Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Doris Chin

Executive Mansionette @ Bukit Gombak

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Update: the purchase process stalled due to my bank not sending the approval for the purchase of recess area. Took them like 22 days to respond. Finally received yesterday.. Guess the process is still ongoing......

By the way, HDB suddenly asked whether I will use their lawyer but I had already appointed my own (due to bank loan).. If anyone else does this, might want to consider this point as maybe able to save some money.

Edited by DorisChin

Due to my recent china trip, I managed to buy lights and got them air freighted back :) free in my luggage, but not for my house, but for the office. Will have to get an electrician to put them up! After many checks on the Internet, believe they should work in SG!

Finally signed another stack of documents at my lawyer. Seems like HDB had a confusion around which lawyer will handle and then things got delayed again.

Based on my experience with concurrent purchase of recess area-my advice would be not to do it unless you are not rushed for time. There are multiple parties involved (more than the normal time transaction) and unless you personally follow up closely every step, it stalls and stalls.

So finally my completion date should be end of this month. 16 weeks after 1st appt.

Finally signed another stack of documents at my lawyer. Seems like HDB had a confusion around which lawyer will handle and then things got delayed again.

Based on my experience with concurrent purchase of recess area-my advice would be not to do it unless you are not rushed for time. There are multiple parties involved (more than the normal time transaction) and unless you personally follow up closely every step, it stalls and stalls.

So finally my completion date should be end of this month. 16 weeks after 1st appt.

Can't wait for your reno to start!!! My completion also took 4 weeks from 1st appt and that is the norm (fastest also) :)

By the way, the lights from taobao was installed today and they all work! Maybe because the supplier was based in shanghai and all were hand delivered / via flight, there was no problem with broken parts.

• Like 1

Finally it's confirmed I will get my keys to house and recess area settled! Ready to tackle Reno soon!

Also need some more stuff for office, so going to ask relative to buy again and transfer stuff via amcon this time.

Edited by DorisChin