Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kissgurami

Hopefully "shabby Chic" Em

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Greetings kissgurami,

Seems great on the whole for your reno :)

Can check on the status of your aircon leak?

Regards

simple13

Hello!! :)

My aircon is still leaking as I can't find my invoice :(

I did a check and it seems that it only leaks when my aircon is turned on. It doesn't leak if the other 2 air con are turned on .Hoping to find my invoice this weekend amongst my boxes

Kitchen Update - Completed! Furnishing - 40% Completion :P!!

Gas was turned on today! Woo Hoo!!!! The Ellane stove was suggested by Wasser Bath and apparently "Aunties" (please don't get offended) loves Ellane because of the stronger flames which is good for cooking. I have a short counter top so this was the best option I had. It is 68cm and has 3 hobs. I did want something with a white glass but their sizes are 75 - 78 cm which means my counter top space will be taken up.

The sun shines in to my kitchen which was why I knocked down the wall and it comes straight to my sink! *Love again* and to my mini Herb garden at my ceiling pot rack. This was what I imagined for my kitchen and I am so happy it came out so much better than I expected :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

wpid-wp-1413189851190.jpeg

wpid-wp-1413188122121.jpeg

Edited by kissgurami

• Like 1

Pantry Update - Completed! Furnishing - 50%!!

I have no regrets for segmenting a space for my pantry as it totally clears my counter top from appliances :wub:

The tall gap in between is to place my steamer and table top oven. I saw something on Qoo10 which will be an perfect addition to my pantry for my sauces. If you noticed, they are like Kings and Queens with high ceiling :P

Starting to like the pantry without door as it makes it accessible but I do really want to have my sliding door so one step at a time. $$$ doesn't seem to fly by so easily. :P So there it is , my pantry with modest and humble items in it :D

wpid-img_20141013_160928_edit.jpg

wpid-img_20141013_160942_edit.jpg

The kitchen Shelf I intend to get

standing%20kitchen%20shelf%205.jpg

Disaster Strikes!

My Taobao mixer Tap went AWOL , Don't it it a quality issue as the person using it didn't know how to turn the tap and ended over-turning it. What resulted was endless flow of water from the tap. ID arranged for his plumber to shut off while I get a new tap.

BUT BUT!! hehehe I have launched my Kitchen with cooking dinner and breakfast hehehehe

Verdict on the Ellane Stove: It is really powerful! Definitely stronger than my previous Fujioh. Though small, I can see why it is popular, the spacing is actually sufficient and the big hob placed in means it doesn't get in your way when handling dishes from the other 2 right hobs.

wpid-wp-1413270425991.jpeg

wpid-wp-1413270344147.jpeg

Hi kissgurami,

Just to share that the sauce shelf that you mentioned above is available on TB. I got a 2 tier one for about $14 (not including shipping yet). Is Qoo cheaper?

Hi Panda189!

Oh ok, Qoo10 is selling at 23.90 for the 2 Tier i think... so double of TB.... I think it is tougher to be cheaper than Taobao :P If TB it does take a while to arrive though...

Can I know the size of your walk in pantry? Thinking it would be great to store all my mum's stuff but am afraid it takes up too much space

Let me get hold of a measuring tape. Think it is roughly about 1.5m by 1m? I used the corner of the kitchen. is your kitchen design the same as mine?

The blue line, that is where the pantry cuts off. so it is snug at a corner without taking much space.

capture.jpg

Edited by kissgurami

Master bathroom Partial Updates - Furnishing and my mixer for my rain shower is pending for Taobao. The mixer was faulty so has to re-order a new one.

haven't had the chance to use the bath tub yet!! hehehe time to scour for bath salts :D

Towel bars at the back of the door. I don't like to drill into my pretty tiles :P so the door had to sacrifice instead :P They were from IKEA at $7 each I think.

wpid-wp-1412261002953.jpeg

Shaving Mirror and my Black Mirror from Amazon UK up! the toilet roll holder is from IKEA too and fits my Bathroom theme :D

wpid-img_20141002_222300_edit.jpg

Quite sad about my rain shower. using the handshower for now and can't wait for the complete look. Window looks scruffy but to replace means more moolah so need to think cheap creatively on how to make it look nicer :(

wpid-img_20141002_222444_edit.jpg

Edited by kissgurami

My kitchen design is slightly different but as my mum stays with me and she has many pots and pans and all sorts of other stuff (which usually land up as a big pile) I might as well invest in an area to store the big pile .. Sigh

Thanks for measuring!

Accessories Time for my Girl's Bathrooms!

Bought 2 of these from IKEA. Not listed bathroom mirrors but who cares :P Like the design but colour isn't suitable so need to figure how to change the colours.

ekne-mirror__0119705_PE276137_S4.JPG

Also bought this to test water if it actually works and it does!! 1 week and all good :DFor $9.90 it does serve it's purpose and also don't need to drill my tiles in the 2nd bathroom. Intending to get the rest of the range to kit out the bathroom.

immeln-shower-basket__0241960_PE381644_S

Edited by kissgurami

My girl likes the mirror too! But she says should change the color to purple and add glitter! :)

I am pondering light blue though hehehe to fit in the theme. So busy with work that don't have time for the house!!