Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joeng

Granite Stain/natural Mark?

Hello... need help as i just renovated my kitchen and there's marking on my black granite that appear. It was not there when they first install it but contractor claim that it's definitely a natural stone pattern!! How can I check? I'm new to this forum & can't seem to atatch any media. Need some advise as I really do not think that is natural stone pattern as claimed :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you all for the reply.... so looks like I have to just accept this mark then :( but if it's natural, it should be there when they install it but for my case, it appear later... he did get the guy to polish it but the mark is still there.

I'm new to this forum ... err... cannot seem to find how to load the pictures!

On 12/02/2016 at 7:47 AM, CairoKing said:

From the picture you posted, no its not natural, you spilled something on the granite?

Actually it would help to know what actually spilled on the granite, if something did indeed spilled onto it, hmm

• Like 4

On 10/08/2016 at 2:07 AM, Rondell said:

Actually it would help to know what actually spilled on the granite

True that would be helpful, but i always thought like granite stone was quite tough and resistant?

• Like 2

well, granite is tough, but being a natural stone, it tends to have small spacing in between them. the stains looks like it came from the milky water that plaster guys accidentally spilled on it. and left it there...

On 10 March, 2017 at 4:16 PM, kangeroo168 said:

stains looks like it came from the milky water that plaster guys accidentally spilled on it

Thats what i suspect as well from the looks of it

• Like 2

most likely thinner or turpentine or some chemical aicd that spilled over and left it for days. the natural stone absorb the chemical and have reaction and caused the stain