Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Doris Chin

Executive Mansionette @ Bukit Gombak

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Mrbytez, director track can also be mounted but is quite thick when mounted.. I did also buy the wall mounting type for kitchen use. It was a package with track, 6 sockets and light ($399). The salesperson was really good, everything also can exchange if later I change my mind..

Hi walgaga, thanks for the reply..

Edited by Doris Chin

Hi Mrbytez, director track can also be mounted but is quite thick when mounted.. I did also but the wall mounting type for kitchen use. It was a package with track, 6 sockets and light ($399). The salesperson was really good, everything also can exchange if later I change my mind..

Hi walgaga, thanks for the reply..

You have the mounted pics yet? :idea:

Ended up buying techno hob and hood as Electrolux hob was a bit smaller (76cm) vs techo. Hoe Kee indicated that techo is made in Italy vs uno which is made in China.

Chose a really old design which is similar to current one as my mother likes the current one..

I go :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: when I saw SEVEN TVs.

i) Considering that the older Masionette have only 30Amp rated is it? You really have to get your contractor to understand your power needs and provide recommendation to fit all your usage.

ii) Hoe Kee (I assume that you sourced from IMM) did not really have a lot to offer. I dropped by the branch at Paya Lebar and it seems much more on display there.

Anyway We got ours at Lion City - Induction Hob for a change.

iii) Which Aircon Brand did you choose eventually. I really cannot imagine the whole house not fitted with air-con everywhere considering your inventory of Entertainment equipment is so much, lol

Hi whalgaga,

Thanks for the concern!!

I did chk with hdb who informed me that HIPS program included upgrading to 40amp :) so I can install 2 system 3..

Unfortunately mum prefer old school type, so am going with old style burner..

Dear mummyoftwo,

Switches are from BJ, pls chk details in earlier post.

Hi whalgaga,

Thanks for the concern!!

I did chk with hdb who informed me that HIPS program included upgrading to 40amp :) so I can install 2 system 3..

Unfortunately mum prefer old school type, so am going with old style burner..

Dear mummyoftwo,

Switches are from BJ, pls chk details in earlier post.

Yay! I just found out the upgrading to 40amp yesterday too while my contractor was checking the power supply box outside.. Urgh!!! Could have gone for more power instead.. Now if wanna add, have to put 2 compressors :curse:

Finalized my taobao list,

and sent it off,

Fairy godmother will buy,

and ship it over! :deal:

Am inspired by another blogger, hehe!

taobao-2_zps715ed22d.jpg

Hi Doris, can share with me the light in red background link? thanks!

I was told by my contractor despite having a 40 amp rating; If I have an induction hob (easily 15-30amp), I cannot switch both the aircon and the hob on at same time.

si mi logic???!?

So housewarming, if I need to on my aircon in the living areas, I cannot cook lor, jialat lolxx

My understanding on the amp rating for cooking hobs goes like this....

Induction Hob can range from 15-30A depending on the wattage range. your induction hob is in. Eg, Total power of cooking hob is 7000W or 7kW which requires a 30A rating & the cooking zones on the hob will have different kW. (You can read the specifications for the model you are interested in)

This is why for induction & vitroceramic hobs, you can't fully utilize ALL cooking zones to the max because you will be pushing the amp rating further. Usually for 30cm hob, you can use only 1 cooking zone while for a 60cm hob, I think max is 2 or 3 cooking zone at the same time.

Different models will have certain limits for the max number of cooking zones you can use at the same time, so be sure to check with the shop or manufacturer for clarification regarding the usage in HDB.

I'm using a vitroceramic hob, 30cm by the way and have been using only 1 cooking zone to cook at a time because I was told this by the salesperson when I bought my hob last time

Aircon amp rating is 15-20A. For aircon power affecting the amp rating, I'm not sure but I do know the amp rating is in that range.

So combine with the usage of both cooking hob and aircon at the same time, your amp rating will have been exceeded by then. Probably a power trip or fuse blown as a result.

I was told by my contractor despite having a 40 amp rating; If I have an induction hob (easily 15-30amp), I cannot switch both the aircon and the hob on at same time.

si mi logic???!?

So housewarming, if I need to on my aircon in the living areas, I cannot cook lor, jialat lolxx

Edited by BunBun

Wow, great explanation by BunBun, am glad I am using gas cooker so hopefully no problem with the power!

By the way, hacking already started last week.. have not been down these few days, hopefully things have improved from this condition.. :jawdrop:image1_zpsjwp5iqrb.jpeg

Edited by Doris Chin