Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sentinel

2Nd Time Renovation (Braddell)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally got the open wardrobe system from IKEA installed. I should have insisted my id leave a pelmet over there. IKEA wouldn't want to dill into false ceilings and they don't have the appropriate wall plugs. My id helped me to reinforce the ceiling with timber strips and I had to convince IKEA they just have to help me align the poles, drill the screws right up and I will bear responsibility for any damage or injury in future.

PB010046-2.jpg

Finally got the open wardrobe system from IKEA installed. I should have insisted my id leave a pelmet over there. IKEA wouldn't want to dill into false ceilings and they don't have the appropriate wall plugs. My id helped me to reinforce the ceiling with timber strips and I had to convince IKEA they just have to help me align the poles, drill the screws right up and I will bear responsibility for any damage or injury in future.

PB010046-2.jpg

What's the purpose of pelmet here?

Can you also throw some light on how your ID reinforced the ceiling with timber strips?

What's the purpose of pelmet here?

Can you also throw some light on how your ID reinforced the ceiling with timber strips?

IKEA normally would only drill onto the concrete wall. If there's a pelmet there, it would have save a 2nd trip as IKEA would be able to do it the 1st time.

The drilling is only 3 holes at the top of each pole. So my id asked the ceiling guy to insert timber strips at the position where the poles are. Literally had to cut open a section and insert the timber strips, then secure the timber using screws. So on the 2nd attempt, IKEA just had to use screws to drill right through the dryboard and timber above.

Actually, if we had the "butterfly" wall plugs the 1st time, there's no need for the timber reinforcement.

Going digital ... I find it a bit strange that the door, when fully closed, it's still a bit loose. As in when you push against the door, you can feel it move in slightly before it's stopped by the bolt bracket, or whatever you call that.

The installer told me that it'll need some allowance, else the lock mechanism would get stuck. In any case, the fingerprint works well. Bye bye to keys :)

20141101-i5S-DC-05.jpg

20141101-i5S-DC-04.jpg

Spic and span. Admirably nice. Hope the furniture will do this infrastructure justice! Looking fwd.

Oops ... I had to reuse my existing furniture ... and with kids too ... that's why I only dare to show the before move-in state, LOL.

Edited by sentinel

Wall feature and dining is ready.

PB050055.JPG

20141107-D7000-08.jpg

Kitchen

20141105-EM5-04.jpg

Common bathroom.

20141107-D7000-07.jpg

Master bathroom.

20141101-EM5-03.jpg

Hi,

I also went in for the same WC with the same thin toilet seat! BTW is the WC position in common as per the original layout or did you change it?

Hi,

I also went in for the same WC with the same thin toilet seat! BTW is the WC position in common as per the original layout or did you change it?

Yes, the WC for common toilet is the original position. I found a bad thing about this WC ... the whatever gets stuck on the bowl ... Not sure if I'm sitting on it correctly ... this is getting gross ...

Guest Jasmine Kee

Hello, I see that you have a small kitchen sink too. Just installed the quartz on mine and it looks really tiny. :(

Hello, I see that you have a small kitchen sink too. Just installed the quartz on mine and it looks really tiny. :(

Yeah, When the countertop is bare, it makes it look really small. What's more, it's undermount. However, after using it for the past 2 weeks, it's actually sufficient. More then enough for the pots and pans. I think the width for mine is about 55 cm. :)

Very good and cheap TV wall mount for the room, $79 from Homefix. I got chopped carrot for the living room TV. The installers charged me $220 for that when the new TV was delivered. I couldn't possibly have gone out to get one in time ...

20141105-i5S-DC-05.jpg

20141108-i5S-DC-01.jpg

Another big ticket item ... Quite like the TV nowadays. The remote can act as a pointer and it's quite smooth to control as well. Had to buy longer audio and video cables though.

20141201-i5S-DC-01.jpg

20141201-i5S-DC-06.jpg

Also decided to install a digital door viewer. Comes with motion detection. I thought it is quite useful. One day our helper went missing, I suspect the agency had picked her up and the images recorded on the viewer unit confirmed that ...

20150106-i5S-DC-02.jpg

20150106-i5S-DC-01.jpg