Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shir1307

A Simple Home 4 Me And My Son..

Your renovation really looks smooth and great in general :)

Thanks Simple! :) Its really a very simple renovation, no theme or anything, but i'm very pleased with the progress, and of course it's my first home and that's why i'm so excited. haha.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cabinets have been installed! :)

Here is my shoe cabinet (divider), the glass screen on the top will be coming in next week. (Yes, glass screen divider is a rather old design, but due to fengshui and mother's decision... no choice. shall find a way to hip it up)

64273.jpg

Kitchen cabinets are also done up, worktop will be coming in next week. :) Really love the wood grain laminate! It's textured and has a very raw feel to it which I LOVE!!!:wub: FYI my worktop is white, if you guys can imagine. :)

Right side:

64277.jpg

Left side with the dish rack:

64276.jpg

Finally, my MBR wardrobe... :) LOVE how simple it is, and goes nicely with my skirting...

64275.jpg

The configuration inside and my pull-out mirror...

64274.jpg

Had some issues with my toilet door... the door was making alot of noise on opening and closing, and realised there were some scratches on the white surface. Had asked Kelvin and he said he will ask the person to rectify.

Next week, my glass door (kitchen) and glass shower screen will be coming in, as well as my worktop for my kitchen and my final coats of paint... seems like the reno journey is ending soon... been such a smooth one (thanks alot to my ID), and can't wait to see everything all done up!

Kitchen is done! my worktop has been placed on, and i am absolutely loving the look.

Thanks to Kelvin for recommending the EF hood and hob, i love how sleek it is with the cabinets. :)

IMG-20140923-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20140923-WA0002.jpg

Glass door for the kitchen as well as the divider have been put up, but i forgot to snap some photos. However, realised there were some slight problems, one of the kitchen tiles were chipped and some paint was on the furniture. Highlighted to Kelvin and they will be rectifying the necessary.

Update soon!

Hi shir1307,

it has been like what...3 weeks? your renovations..still more to go?

we've moved in over a week now...found a lot of defects...see the BSC ppl until sian liao..

perhaps u should start to take a closer look...

our skirtings got gaps here n there..low water pressure (they opened the tap..got some sang inside!)..etc etc etc.haizzz..

nice! your reno is really fast!!

Hey hey! yes reno is almost completed this week, think handover will be this week. Kelvin is just doing the touching up for all the minor issues and fixing up the last bits.

Hi shir1307, it has been like what...3 weeks? your renovations..still more to go? we've moved in over a week now...found a lot of defects...see the BSC ppl until sian liao.. perhaps u should start to take a closer look... our skirtings got gaps here n there..low water pressure (they opened the tap..got some sang inside!)..etc etc etc.haizzz..

Hey ANDilalala, yes renovations almost all done, Kelvin (ID) is doing the finishing works. oh dear... but the skirtings is done by the HDB people? yes am opening my eyes big big to make sure all the stuff is done well before ID handsover to us. :)

Wow! Ur reno is really fast! I am still waiting for the carpenter to come install all the carpentry works. Think my handover will only be done in another 2 weeks.. :(

Wow! Ur reno is really fast! I am still waiting for the carpenter to come install all the carpentry works. Think my handover will only be done in another 2 weeks.. :(

Our reno contractor was quite kool.. we told him our timeline...our budget..what we needed ... he got all done in 2 weeks. he understood the timeline cos the new owners of our flat was dropping hints of wanting to move in.

he would tells us what was going to be done..updated us when the work is done..all within the 2 weeks timeline...all this despite him busy preparing for his son's wedding that time.

Be patient... i rather quality work than rushed job.

Our reno contractor was quite kool.. we told him our timeline...our budget..what we needed ... he got all done in 2 weeks. he understood the timeline cos the new owners of our flat was dropping hints of wanting to move in.

he would tells us what was going to be done..updated us when the work is done..all within the 2 weeks timeline...all this despite him busy preparing for his son's wedding that time.

Be patient... i rather quality work than rushed job.

Yes agree, i told Kelvin fast is good, but must do nice nice for me also. :)