Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shir1307

A Simple Home 4 Me And My Son..

wahh...your reno started liao...well done!

our Main Ccontractor on leave..his son's wedding this weekend..so we won't bother him till next Monday.

Anyway he has scheduled the reno stuffs..kitchen cabinets..window grilles..lightings.

we gonna get some lights this weekend & he will install for us next week together with the water heaters.

wahh..last time..the cheque not in from the bank..our not so good reno id won't even start work..kept pestering.

at least yours has started work..good for you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The view from the window:

20140824_130811.jpg

. . .

And one last one of my cheeky happy boy...

20140824_125410.jpg

Congrats on your new home, Shir1307!

Loving the view, and your boy!

Currently having a slight headache from choosing color schemes for the home.. What would you choose?

1) Pink walls in the living room with white and dark furniture

. . .

Pink walls sound fun. A couple more inspiration pics to add to your collection:

bl9_black_gubi_chair_wood.png

T617-04.jpg

(Images from Gubi, and Sandberg's Carl Collection of wallpapers.)

Edited by JohnB

wahh...your reno started liao...well done! our Main Ccontractor on leave..his son's wedding this weekend..so we won't bother him till next Monday. Anyway he has scheduled the reno stuffs..kitchen cabinets..window grilles..lightings. we gonna get some lights this weekend & he will install for us next week together with the water heaters. wahh..last time..the cheque not in from the bank..our not so good reno id won't even start work..kept pestering. at least yours has started work..good for you!

Yes, my ID is quite fast! Actually asked him if any work would be done on weekend, he said no, but went up to put stuff on Sunday and realised they actually did do more work! lols.

Congrats on your new home, Shir1307!

Loving the view, and your boy!

Pink walls sound fun. A couple more inspiration pics to add to your collection:

bl9_black_gubi_chair_wood.png

T617-04.jpg

(Images from Gubi, and Sandberg's Carl Collection of wallpapers.)

Love love love the ombre walls in the last pic!!! In the end im going with a mint and white living room. :)

More updates on my budget reno!

Was window shopping at Serangoon Nex last Saturday and happened to see Vhive having some sales. Went into the shop and immediately this tv console caught my eye! After sale, the console was only selling at $299! It was the right color and my style, so i was totally sold. Bought and asked to have it delivered and installed end september. *happy*

1410163172628.jpg

(the one i bought was the one on the bottom. Usual price was $679 and after sale only $299)

Stopped by Ikea to pick up 2 bathroom mirrors (60 x 60cm, only at $19.90), and some kitchen racks to install on my kitchen walls. Took a cab down to my house to drop off the loots and realised that more works had actually been done, even though Kelvin (ID) had said no works would be done on weekend.

The shifting of the lighting point in my son's room has been done! Rooms are actually still white, ignore the orangey tinge that resulted because of my flash from my handphone...

20140907_182446.jpg

And I believe my hood point in my kitchen is being setup too!~

20140907_182403.jpg

Finally, alot of other stuff got hauled up to the living room, believe they are for the false ceiling and living room works...

20140907_182423.jpg

Looks like things are moving on quite well. very happy with the progress so far! :)

Update on my renovation loan cheques - Maybank person finally called me today at noon to say that the cheques have been altered and are ready to send to me! (FINALLY). Fingers crossed that they are right this time around.

Update on my defects list submitted to HDB Hougang Branch:

Submitted a list of defects to HDB Hougang Branch on 26th Aug (Tuesday) to an officer at the Hougang HDB Branch, and the officer informed me that the HDB contractor would call me to arrange to view the defects. On the Friday (29th Aug), the HDB Contractor (I forgot his name, but luckily snapped a photo of him) called me at 3.30pm and asked me if anyone was at the flat and if he could go up to view the defects. As I was at Serangoon Nex, I rushed down to the flat. The defects are:

1. Master bed room window unable to latch properly - HDB contractor looked at it and said the workers will rectify.

2. Service yard door had a rubber dislodged, cause the glass to be open. - HDB contractor said the workers will rectify

3. Bedroom 3 lock unable to lock / unlock with the keys provided by HDB - (this is where i got very upset) As i already informed the HDB contractor that the door was stuck, he seemed to disbelieve me, and locked the lock, and forced close the door from the outside (WITHOUT ANYONE ON THE INSIDE). Lo and behold, my keys really didnt work.

All this happened on Friday (29th Aug), and my air-con was due to come in on the tuesday (2nd Sep)!!! I asked him when his workers would contact me and he said actually this set of flats is not under him and they should contact me by the following week Monday or Tuesday (1st or 2nd Sep). HOWEVER, i tried calling him on Monday and Tuesday and there was no response!! In the end, i had to ask a locksmith to come and break the lock so that my air-con installation could go on according to plan ($50 fly away).

Today - Till date no call from any worker or contractor, I called up HDB Hougang Branch to "feedback" and they said they would get the officer-in-charge to give me a call asap.

Update more tomorrow after my peek tonight!

ahhh..VHIVE!...how did i missed that one!

we couldn't find any suitable tv consoles at IKEA over the weekend.

still can't find good curtains yet...all too pricey.

your reno is moving along quite nicely ya..shir1307.

ahhh..VHIVE!...how did i missed that one! we couldn't find any suitable tv consoles at IKEA over the weekend. still can't find good curtains yet...all too pricey. your reno is moving along quite nicely ya..shir1307.

They are still having sales, you can go check them out! They have qutie a few TV consoles. I was actually eyeing one at IKEA but the price is about $600+, so i was quite happy to have found the one at Vhive. :) Yes things are moving along nicely, all thanks to my ID, he is really very efficient.

More updates on my reno! :)

Went up to the flat to pass Kelvin (ID) the cheques, which were finally received, and Kelvin showed us the tiling for the cement bases have all been done up. He also said the first coat of painting for the flat would be done up tomorrow, and that the grills and windows for the service yard would also be done up by this weekend.

Here is a collage of my tiling works all done up

tiling.jpg

And this one of my aircon boxup done... Put the before and after pics for reference.

airconboxup.jpg

Pm replied!

First coat of paints have gone up, am having Debbie (11 november for curtains) come up to do measurement tomorrow. (: update soon with paint job pics!

Hi shir1307, thanks to you...i managed to swing by VHIVE last Saturday to get 2 TV consoles. yup, they still having some sales.. i went to the one at Thomson Plaza.

Awesome to hear AndiLalala! :D

Updates! :D

First coats of paints went up, living room is one side mint green and the rest white, this pic can also see my false ceiling/ beam and the place the cove lights will be at...

20140911_181433.jpg

A second pic of the mint...

20140911_181422.jpg

Study room in the same mint as the living room:

20140911_181405.jpg

My masterbed room in pink! :D Hoping the pink will be more obvious after the next 2 coats of paint are done, for now it look a little light.

20140911_181326.jpg

Also went dining table shopping last weekend, finally found a dining table that i liked. With Kelvin's (ID) blessing, went ahead to buy the table below (without the bench) and 4x chairs at Star Living at Northstar. :D Total damage was $800+

cdc5f350-cfc8-4abb-ad0b-63ce64a51315.jpg

1410767090098.jpg

(forgot to take pictures, both these pictures are from the internet)

Debbie (11 November) came up to the house to do the measurements and confirmation of the fabric on Sunday as well. It's going to be a busy week at the new place this week, looking forward to having the grills and service yard windows up as well as the installation of the lights and toilet accessories. :)

More updates on the renovation..

Went up to meet Kelvin (ID) on Tuesday and was pleased to see that the grills for all the windows as well as the service yard windows have been installed. :)

20140916_131406.jpg

20140916_131536.jpg

20140916_131519.jpg

Also the contractors were up there doing up the lights.

Went back at night to see the lights all done up, and am SO IN LOVE with the living room lights! :) The black webbed light will be my dining room light. :)

1410869340769.jpg

1410869334040.jpg

Track lights for my passageway...

1410869335356.jpg

Kelvin also updated that the cabinets (kitchen, divider and MBR) will be installed tomorrow (Friday). Can't wait to see them all up. :dancingqueen: