table and eat steamboat.

So he proposed a very long L-shaped settee which both of us like it alot! And this L settee is like a dream came true!

JVEJd6.jpg

The bronze mirror opposite the settee.

hI9hfc.jpg

Our son's wardrobe and suspended study.

NjIL5K.jpg

Close up of the wardrobe door laminate.

A tinge of many colours. We didn't want a kiddish laminate for him because we want this wardrobe to last at least 10 yrs.

I guess a 13 year old wouldn't want a wardrobe with many stars or cartoons all around. #practicalparents

xXGUfl.jpg

Edited by ajrenojourney

Hi ajrenojourney,

Will you kindly let me know which shop in Ubi did you have the acrylic coverings for your toilet done?

I stay near Ubi too and will like to do the same as you too.

Thank you in advance for the information, :)

Kitchen top and bottom cabinets. Both textured laminates were from the same family, just different colour.

We wanted the bottom cabinets with black ABS trimmings to make it stand out abit.

l4lxpV.jpgjuDgX4.jpg

MBR 10ft wardrobe is up too.

Picture of wardrobe without doors was taken on Fri 11pm. Doors were installed on Sat afternoon.

The right side of the wardrobe was purposely designed this way so that we can still have access to the aircon ledge.

06hnls.jpgAyMCGC.jpg

I like the stone laminate settee! When I first started reno, met a neighbor who asked me if I encountered the wardrobe problem. Didn't face the same problem cos my wardrobe is placed elsewhere. It's a good idea!

Hi ajrenojourney,

Will you kindly let me know which shop in Ubi did you have the acrylic coverings for your toilet done?

I stay near Ubi too and will like to do the same as you too.

Thank you in advance for the information, :)

Hi Ken, I've PM you the address.

I like the stone laminate settee! When I first started reno, met a neighbor who asked me if I encountered the wardrobe problem. Didn't face the same problem cos my wardrobe is placed elsewhere. It's a good idea!

Hello neighbour, thats the only place I can put my wardrobe in my MBR as i dont want so many angles (角) in the room.

The only solution is to open up a hole for the aircon ledge window.