Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Doris Chin

Executive Mansionette @ Bukit Gombak

Today got a really good deal in JB. Bought an Elba oven at RM999, approx S$380. In addition, customs did not charge me GST as I was with 3 family members. Overall a fantastic deal as I called Elba singapore and they quoted similar item at S$600+

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally amcon informed me that my shipment is arriving! It was shipped out before Chinese New Year!!! It's been like 4 weeks!! According to them it was stuck at china customs inspection..

Long time never post as too busy!!

I finally received my taobao items yesterday after months of waiting.. so long I cannot even remember how long it took :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:(shipped before CNY)!

Items received were okay but my lights were slightly damaged but hopefully usable... and Amcon lost one of my packages and dunno whether I will ever get it.

In the meantime, my paraquat was glued on, roof was built (in 1 day yesterday) and now I am looking at the quote by the carpenter.

Was quoted $5700 for ~27ft top/bottom cabinets (including some box up of pipes) + $900 for ~14ft solid surface (white laminates for inner, 3S Solid Surface www.3ssolidsurface.com). Could anyone give me an idea on whether this is a reasonable price?

Unfortuantely this is being quoted by my contractor's sub-con who did not give me an idea on whether they are using soft closing etc, and no drawings were given.. so now in real dilemma whether to go ahead.

Please help with comments!!!

Edited by Doris Chin

Gave up on the Digital TV solution, seems like no good solution at the moment, going to just install 6 SCV points and hope for the best in 2 yrs time ($100/SCV point=$600, my heart so pain!)

You need to prepare for Digital TV because the existing analogue signal will be cut sometime after December 2015. Installing SCV points in your TV locations is a solution.

Finishing up on my purchases for the house (from where else, JB again) .. hopefully the end is in sight!

Bought a Rubine 56" fan with light from JB - display set at RM398

Bought LED downlights 8" round (white), according to the salesman the LED is from Taiwan but assembled in M'sia - RM25/pc

Bought floor trap 4" metal - RM30

All in all, good purchases! But was taxed 6% by M'sian Govt (new GST tax) and also 7% by S'pore Govt (the normal tax we all know and xxxx).. now it's worse, got double taxation if buying from JB.. anyways, nothing new as it's the usual story in everyday life.. everything getting more and more exp while our salary never seems to move up much :dunno:

In case you were wondering - Singapore customs gives $150/pax for the GST exemption for day traveller..

Edited by Doris Chin

Was having a headache about the home networking.. due to the change of layout of the house, the previous Opennet (now called Netlink) point needs to be relocated.

Called Singtel who pushed me to Netlink. Called Netlink and they said why i did not call Singtel. Anyways, finally Netlink will take u the case to relocate the point. Same price to relocate/repair - flat price of $220 (for first 15m and then +$33 for every additional 5m).

Will take them 3 days to call me to set up appointment. Earliest date end Apr (3 weeks away)..

Since i was on the topic, i decided to find out the best solution for the entire house.. googled and tons of stuff popped out but no complete overview! Finally stumbled on our dearest government website and woo hoo.. guess what

They had a complete overview on all the options available.. read it.. at http://www.ida.gov.sg/images/content/Infrastructure/nbn/images/pdf/Home_Networking_Reference_Guide_Detailed.pdf

Now, i really love my govt.