Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bibliokitty

Calling Pole System Wiw Users 5+ Years On

Hi all!

In process of looking for a good pole system to buy. Leaning towards Ikea because it's by far the cheapest but don't know if it can last. There are so many different ones available I have no idea how to choose.

Can anyone who's used Ikea, Alumix, OPSH, Closet design etc tell me if yours have lasted well? Particularly the Ikea one because cost is a major major issue

TIA!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I just installed Ximula. It is much more sleek compare to Sister brand Alumix.

Paid 2300 for 6ft with sliding doors. Black Frame with brown wood shelving. Including top pelmet and 1 side false wall.

I walked into IMM to wanting to view Ximula, they happened to have a roadshow and I just grab the offer.

Thanks for input! Any reason why you picked Ximula over other brands?

Also, others who have installed different brands... how are they holding up? Thanks!

I did an extensive comparison. Decided Ximula is the best, most durable. Its a cousin of Alumix...have been using it for around 2 years...very sturdy.

I've used Ikea Stolmen for 6 yrs before without problems. The Stolmen system will be discountinued in 2015. For my reno now, I purchased from Ikea again. It's powder-coated now, even nicer than before. I even bought a few boards extra for keeping. Poles are aluminium, shelves and drawers are fiberboards.

Hi,

I have the Alumix system for the past 8 yrs. Quality wise no issue except that the drawer unit is quite stiff. The lock was spolit after 1 year (but that can easily be replaced - i'm too lazy to change). On hindsight, I should have chosen ximula instead. More sleek in design but comes with additional cost. Should have gone for it instead!

I also have the alumix mirror (the one that can slide out) but that was a white elephant.. My wife always use the mirror in the master toilet instead of the slide out mirror. A waste of money for the mirror I would say...

Cheers :)

I have a pole system from Excel. You can check out their catalogue online.

http://excelhw.com.sg/

Installed it 2 years ago. Very sturdy and good if you want to make full use of your floor to ceiling height. Only small negative about it is that the metal rods get scratched easily by my hangers. The shelves and drawers themselves are very good. No problem whatsoever. When I was checking out pole systems, I found Excel to be the best value for money considering I wanted a lot of drawers. They also have this feature where if after a while you want to change the configuration, you don't need to hack, just unscrew and readjust. This doesn't mean it's any less durable though. It's really very secure.

If you're shopping around, I suggest you bring a rough drawing for how many drawers/shelves and rods you need. As well as floor plan if you have. It's much easier and faster to get a quotation this way. I went to their showroom and got a quote then and there after choosing the finishing and discussing requirements. All in all, I don't regret using them!

I've used Ikea Stolmen for 6 yrs before without problems. The Stolmen system will be discountinued in 2015. For my reno now, I purchased from Ikea again. It's powder-coated now, even nicer than before. I even bought a few boards extra for keeping. Poles are aluminium, shelves and drawers are fiberboards.

stolmen going to discounted? I though I just saw that there have a lot more version?